Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peaky Blinders

Comments

• Options
    edgyGreat to see Stephen Graham in it, but jees the last series was more cringe than edgy. It's so sad to see your favorite edgy characters turn into comedians. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    edgyGreat to see Stephen Graham in it, but jees the last series was more cringe than edgy. It's so sad to see your favorite edgy characters turn into comedians. 
    I think it's because the first couple of series were based on stories about the peaky blinders, since then it's been made up stories, hope it doesn't end like GOT.
  • Options
    I found the last series a bit hard going and too much about style rather than substance. Didn’t much care for the mysterious ‘whodunnit’ ending either.
    Also, not sure what they’re going to do about Polly’s character. Helen McCrory is pretty much irreplaceable and brought an awful lot of the best stuff to the show. 
    I’ll watch it, and Stephen Graham is an excellent addition, but I think the show may have jumped the shark already.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's going to be a tough one with Polly.

I hope they give her a send-off the character deserves (as well as Helen). Whether they can do that with unused footage/CGI/doubles, I'm not sure.
  • Options
    Polly was talking about moving to Australia, so maybe that's how they'll write her out. 
  • Options
    Slightly disappointing series, salvaged by the last episode, cleverly setting up the next series. Now I know why the Finn character was there!
    So do we believe that Finn deliberately leaked the plan to kill Mosley, or that the football fixer bloke did? Or what? And whom did they leak it to? Did Mosley himself know on the night that this was happening?

Thought it was one of the better series but the final episode a let down because there was nothing final about it at all. We know there is another series, but no need to  shove that in our faces And the return of Alfie a big mistake, as said above. And actually they devalued his supreme line from the previous series by letting him use the word "cunt" again, IMO. Slight lack of class about those two things which past BBC producers would never have allowed. 

I think the football fixer bloke maybe IRA and they wouldn't want Mosley killed, due to unrest Mosley would caused to England. 
    Looks like my hunch was right.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Yeah, it's going to be a tough one with Polly.

I hope they give her a send-off the character deserves (as well as Helen). Whether they can do that with unused footage/CGI/doubles, I'm not sure.
    I think they handled it as well as they could in terms of the actual send off. How they manage without her over the course of the series will be interesting. Seems to be time for the other Peaky girls (and the American gangster niece) to step up. 
  • Options
    very stylish start to the final series .. I'm not a great P B fan but think this will be an interesting finale .. we will see
  • Options
    Enjoyed episode 1 a lot, thought episode 2 was kinda disappointing personally. 
  • Options
    I thought both episodes were building the story. I expect this series to develop into classic PB.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Am really enjoying Season 6. They have done clever things with the characters, so as not to turn it into a cheesy/parody show. Playing on the past, vulnerabilities, life ambitions, relationships of each character very well for me. 

and that's without mentioning my new love for Opera!
  • Options
    Is it my dodgy hearing or crap tv,but I dont think the sound is too great ,a lot seems muffled.
  • Options
    Haven’t enjoyed this season at all so far. It’s one of my favourite shows of all time but I’m now finding some of the acting and characters a bit cringey, although I’ve not really liked the whole Tommy Shelby as an MP thing from the start so that probably doesn’t help. Maybe that’s just me but I’m now realising that the first 2 seasons were the real peak of the show.
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Haven’t enjoyed this season at all so far. It’s one of my favourite shows of all time but I’m now finding some of the acting and characters a bit cringey, although I’ve not really liked the whole Tommy Shelby as an MP thing from the start so that probably doesn’t help. Maybe that’s just me but I’m now realising that the first 2 seasons were the real peak of the show.
    happens with a lot of series .. trying to keep drawing water when the well is dry .. recently e.g. Line of Duty, Killing Eve i m o went a series or two too far let's hope that the Peaky's go out in a blaze of glory
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Is it my dodgy hearing or crap tv,but I dont think the sound is too great ,a lot seems muffled.
    It's muffled, I put the sub titles on.
    As for the first two episodes, they can only be described as slow.
  • Options
    The story has to evolve over 6 series and as it is based on a historical timeline, it has to loosely follow that. I think it is quite clever how the series has done this.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I’ve not watched the series but found the documentary about the real Peaky Blinders very interesting.
  • Options
    Personally, I think it has gone downhill since the first 2 series. The one with the mafia and Adrien Brodie was terrible. I haven't watched this series.
  • Options
    Personally, I think it has gone downhill since the first 2 series. The one with the mafia and Adrien Brodie was terrible. I haven't watched this series.
    I liked that series but agree 3 and 5 weren’t great. 
  • Options

Deliberate, I think, to add to the atmosphere. They also set nearly every scene a very poorly lit environment. Ayone with both hearing and eyesight problems might as well switch over!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We use sub titles more and more these days and certainly need them for Peaky Blinders.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Watched episode 1 of series 1 on the player tonight. It’s good isn’t it? 😎 
  • Options
    Only the finale left - doesn't really feel like its fulfilling its potential. There's parts of all the episodes I like but it doesn't feel like we're approaching a series or even show finale
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    It has felt like it is building but has run out of episodes so whilst still watchable, it is not PBs at its best. I expect the last episode will be a cracker though. 
  • Options
    Last Ep will be much longer apparently. Movie length 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Not this series I understand, I believe it is being released later on.. When I don't know
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Dizzle said:

Not this series I understand, I believe it is being released later on.. When I don't know
    Ok maybe not movie length. I heard it was a longer Ep at the least. Looking at the upcoming episode on my sky planner, it looks like it will be an Hour and 20 rather than 58 mins or so. Not that much longer, but extra time nonetheless 
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Dizzle said:

Ok maybe not movie length. I heard it was a longer Ep at the least. Looking at the upcoming episode on my sky planner, it looks like it will be an Hour and 20 rather than 58 mins or so. Not that much longer, but extra time nonetheless 
    Fair enough, I did hear they were producing a film to finish it.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    I think Tommy’s new found son will use his skills and take a gun off Michael, when he nets up with Tommy.
  • Options
    That was brilliant … so many avenues for the film and planned tv spin-offs