Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Tue 23 Feb | 7:45pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    We're going to be relegated so the result is pretty meaningless.

Proud Preston 4, once proud Charlton 1.
  • Options
    If Preston score early it will be a horror show. Possibly Hull mk II. If they don't score early a standard 3-0 defeat.
  • Options
    Prediction
    Preston North End 12-1 Charlton Athletic

Starting team

---------Hendo
    Solly-Teixeira-Lennon-Fox
    JBG--Poyet---Ba--Bergdich
    ------Lookman
    ----------Sanogoals

Subs
    Pope
    Motta
    Young
    Fanni
    Harriott
    Makienok
    Ghoochannejhad
  • Options

2-0 Preston, Garner (29), Johnson (87)

2-0 Preston, Garner (28), Johnson (88)
  • Options
    So very tragic..really don't care.
  • Options
    Preston ? Charlton 0
  • Options
    I'm trying desperately to find the enthusiasm to do the match thread tonight, the last few weeks have not been easy for any of us. 2-1 defeat at best. If able there will be the match thread from 6.45.

However I'm out this coming Saturday with Mrs RM and guests, so I will not be able to complete the match thread against Reading.
  • Options
    3-0 Preston. We play magnificent football until the dreaded 44th minute then implode ( as usual ).
  • Options
    We will sit in front of the TV tonight and the dreaded words will come "goal at Deepdale".

You know we are one down without even listening, you also know that we cannot recover from going behind.

Let's just hope it doesn't happen too early - that way we can keep the score between 3 and 6.
  • Options
    Surprise 2-1 win tonight. Lookman with both
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IF we can get the first goal I reckon another Rotherham away - well I've got to be optimistic as I'll freezing me whatsits off tonight watching it.
  • Options
    The lads have got to show something at some point surely
  • Options
    No optimism for me tonight after the way we capitulated second half at Fulham, Preston are playing well, so I expect them to win comfortably if they score first. We have to score first, as once we go behind and start chasing the game, we're left horribly exposed at the back
  • Options
    Don't forget, SSN usually show championship goals as they happen, will miss this next season in Div 1
  • Options
    Ah this thread reminds me! I must pull the sofa from the wall! No where else to hide behind :(
  • Options

The lads have got to show something at some point surely

Yeah the day we get relegated we'll then go on to win our final five matches 5-0
  • Options
    They arent that good. We're considerably worse. 2-0
  • Options
    Just marking time until its official. Am hoping for a glimmer of hope but expect capitulation.
    The season has been a shambles from the beginning and neither the owner, the management or the squad are good enough. Makes you cry
  • Options
    100 odd fans. the rest is irrelevant
  • Options
    Come on Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

100 odd fans. the rest is irrelevant

Bit rude calling lancashire lad, odd (even if the rest of us might think it)
  • Options
    boggzy ........get in your car mate and go. If your luck is like mine, if you don't go you are sure to miss something good like a win........I've changed my mind, stay where you are.
  • Options
    I don't think Riga will do this, and I take FA's point about maintaining a stable back five, but I think we need fresh blood and my team for tonight would be:
    Hendo
    Motta Tex Lennon Young
    Ba Cousins
    Harriot JBG Lookie
    Mak

The three behind Mak would be encouraged to tuck in and interchange, and the fullbacks would be charged with getting forward and creating the width. If Cousins isn't fit, I'd put Poyet in there as extra protection for the back four.
  • Options

I see from our Website in the PRESTON Away ground review, that in 1975 we beat Preston to get promotion and that the goal scorers were Goldthorpe . Hales and a spot kick from Bob Curtis !!!
    They can't get anything right these days .......... .

Curtis missed his Pen, and Killer got two...
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

I see from our Website in the PRESTON Away ground review, that in 1975 we beat Preston to get promotion and that the goal scorers were Goldthorpe . Hales and a spot kick from Bob Curtis !!!
    They can't get anything right these days .......... .

Curtis missed his Pen, and Killer got two...
    What a night that was....

• Options
    Can't see anything other than another defeat as Preston are playing well. Score is irrelevant as our goal difference is so bad it doesn't matter. Lost hope and interest I am afraid the whole shooting match from owner through to useless players is rotten to the core.
  • Options
    got a funny feeling about this one.

3-0 to Preston.
  • Options
    Popped into a Preston barber's shop for a short b&S .. guess what ? .. the barber was a PNE season ticket holder .. we cheesed off the other chappies waiting for a trim by having a right good chat about all things football whilst he 'attended to me' one hair at a time it seemed like ((:>) .. his opinion ? .. PNE don't score many but have a superbly organised defence .. he reckons IF IF IF we can score early we could well come away with a result .. I told him I bet he told that to all the passing oppo fans just to get a good tip .. thing is, the prospect of us scoring early and hanging on to a lead are as remote as Dianne Abbot or Jo Brand becoming Miss Great Britain

but seriously .. Who knows if the Charlton v Rotherham or that v Hull/Huddersfield will turn up ..
  • Options

Popped into a Preston barber's shop for a short b&S .. guess what ? .. the barber was a PNE season ticket holder .. we cheesed off the other chappies waiting for a trim by having a right good chat about all things football whilst he 'attended to me' one hair at a time it seemed like ((:>) .. his opinion ? .. PNE don't score many but have a superbly organised defence .. he reckons IF IF IF we can score early we could well come away with a result .. I told him I bet he told that to all the passing oppo fans just to get a good tip .. thing is, the prospect of us scoring early and hanging on to a lead are as remote as Dianne Abbot or Jo Brand becoming Miss Great Britain

but seriously .. Who knows if the Charlton v Rotherham or that v Hull/Huddersfield will turn up ..

Depends on how you define "Great"... But then again, I can talk.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Well we couldn't break down a poor defense on Saturday, but if nothing else, were unpredictable.

Edit: I love it when footy knowledge gets you perks.