Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robot Wars returns

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2016
    On now......

BBC 2.
  • Options
    Oh dear, I used to love it. That was bad......
  • Options
    I thought the new design robot with the spiny round weapon was pretty impressive when it was working.

Not dara o'brian's best format.
  • Options
    I thought it was brilliant - a bit slicker than before. And wow, Angela Scanlon...yum,yum.
  • Options
    They've tried to make it more like a documentary as well as entertainment, I personally don't care about the behind the scenes stuff, and Craig Charles was a much better host. I also think the arena itself isn't as good, and the fact that there is only one house robot, and they don't feature much, is a shame.
  • Options
    I enjoyed that
  • Options
    Agree with sam3110 in that Craig Charles was a better host.
    Hope they move it to 3.00pm on Saturdays-will give me something to do!
  • Options
    I thought that was quality. The spinning bastard was lethal
  • Options
    Is it just like the old days where a wedge shape robot will win by flipping the others on their back?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Gemini the 2 for 1 robot always seemed unfair.

It was pretty rubbish so clearly no advantage
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Is it just like the old days where a wedge shape robot will win by flipping the others on their back?

I never really watched it first time round but the best robot was one with a spinning thing on the front that just fucked everything up
  • Options
    Even for a Sunday that was awful, has not aged well at all... Could at least have some modern tech being used
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Even for a Sunday that was awful, has not aged well at all... Could at least have some modern tech being used

Like some drone missiles?
  • Options
    Given the advancement of robots and AI there should have been some flying robots or robots with laser beams and stuff on them, instead we got a toned down robot wars, that paled in comparison to the original
  • Options
    I thought it was a homegrown Breaking Bad.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Given the advancement of robots and AI there should have been some flying robots or robots with laser beams and stuff on them, instead we got a toned down robot wars, that paled in comparison to the original

• Options
    shine166 said:

Even the judges used pen and paper for their marks.
    Did you not know that this series was actually filmed in 2000 and only just broadcast?
  • Options
    Advances in AI? Presumably these robots are now being built by NASA and not in sheds by blokes with questionable facial hair?

Unless the fights all look something like this then what is the point of tuning in?

• Options
    Prepared the former version but it was still fun.
  • Options
    edited June 2017