Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Netflix

Comments

• Options
    I can recommend DEXTER. A lot of tension & suspense. Got a bit boring and lost its way a bit when they introduced the romance in some later episodes, but, picked up again and is a great series to watch.
  • Options
    Just started watching Titantic Blood and steel which looks promising. Missus likes Heartland, which is like a Canadian version of the Archers with horses and better scenary. Suits was pretty good but a bit samey after the third series.

Narco's is supposed to be good, but not started on that yet. Marco Polo was OK but lost its way a bit by the end.
  • Options
    Just finished season 4 of homeland, anyone know of anywhere to watch season 5?
  • Options
    I struggle to penetrate this stuff, to me that sounds like it's the hosts that are breaking the law, not the streamer. But I'm not convinced that will remain unchallenged. By the looks of things, those selling the Raspberry Pi with the blatant intention of ripping off content are going to be challenged soon.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10/13/legalities_of_streamed_video_in_europe/

Regardless, it's not sustainable!
  • Options
    and chill
  • Options
    24 - The original and best in box set binge television
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    vff said:

Just started watching Titantic Blood and steel which looks promising. Missus likes Heartland, which is like a Canadian version of the Archers with horses and better scenary. Suits was pretty good but a bit samey after the third series.

Narco's is supposed to be good, but not started on that yet. Marco Polo was OK but lost its way a bit by the end.

Heartland is filmed in Alberta, we live in the mountains not too far from where it is set!

An increasing number of films made in these parts due to the ridiculously weak Canadian $ - The Revenant was shot about 30 mins from my front door, Fargo is all shot in Calgary, quite a lot of Brokeback Mountain, Inception & Interstellar were filmed in the same area as The Revenant as was The Assasination of Jesse James.

Undoubtedly the best local movie though is Cool Runnings featuring the Jamaican Bobsled team!! Classic film....
  • Options
    Oakster said:

vff said:

Heartland is filmed in Alberta, we live in the mountains not too far from where it is set!

An increasing number of films made in these parts due to the ridiculously weak Canadian $ - The Revenant was shot about 30 mins from my front door, Fargo is all shot in Calgary, quite a lot of Brokeback Mountain, Inception & Interstellar were filmed in the same area as The Revenant as was The Assasination of Jesse James.

Undoubtedly the best local movie though is Cool Runnings featuring the Jamaican Bobsled team!! Classic film....
    The Canadian dollar took another hit recently.... and was bad enough.
    Seen the Revenant what a great film. I'd like to live near where that was filmed!

The walking deads on Netflix now going through that, its very popular and I see why. I like watching its the shit simple type you don't have to think about what's going on.
  • Options
    No particular order but here's mine so far and we dont have as good a selection here as the UK or US...under 1000 titles so far. Australia...ranked behind Romania in the Broadband league....

The Vikings (only 2 series so far here but I hear theres 4)

Silk..yeah I know you had that on BBC...far too short a series...shame.

River...seriously good but very short

Orphan Black...seriously brilliant actress in this. 2 Series so far 3rd on its way

Orange is the New Black We have had 3 series but I think there is a fourth coming soon

The Last Kingdom. One series

The Blacklist. 2 series but very long 22 episodes per series....3rd out soon Im told.

Blackfish....very sad

The Killing...two very good actors in this. We have had 3 series so far here....4th to come

Falling Skies...well it werent great but I felt compelled to watch all 5 seasons...its a very good comedy, but supposedly a drama...gave us a laugh with its poor story lines and back slapping anyway.....an Alien called Cochise.....hilarious.

Prison Break Urghhhh gave up, almost as bad as Falling Skies

Continuum

Occupied (Norwegian) very good so far.

Beasts of no Nation

Rake...Australian one very funny

Sense8...One series, very good, bit odd though.

Lots of very good documentaries....just working through Human Planet (BBC....we didnt get it here or if we did I missed it)

Breaking bad......seriously great first 4 series.....didnt like the last couple...and wasnt on Netflix here...we started watching whilst in the UK on Netflix and found Fox had the licence when we got back so had to wait for the re-runs

Hoping they broaden the selection here as its not that big

• Options
    EastStand said:

EastStand said:

Whaaaa? How has noone mentioned The Bridge?

Great Nordic cop drama. It's in Swedish/Danish but as long as you're aren't one of those lazy feckers who "doesn't like subtitles" it's well worth a watch. Saga Noren is my hero.

Is The Killing, the US show, a remake of The Bridge? I'm a big fan of The Killing but haven't watched the original Danish one.
    No, the Killing is another show.
    They both have the original Nordic versions, and copy US versions though.
    The Killing is the English name for Forbrydelsen (which I think means 'Crime'), a Danish TV series which popularised big jumpers on small women.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Catching up with Daredevil. Got to episode 9 and impressed so far.
  • Options

I'm really surprised Netflix doesn't accounts to one person each like Sky Go

There is a maximum user at the same time on the same account threshold. I have had that a couple of times as others in the house have been watching Netflix on other devices. (Its three or four)
  • Options
    This is another thing . I pay sky a small fortune every month and yet sky go is no longer available on mac if you've updated to El Capitan which has been the OS since last summer.
  • Options

Just available in Thailand and sadly many of these recommendations aren't on the list for one reason or another. On a free trial right now but will renew for a while. Only seven pounds a month here for HD.

A Netflix account is worldwide. A simple plug-in for your internet browser, like hola, changes the country you are browsing from. All you have to do is download it, log in to your account and select the your flag of your chosen country.

Due to the different distribution deals of different countries, you can get pretty much any content in the world except HBO and Amazon originals. Makes your 7 quid stretch even further.

I'll give hola a try but proxies and VPNs generally cause me to lose too much bandwidth to make good streaming difficult. I'll report back.
    I use Astrill and rarely have problems with streaming, even with my 1980’s internet.

Most VPNs are trash, you've got to pay for a decent one.
    Just finished my week's trial of Astrill, on your recommendation. Seem to have a problem with Channel 4 but BBC, ITV working well. Netflix UK has so much more available on it than the Thai version and I haven't looked at the US site yet. Doesn't seem to have been blocked........yet. So thanks for the tip, Stu. Signing up full time soon.
  • Options
    IT

Just available in Thailand and sadly many of these recommendations aren't on the list for one reason or another. On a free trial right now but will renew for a while. Only seven pounds a month here for HD.

A Netflix account is worldwide. A simple plug-in for your internet browser, like hola, changes the country you are browsing from. All you have to do is download it, log in to your account and select the your flag of your chosen country.

Due to the different distribution deals of different countries, you can get pretty much any content in the world except HBO and Amazon originals. Makes your 7 quid stretch even further.

I'll give hola a try but proxies and VPNs generally cause me to lose too much bandwidth to make good streaming difficult. I'll report back.
    I use Astrill and rarely have problems with streaming, even with my 1980’s internet.

Just finished my week's trial of Astrill, on your recommendation. Seem to have a problem with Channel 4 but BBC, ITV working well. Netflix UK has so much more available on it than the Thai version and I haven't looked at the US site yet. Doesn't seem to have been blocked........yet. So thanks for the tip, Stu. Signing up full time soon.

Astrill has a speed tester you can use to see which route is the fastest.

UK4 and UK6 both work very well for me.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

This is another thing . I pay sky a small fortune every month and yet sky go is no longer available on mac if you've updated to El Capitan which has been the OS since last summer.

I work on Sky Go. And I cannot use it on my laptop or desktop. Believe me, I have kicked up a fuss about this.
  • Options

I'm really surprised Netflix doesn't accounts to one person each like Sky Go

There is a maximum user at the same time on the same account threshold. I have had that a couple of times as others in the house have been watching Netflix on other devices. (Its three or four)
    You can have loads of people using it, but only 2 or 4 concurrently, depending on what you are paying.
  • Options

Catching up with Daredevil. Got to episode 9 and impressed so far.

Have not watched that yet but it's meant to tie in well with Jessica Jones and I really enjoyed that
  • Options
    just got Netflix free as part of my new broadband package, where do people find the time to watch so much TV?!?!
  • Options

just got Netflix free as part of my new broadband package, where do people find the time to watch so much TV?!?!

Usually during the earlier section of hours they should be sleeping!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016

I usually dedicate 9pm-10pm to netflix. Do it every night and within a couple of months you've finished a tv show.
  • Options
    Watching a series now called Club de Cuervos, it has good reviews on imdb.

And it's about a football club where the chairman dies. :smiley:
  • Options

Watching a series now called Club de Cuervos, it has good reviews on imdb.

And it's about a football club where the chairman dies. :smiley:

Hopefully Charlton are filming the sequel.
  • Options
    Has anyone watched QUEEN on Netflix?   Very bingeworthy.  Don’t let the fact it has a background of LGBT and is a foreign language film put you off.  It’s a gentle drama and only 4 episodes but difficult to turn off once started.
  • Options
    Thought better call Saul (breaking bad prequel) episode 8 season 6 was very very good.

I don't think the show altogether can be left alone. 
    Hopefully more comes out of it after this season finishes. 
  • Options
    Hit the cancel button this morning, of all the streaming services, it was the one that had to go, we'll come back when Stranger Things 5 comes out, but it was Netflix or Disney+ to stay, and the kids are massively into MCU and wider Marvel stuff, and there wasn't enough on Netflix to stay for now, or justify £11 a month
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Thought better call Saul (breaking bad prequel) episode 8 season 6 was very very good.

Absolutely love it!! Think they're doing a great job with the last season, Jimmy becoming Saul, Howard!!! Kim Wexler, Nacho's death & Gus showing he's becoming the top 'Don'
  • Options
    After watching the Staircase HBO drama, me & the Mrs watched the netflix docuseries which came before. Really good
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Absolutely love it!! Think they're doing a great job with the last season, Jimmy becoming Saul, Howard!!! Kim Wexler, Nacho's death & Gus showing he's becoming the top 'Don'

The whole thing plus the film is a masterpiece.

Hopefully they will continue making new stuff that surrounds the original story.

3 or 4 more episodes left. How it ends is anyone's guess 
  • Options

The whole thing plus the film is a masterpiece.

Hopefully they will continue making new stuff that surrounds the original story.

3 or 4 more episodes left. How it ends is anyone's guess 
    Yeah I heard there were discussions about doing a series about Badger & Skinny Pete, but I also read an interview with Vince & Peter that they wanted a break. Hopefully not for long!!