Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

St Truiden fans send protest letter to the board

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mackle said:

I think Upjest is the only one were the fans seem happy.

Not sure how Jena works since I thought the Germans had rules about a certain percentage being owned by fans?

Alcorcon must be relatively happy. 7th in the Segunda division is pretty good.

Only issue there is, they only get crowds of about 2k so there's not many to actually care.
  • Options

Mackle said:

I think Upjest is the only one were the fans seem happy.

Not sure how Jena works since I thought the Germans had rules about a certain percentage being owned by fans?

Alcorcon must be relatively happy. 7th in the Segunda division is pretty good.

Only issue there is, they only get crowds of about 2k so there's not many to actually care.
    Give it a season or two, here, if they stay.
  • Options
    /

Mackle said:

So he is the main shareholder but not sole shareholder?

yeah just a majority shareholder from what I can figure out.
    No, main shareholder. German rules do not allow an individual to hold a majority of shares...
    Correct. I think he has something of the order of 40 to 48% of the shares, but he is proposing major investment in the ground (Prague knows more detail about that) and they had a kind of AGM recently where they said their financial situation had been dire and it was only RD's investment that had kept them going. They decided they would have to make cuts to break even...

I think that was basically the line taken by the club hierarchy (who really are CZJ fans, as Prague again will tell you), but accepted by the ordinary fans (who by the 50%+1 rule have a vote in the AGM).

So they are in a similar situation in some ways, but appear to see RD as a positive force.
  • Options
    Perhaps Roly will parachute his brilliant young CEO in to help appease the customers? They would hear the cheer from here if he did that. She and he are customers of St Truiden first and foremost, so you would hope and pray that is their priority.
  • Options
    vff said:

KM is not a real fan, as a real fan could not be a part of destroying a fellow fans club in the manner she is, as real fans understand what our clubs mean to us all.

You can see that evidence in the support we & others clubs who have to suffer insane owners get from the wider football community.

So for her to imply she is a football fan is an insult to all real football fans around the world.

Katrien Meire finds it 'very weird' that football supporters have a sense of ownership of the club and equates the football experience to going to a restaurant or the cinema. This clearly evidences that she does not have a clue about football or football supporters connection to the club they support. This is pretty serious and damning for someone who is a CEO of a football club.
    At the very least, she she seems shocked that football is unique....
    Not a football person, whatever she claims.
  • Options

Mackle said:

No, main shareholder. German rules do not allow an individual to hold a majority of shares...
    fair enough. I just got it from this...

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/world-football/europe/17311-duchatelet-sells-standard-liege-but-keeps-his-foreign-club-stakes
    I've written about Jena several times since @GlassHalfFull and I were there last March. He does indeed only have a 49% share, and they politely told him they are not interested in the network player malarkey. They also volunteered to mediate a dialogue between him and the more radical fans and it seems to have worked. It is a pity he has not taken that lesson on board with us.
  • Options

Mackle said:

fair enough. I just got it from this...

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/world-football/europe/17311-duchatelet-sells-standard-liege-but-keeps-his-foreign-club-stakes
    I've written about Jena several times since @GlassHalfFull and I were there last March. He does indeed only have a 49% share, and they politely told him they are not interested in the network player malarkey. They also volunteered to mediate a dialogue between him and the more radical fans and it seems to have worked. It is a pity he has not taken that lesson on board with us.
    Why would he? He can be dictatorial with us so won't waste his time unfortunately
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    My perception is that Alcorcon generally retains a fairly normal Spanish identity, on and off the pitch, while the same applies to Jena being German. That means the board, the commercial admin, coaches and players - mostly.

The $64 dollar question is why he flooded Charlton with cheap Belgian no-marks (Riga excepted) and assorted cheap continental players and coaching staff. The Championship is the last place his approach will ever work, but perhaps the larger size of the club actually makes it easier to do, in one sense.

In any case, that is why the Spanish and German fans don't feel the same disconnection from the club regime that we do. I can still identify with the place, the Valley, and the team and, ho hum, the coaches, but not the regime, not one jot. For me, the club as it is now is not CAFC. It's very hard to get my head around that.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

if working with them is going to happen, do they have a fans trust/forum?

I had a look at this:
    https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://www.stvvforum.be/viewtopic.php?t=746&prev=search

but it doesn't look like they use it much.

Just as well the Belgians don't play cricket....

Edit ** Wrong place for this post , doh !

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2016

if working with them is going to happen, do they have a fans trust/forum?

I had a look at this:
    https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://www.stvvforum.be/viewtopic.php?t=746&prev=search

but it doesn't look like they use it much.

Just as well the Belgians don't play cricket....

Edit ** Wrong place for this post , doh !

Ah, but they do (17 clubs) !! - and they invented the game too !!.......

http://www.icc-cricket.com/about/116/icc-members/associate-members/belgium
  • Options
    Would be fantastic if we could integrate CARD to include STVV fans groups and possibly, standard liege if they still want to have a pop at roly. Hopefully CARD can start some dialogue with our fellow anti Duchatelet European friends, and get something big organised.