Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Super Bowl 50

124»

Comments

• Options
    Peyton, please retire!
  • Options
    Not a good game. Newton was exposed for what he really is - a running back masquerading as a QB. The local Boston experts said all along that if you keep him contained, and make him throw, it would be difficult for Carolina. He has one of the worst completion ratings (27th). That may not be all him, he doesn't have much in the way of receivers, but his lack of reliable accuracy was on display a few times during the game.

Now the big story is, was that the end for Manning?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

This is where I usually struggle. Making it through the extended half time show.

Bollox. Didn't see another play !!
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited February 2016
    Cam bottled it near the end there. He could have recovered that fumble but didn't want to get hurt. Maybe he's a prima donna.

A good win for Denver. By the end they were totally dominant. The Panthers were very disappointing.

It was perfect weather for the game. It hit 76 degrees I think (what's that? about 24C), which is not bad for February. It's great living in Norcal.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Got up at 7 this morning, turned the tv on and was really surprised to find it had finished!!!!

Did they manage more than the average 11 minutes of actually playing time, hidden amongst the ad breaks and incessant stoppages, in this one?
  • Options
    Rob said:

Cam bottled it near the end there. He could have recovered that fumble but didn't want to get hurt.

That was sad to see. His lack of interest ruined a great season for him. He was awful but still the better qb, definitely time for manning to call it a day

• Options
    Newton didn't show a lack of interest. He was rattled by the big occasion. He's young and I am sure he will be back.
  • Options
    D Fence rules in an error strewn but intriguing game .. Newton was rattled early on, the Carolina offensive line was no match for the brilliant 'attack minded' Denver defence whereas the Denver offensive line, though not a lot better than Carolina's at least gave the remarkably ponderous Manning some time .. as for Manning ? .. time to retire gracefully .. if any franchise gives him a contract for old times sake, they are making a big mistake ..
    and the 1/2 time show ? .. spectacular if naff ((:>) .. the cost must have been equal to the GDP of a small European nation .. bring back Tom Petty, the best show over the past years during the spectacular half time interval
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Newton didn't show a lack of interest. He was rattled by the big occasion. He's young and I am sure he will be back.

This 100% he froze it was evident from the pre game he looked so up tight, I uope he comes back from it, it may be too big a tag hanging round his neck
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Strange game in many ways, Panthers never adjusted to Denvers speed rush. The Panthers TE was never a factor, I don't remember them using any screen pass (which you would against an aggressive D). It seemed to me they bought into their own hype and thought they could just turn up.

• Options

johnny73 said:

This 100% he froze it was evident from the pre game he looked so up tight, I uope he comes back from it, it may be too big a tag hanging round his neck
    Spot on IMO.
    First time I've seen him play without a smile on his face.
    Seemed like not enjoying the game prevented him having a good game. While not having a good game prevented him from enjoying the game. Vicious cycle.
  • Options
    philcafc said:

Bad call there, that's a catch in my book.

2 angles on tv replay show it as a clearly completed catch but the officials choose to stick with a wrong decision. WTF? makes a mockery of having a review system.
  • Options

philcafc said:

2 angles on tv replay show it as a clearly completed catch but the officials choose to stick with a wrong decision. WTF? makes a mockery of having a review system.
    Could well have been a very different outcome if the officials had got that right.
  • Options
    Super Bowl 50: 112 million viewers.
    Liverpool vs Man Utd: 700 million viewers.

Just see the above on me Facebook
  • Options
    RobRob
    edited February 2016
    Vincenzo said:

philcafc said:

Could well have been a very different outcome if the officials had got that right.
    At the time I wondered if the officials had taken a bung. It was clearly a completed pass and could well have changed the whole game. I hasten to add, I don't think they did. They were just incompetent.
  • Options
    As much as I tried ( and i do every year) I couldn't make it past the half way mark without nodding off . One year I will do it. Perhaps I should get sponsored next year to see if I can make it till the end.
  • Options
    For once, the time difference worked in my favour. 10.30am start (although it was Monday and I had to take the day off). BBQ for brekky.
  • Options
    Loads of knobheads 'celebrating' after the game... Luckily they were white though so nobody got shot.