Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peaky Blinders

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Everything up to the showdown with the Italian worked, then they seemed to rush it. In 20 mins;

- we learn Tommy has done a deal with Al Capone
    - Arthur Returns from the dead
    - the main villain is killed
    - Tommy goes on holiday
    - Tommy kills Tom Hardy
    - Tommy suffers from severe Post-traumatic stress turning him to drink
    - Tommy does a deal with the government to grass on the communists
    - Tommy shags the communist bird
    - Tommy becomes an MP

Surely some of this could have been saved for the next series ?
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

That had some great scenes, moments and twists but it could have been paced better. Alfie in Margate deserved longer I think, plus also could have worked better as the ending.

Alfie wasn’t anywhere near Margare with those sand dunes behind him, the beach at Margate is a flat as a peaky blinders cap.
  • Options
    I fudging loved it
  • Options
    Great series, fantastic acting and great script best thing on tv by a mile
  • Options
    garfield said:

Apart from Dectorists which was equally brilliant but in a totally different way.
  • Options
    I

garfield said:

Apart from Dectorists which was equally brilliant but in a totally different way.
    Definitely the two best things on tv.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

It would appear from the script they are setting up for another series.

Agreed, the 'back-drop' story of the General Strike may well be the focus for the next series.
    Looks like it will be centred around the General Strike.
  • Options
    Loved Laura Marling’s version of ‘A Hard Rains Gonna Fall’.
  • Options
    Enjoyed it all but did think the PTSD montage seemed slightly out of place, it could have happened earlier in the series when he believed everything was sorted with the authorities. Going to miss Alfie though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedPanda said:

That had some great scenes, moments and twists but it could have been paced better. Alfie in Margate deserved longer I think, plus also could have worked better as the ending.

Alfie wasn’t anywhere near Margare with those sand dunes behind him, the beach at Margate is a flat as a peaky blinders cap.
    I remarked on that too. No sand dunes anywhere near Margate. A great series though far too short.
  • Options
    Gutted Alfie Solomons is dead...Spin off show showing his origins would be decent.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

I remarked on that too. No sand dunes anywhere near Margate. A great series though far too short.
    Thought that too. It's Formby Beach, Merseyside.
  • Options
    Arthur living was hollywood tripe, series 1-3 were some of the best tv ever. Series 4 was poor and im worried 5 will be even worse, once the story lines start getting silly theres no way back.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Arthur living was hollywood tripe, series 1-3 were some of the best tv ever. Series 4 was poor and im worried 5 will be even worse, once the story lines start getting silly theres no way back.

I'm not sure that series 4 was poor, but the plot twist that Tommy knows all along is becoming a bit tired now. Twice in one series (at least) they played that one - first when you thought Polly had double crossed Tommy and then when you thought Arthur was dead, both times low and behold Tommy had orchestrated the whole thing to confound his enemies.
  • Options
    I thought this was the best series yet, though that was a lot to do with Brody and the other Italians. I do agree that last night's episode seemed rushed from the boxing match onwards.

I'm hoping the next series isn't too far fetched with Tommy's connections to Churchill etc, and sticks with the 'gangland crime' stories. I thought the story line with the Russians in series 3 was a bit unbelievable and is what made that series so poor.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Can anyone suggest the best way I can go about viewing the whole series from the very first episode of series one until now.
  • Options

Can anyone suggest the best way I can go about viewing the whole series from the very first episode of series one until now.

Netflix for 1-3 then iplayer for s4
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Netflix for 1-3 then iplayer for s4
    Thanks.....come The New Year I’ll follow this up.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I thought this was the best series yet, though that was a lot to do with Brody and the other Italians. I do agree that last night's episode seemed rushed from the boxing match onwards.

I'm hoping the next series isn't too far fetched with Tommy's connections to Churchill etc, and sticks with the 'gangland crime' stories. I thought the story line with the Russians in series 3 was a bit unbelievable and is what made that series so poor.

I have to agree this series was far better than the previous one. I thought last night's episode was excellent and beautifully shot - my only issue is it tried to pack too much in.

A lot of it is unbelievable but this is TV and it does have a lot of interesting and cultural references.

Just happy that Arthur didn't die - one of my favourite characters of all time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Write a letter to Santa for a box set. It's not too late.
  • Options
    DOE-T FUCKIN MESS WIV DER PEEEKI BLINDASS
  • Options
    I thought it was a great final episode and series.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Shame about the Arthur crap coming back to life as now won't believe anything I see and I wasn't shocked to see him return which shows the way I think series is going. They should of just involved the audience in the plan.

But overall an excellent series and hope they don't over do the twists too much in series 5 which should probably be the last.
  • Options
    watched it today on iplayer, the Arthur coming back wasn't a massive surprise, them not really being there until the actual burning of the caravan kind of gave it away.
  • Options

Shame about the Arthur crap coming back to life as now won't believe anything I see and I wasn't shocked to see him return which shows the way I think series is going. They should of just involved the audience in the plan.

But overall an excellent series and hope they don't over do the twists too much in series 5 which should probably be the last.

I didn’t expect him to be alive so worked for me.
  • Options
    feel a lot was packed into one episode, i think they've confirmed that series 5 will be the last so will Tommy run out of lives?, also see its not going to be airing until 2019.
  • Options

feel a lot was packed into one episode, i think they've confirmed that series 5 will be the last so will Tommy run out of lives?, also see its not going to be airing until 2019.

Probably because Cillian Murphy has a full film schedule so difficult to fit it in.
  • Options

RedPanda said:

Thought that too. It's Formby Beach, Merseyside.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/showbiz-news/dramatic-peaky-blinders-finale-filmed-14065358
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Totally agree. Presume it will be political but perhaps the mentioning of Al Capone wasn't random?