Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Spell it Out/CARD banners at Rotherham today

Did they show up on the stream?

Saw one briefly after the first goal but wondered if both were there and on display and for how long.

Anyone get a picture?

Comments

• Options
    Clearly on display in the Sky highlights
  • Options
    They were covered on the stream more than once and at one stage a good ten fifteen secs solely on them
  • Options

Taken from the steam.

thanks, great stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That top banner is especially important, sends a clear message to the players(if they did not know anyway) that we are not protesting against any of them.
  • Options
    You should have had them up on the free coach ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic to see the banners, and have them highlighted on the C5 football prog.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Another upside of being a banner-holder-upper is that the banner itself helps you protect yourself from the wind/rain/snow or all three at the same time !

I'm just imagining the number of "Sothern softies" uttered by the Rotherham faithful as they looked upon us using it as a blanket!
  • Options

It was great to see the cameras focusing on the banners and the commentators talking about the protests, as if the rat really does watch all of the matches from his Belgian lair, then he can't then help but see them. Hope it causes him some discomfort! We need to keep up the pressure so that he gets the message that we won't give up until he is gone, irrespective of what is happening on the pitch.

I think that it has been reported that RD gets his live stream from the home club, be it us or the opposition, so whether Rotherham's camera showed the flags are not, we do not know.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

They looked brilliant. Amazingly enough, the Rotherham boars and stewards didn't seem to mind them being shown :wink:

sure that as long as they aren't blocking advertising they will be welcomed at the Valley too. Fan engagement is so important you know :smile: - )
    Ironic that Rotherham had no problem with showing banners that could be considered inflammatory whilst the home-made completely inoffensive banner was removed at the Valley last week (don't believe for one moment that obstruction of advertising was the reason for removal)

• Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    First names take the edge off for me.
  • Options
    When the first banner went up and we had no reaction from the stewards i went down to have a chat with them. No problem re banners as long as no bad language was written on them.Told them we had a second banner ,go ahead put it up was the remark that came back to me..Thank them for understanding the cause.

Good to met up with you guys ,very good weekend had.
  • Options
    Channel 5 commentator when the banners were on the screen ".....Katrien Meire who's also part of the top brass at The Valley" hmmmmmm