Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

End of cheap petrol/diesel ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    they're paying about half that in the US, it's not the price of a litre of petrol that's outrageous, it's the level of taxation added before we get to buy it.
  • Options

they're paying about half that in the US, it's not the price of a litre of petrol that's outrageous, it's the level of taxation added before we get to buy it.

Exactly the point.

Back in 2008 I filled up just before leaving for Saudi, cost me over a ton. Next time I filled up was in Riyadh. Cost less than a fiver. Of course it's subsidised there so no real relevance other than how governments view the revenue raising opportunity.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

Back in 2008 I filled up just before leaving for Saudi, cost me over a ton. Next time I filled up was in Riyadh. Cost less than a fiver.
    You did that whole journey on one tank ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

rikofold said:

Back in 2008 I filled up just before leaving for Saudi, cost me over a ton. Next time I filled up was in Riyadh. Cost less than a fiver.
    You did that whole journey on one tank ?
    It's downhill.
  • Options
    Until an announcement today about a 6000% price increase, Venezuelans paid 0.7p per litre.

• Options
    Currently paying around 55 pence a litre here.
    What has amazed me is the very negative global equity market response to low oil prices. As pointed out, it should be a big positive to the bottom line of most businesses, but people only seem to be able to focus on the negatives of most situations these days.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

What has amazed me is the very negative global equity market response to low oil prices. As pointed out, it should be a big positive to the bottom line of most businesses, but people only seem to be able to focus on the negatives of most situations these days.

Banks have lent a lot of money to oil & commodity traders so they're screwed; oil producers buy a lot of arms and property so the sellers of those are screwed; oil & commodity producers spend a lot of money so those sellers are screwed; profits from all those companies make their way to investors/ pension funds as dividends so they're screwed etc etc etc, George Osborne relies on tax income in his calculations so that's screwed and if they are all screwed then there's a knock on effect and so is everybody else...simple
  • Options
    You'll all be driving electric in 10-15 years anyway, suck it up for now
  • Options
    Will need more oil to power the extra electricity power stations to charge those electric cars !!
  • Options

Until an announcement today about a 6000% price increase, Venezuelans paid 0.7p per litre.

Yeah, not that many of them could afford a car to put it in.

Polar Beer (good name!) is really, really cheap too. It's a shame the brewers have run out of the ingredients to make it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Qe have been able to pass on savings to clients with the prices going down, it's probably helped us secure work due to being honest and passing the saving on, I just hope it's not going to go up by a silly amount too quickly so we don't have to go back in with a noticeable increase without the clients reacting negatively

When I was in the US last year to be able to fill up for just a 30 dollars was unreal, sickens me to think how much people could save not just at the pump but on products if the haulage prices could come down