Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Let's vote for Tony Watt as POTY

Comments

• Options
    Let KM hold it on a Saturday night and no one buy tickets. It is in the fans hands, lots of talk, let us see action, if fans do not get the POYA when they want it, do not go
  • Options
    Kat first floated this idea over a year ago and got advised by several people that her idea was not a good one.

Good to see her listen to those that know
  • Options
    Typical shit management. Changing little things are easy. Doing something that actually matters is beyond them.
  • Options
    Just for balance KM said that the players want it to be on the Saturday. Irrespective as to tradition I can understand the players desire. They finish for their summer holiday on Saturday and then have to come in, again, on the Sunder evening.

I'm all for protesting and all that but let's not start behaving like KM and 'change the facts' to suit out agenda.

Also if you watch the video it is obvious that they are backtracking before the meeting is even finished. My best guess is that it will be on the Sunday but if we vote for a player that has left (especially if it's because he is disruptive and the other players are happy with his exit) then we have to expect them to all to refuse to turn up at all next year.

We are a laughing stock, let's not make it any worse with cheap stunts and insulting the players by voting for someone that has left.
  • Options

Just for balance KM said that the players want it to be on the Saturday. Irrespective as to tradition I can understand the players desire. They finish for their summer holiday on Saturday and then have to come in, again, on the Sunder evening.

I'm all for protesting and all that but let's not start behaving like KM and 'change the facts' to suit out agenda.

Also if you watch the video it is obvious that they are backtracking before the meeting is even finished. My best guess is that it will be on the Sunday but if we vote for a player that has left (especially if it's because he is disruptive and the other players are happy with his exit) then we have to expect them to all to refuse to turn up at all next year.

We are a laughing stock, let's not make it any worse with cheap stunts and insulting the players by voting for someone that has left.

Sorry, more BS from KM I'm afraid.

All of the players that I have spoken to, which is basically all of them, like the event
  • Options
    Oscars are sometimes clearly awarded to an actor not for a performance in the current year but for a lifetime's devotion to the industry without ever winning the big prize. In the same way we could agree this year to vote for Johnny Jackson as the fans' acknowledgement of his sterling contribution over the years and continued dedication to the cause.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Kermo or sir Chris Powell
  • Options
    There wont be one
  • Options
    I don't get the love for Watt. Talented but hasn't put the effort in for months
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

All of the players that I have spoken to, which is basically all of them, like the event
    I never said they didn't like it, just that it was suggested that the players wanted it on the Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafc999 said:

I never said they didn't like it, just that it was suggested that the players wanted it on the Saturday.
    A lot of them like the Sunday as they make it an all day affair (and night for a lot of them)

As I said earlier - KM expressed changing it to a Saturday after the match event over a year ago
  • Options

Charlton Life 10th anniversary dinner :-)

Blimey, ten years already? That's a good shout. reckon we would get a solid turnout at a charlton local to celebrate and have a CL Player of the Year do and can ignore anything the club hijacks.
  • Options

It is normal for players to train for at least a week after the season ends, unless going on international duty, I believe
  • Options

cafc999 said:

How man off the players she spoke to are still here?
  • Options

Quote from the Fans forum thread, Dansk_Red said -

"I think the lady who spoke about organizing the POTY was taken aback when Iain said he was not interested in being involved if the club wanted to organize it to take place after the Burnley game on the Saturday. She has 12 weeks to organize it, I can not see an of the fans (Fanny) wanting to collect votes etc. The fans could make a total farce of it by voting for TWW."

It was very clear from the fans forum, that Katrien wants the POTY "do" on a Saturday, even though this is patently no good for supporters, who have been to the game in their football attire and would not be able to change for the evening. As with everything she does, this is pure incompetence or damn right deliberate, to discourage supporters from attending.

She also wants to invite the community trust, in order to dilute the amount of supporters there and in doing so, prevent/reduce any negative comments that would be coming her way.

There is no way she must be allowed to succeed, but she will plough on regardless.

So, on this basis we must not let the event happen as it is NOT what the supporters want. It is the supporters POTY.

On this basis I strongly urge all supporters to vote for either Tony Watt or someone else, in order to make a mockery of the event.

If the POTY "do" goes ahead as normal, then I retract the above.

Isn't it likely that if we did all vote for Watt, that the club would just announce second place as the winner?
  • Options
    There's only one serious choice, I believe...

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Boycott the event and all vote for Naby Sarr or Makienok.

Another few goals and Big Mak might win it anyway
  • Options
    Stig said:

There's only one serious choice, I believe...

Genuinely forgot about him, is he still on trial??

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Listen to why Watt left and then close the thread

Think you are missing the point here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vote for Tony Watt, after hearing JR's interview, let's not!
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Is that just a suggestion Colin or are you getting all manly? (mean, moody and magnificent - awh awh suits you, suits you sir)
  • Options
    Like a few have said, maybe a difficult player to work with, but the best we have/had.
    Maybe he had the bollocks to stand up to the present regime and think he is better than it.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

THIS....
  • Options
    Give Airman Brown a squad number and he gets my vote
  • Options
    No - let's not.
  • Options
    If Riga said he wanted to go then good riddance ! In Jose we trust
  • Options
    Abstaining from voting/turning up rarely works as there always a few who don't get the memo and will just turn up anyway.

To make an impact it has to be 'doing' something.

I would get behind the idea of voting Tony Watt.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    colin1961 said:

Have to agree with this tbh. Colin seems to be veering from the utterly ridiculous to the surprisingly agreeable and back again all in one week.

No middle ground with Col.