Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 'stand up if you want them out' chant

2»

Comments

• Options
    personally I don't really see how it would work if you don't do it during the match.
    It wouldn't have much impact at the protest outside the west stand as most are standing up already. unless you can organise what they do at certain gigs (never been a fan of this) but the band tell everyone to sit down and then jump up at a certain point. guess a bit like "we're gonna bounce in a minute."

eg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDPl4ZPzM5U
  • Options
    I have no problem with it being sung at appropriate points during the match - has to be done for max effect.

I'd also like us to be noisier in general support of the team too, though - on Sat it all fell a bit flat in the second half. Blackburn came storming out, and we could perhaps have done a bit more to lift the lads then and later in the game eg after the subs came on. Difficult when the place is only about a third full, though.
  • Options
    Looks like Jacko isn't the only one who doesn't mind it, here's Morgan Fox mentioning it:
    However, Fox praised the supporters for getting behind the team during the game.

He added: “I thought we had great support, you know, they just really get behind us. They really do, like [Johnnie] Jackson said in the week, become our twelfth man. It’s brilliant to hear it.

“I haven't seen anything - I’ve just been in the changing room but it is what it is [the protest].
  • Options
    Halix said:

Synchronised mooning in the general direction of Belgium.

Oh I forgot, and fart in their general direction of course.
  • Options
    I agree with keeping the 'SUIYWTO' chant limited to just before the kick-off , 1/2 time and very near the end. There was defiantly a period 3/4's way through the second half when we were putting Blackburn under a little pressure and the chant started. Might have just been coincidental but the momentum on the field was lost.
  • Options
    It's very difficult to manage crowds of people. Sometimes you just have to accept that the energy of it will do things you might not approve of.
    Singing or chanting stuff about the regime to familiar football tunes wouldn't badly effect the players if they're fully concentrated on the game
  • Options

"stand up if you want them out"

When the trainer comes on for either team ?

The cameras can picture the crowd as there's no play going on.

This won't wind up the uncommitted, plus they might even join in.

Perhaps when it is one of the opposition's players!