Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Local Adult Sunday Leagues

2»

Comments

• Options

Who plays for who then I play in the OBDSFL for Farnborough!

We've got you on Sunday mate!
    Manorwood? I'm not about this week so second choice left back will be in, he's still better than Fox though.
    Oh sorry mate I thought you meant Farnborough Old Boys in the 4th!
  • Options

Used to play OBDSFL until 5 or 6 years back but my team folded when we all got too old to play. If still the same then 5th division (bottom) was awful, just blokes pissed from night before kicking lumps out of each other. 3rd 4th divisions were competitive and fun albeit at a reasonably low standard. 2nd division and above stepped up in ability (although that was probably just that I was a div 2/3 standard). The great thing was that the league was exceptionally well run and they always prided themselves on having refs for each game and expelling bad eggs quite quickly.

http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=846038040&psSelectedDivision=1354124&psSelectedCompetition=0&psSelectedLeague=3117271

Blimey - just looked on the website, Starks Park, top of the 4th division (looks like they have one division less now). Always used to be the whipping boys in my day...! They are one of the few team names I recall in the lower leagues so been going a while and on the up...maybe somewhere to look at?

Starks being whipping boys changed the second I joined mate ;)
    I'm sure ISSS will confirm but they actually got up to division 4 on there own merit before the OBDSFL cut a division. I used to see them as whipping boys in my North Kent days but having played them 2 years ago in a pre-season friendly I saw they had made considerable changes/improvements.
    We were indeed. Bizarre league restructuring. We finish 3rd and effectively get relegated as the team that finished third in the league BELOW us are currently playing a division above. They won't be next year though! Unless of course the league contrive to keep us where we are again.

Out of interest, which team did you play for in a friendly against us?
  • Options

Manorwood? I'm not about this week so second choice left back will be in, he's still better than Fox though.
    That's our reserves, although we don't really have much to do with them, they're terrible by the way fill your boots.
  • Options

That's our reserves, although we don't really have much to do with them, they're terrible by the way fill your boots.
    10 games, zero wins. Should be okay..
  • Options

10 games, zero wins. Should be okay..
    We actually moved from being whipping boys to mid-table mediocrity a fair few seasons back... but as mentioned, awful decision to promote teams that effectively finished 13 places below us for footballing reasons as they would "provide more competetive football"... really?
  • Options

Used to play OBDSFL until 5 or 6 years back but my team folded when we all got too old to play. If still the same then 5th division (bottom) was awful, just blokes pissed from night before kicking lumps out of each other. 3rd 4th divisions were competitive and fun albeit at a reasonably low standard. 2nd division and above stepped up in ability (although that was probably just that I was a div 2/3 standard). The great thing was that the league was exceptionally well run and they always prided themselves on having refs for each game and expelling bad eggs quite quickly.

http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=846038040&psSelectedDivision=1354124&psSelectedCompetition=0&psSelectedLeague=3117271

Blimey - just looked on the website, Starks Park, top of the 4th division (looks like they have one division less now). Always used to be the whipping boys in my day...! They are one of the few team names I recall in the lower leagues so been going a while and on the up...maybe somewhere to look at?

Starks being whipping boys changed the second I joined mate ;)
    I'm sure ISSS will confirm but they actually got up to division 4 on there own merit before the OBDSFL cut a division. I used to see them as whipping boys in my North Kent days but having played them 2 years ago in a pre-season friendly I saw they had made considerable changes/improvements.
    We were indeed. Bizarre league restructuring. We finish 3rd and effectively get relegated as the team that finished third in the league BELOW us are currently playing a division above. They won't be next year though! Unless of course the league contrive to keep us where we are again.

Out of interest, which team did you play for in a friendly against us?
    St Germains over in Catford, can't remember if you beat us by the odd goal or a draw which is strange because I usually have a spot on memory about sunday league games and scores. We'll probably be playing you next season if we keep going.
  • Options

0 points from 10 games and bottom of the 4th, oh dear...or the other one!
    Wrong one mate we're 3rd with a game in hand lost 1. Division 2.
    Yeah, had suspected that. I used to play Sunday League with your recently departed coach.
  • Options
    London and Kent Border League joined with the Kent Suburban League to form the London and Kent Suburban League. Both leagues were losing clubs. Eltham and District League joined with the Woolwich League. Same reason. Orpington and Bromley Sunday League still have six divisions and is probably the strongest League in north Kent. Metropolitan Sunday League is still going although not as strong as it once was. The North Kent Sunday League is down the four divisions.