Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Official List of Brilliant Quotes From Our Beloved CEO

13»

Comments

• Options
    “I would like him to be the next Sir Alex Ferguson,” said the Belgian, who says the immediate aim is to make Charlton competitive in the Championship. “I know people are a bit worried about the instability. But our recent actions have shown a sense of decisiveness and I hope that Guy will stay for a long time.”

Press conference, approx 15 Jan 2015

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-chief-executive-katrien-meire-fans-must-accept-how-we-run-club-9981096.html
  • Options
    “Of course I can understand their frustration and they have every right to be [frustrated],” she said. “But I hope they understand the owner wants the best for Charlton. He does it his way and they need to accept that.

Press conference, approx 15 Jan 2015

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlton-chief-executive-katrien-meire-fans-must-accept-how-we-run-club-9981096.html

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Here's a couple.

About sacking Bob Peeters: a very difficult decision and we need to make sure this next appointment is the right one.

And another: I've had extreme abuse, I've had criminal offences committed against myself, and I'm disappointed about governance in sport, that none of the governing bodies contacted me and stood up for the fact that things are not allowed, that's one step too far.

And then presumably by Olly but under instruction: The club is aware of a document that has appeared on Companies House. This document is false and the club is investigating the matter as it is something we take seriously.

Finally: Everyone at Charlton Athletic Football Club is deeply disappointed that we have been relegated from the Championship.

This is not the time for excuses. We apologise for our mistakes and now need to learn from them so that we can put firm foundations in place for the future that ensure the long-term stability of the club.

We all acknowledge that this is a difficult time for the club, but I and the club’s Senior Management Team will start the rebuilding work immediately. Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship.

We would like to thank our fans for their support and continued loyalty both home and away this season, and we will communicate further plans for next season in the coming weeks and months. Our fans are integral to the success of this club and we want to work together with our supporters to make sure we move forward in our pursuit to return to the Championship.

That last one went out in April. Now, how's that communication of further plans doing so far?

• Options
    'They know I can't move a finger and I want to just sit here and be quiet just in case they suspect me. They're probably watching me. Well, let them. Let them see what kind of a person I am. I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching... they'll see. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, "Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly..." '.
  • Options

Any way we can trim this down to an encyclopaedic list of exact, verbatim quotes? Jokes and rough approximations sort of detract from the value/impact.

It would be amazing to have a detailed wiki of her total bullshit, with dates etc, maybe even a source/link for each one. Maybe they can be put in the article at the top by the OP?

The one's which are quoted in italics from the Belgian magazine L'Echo (28th Sept. 2015 * not the 23rd as I have put previously) are of course translations but they are considered to be accurate translations.

The most infamous one from that article: "Le passé glorieux de ce club? Je m’en fous"

is generously and loosely translated as 'The past history of the club? I don't care'

but some commentators with a better knowledge of colloquial French have suggested it could be translated with the sense of: I don't bloody care --- even I don't F*****g care.

The comment in L'Echo was prefixed with the words "I know I shouldn't say this but......................................."

Which means that Meire knew she was doing wrong but choose to go ahead anyway perhaps in the belief that the article would not be read in England

Even the generous (to her) translation is something that of course we don't want to hear from someone with so much control over the administration of the club and despite months (in Belgium) of trying to get her to apologise for that particular comment she resolutely refuses to do so.

It does remain however one of few things she has been unable to erase from the internet: | L'Echo. www.lecho.be/.../Cette_Belge_qui_aime_le_foot_dirige_un_club_a..............28th Sept. 2015

Google search on L'Echo interview with Katrien Meire will find it and then Google translate.

It would be useful to know what else she may have said in Belgium which hasn't yet come to light.

• Options
    3blokes said:

Yes good idea if I get time today I will pull out all the actual quotes on here and put them on one detailed thread.

Not enough hours left in the day mate.
  • Options
    I sort of miss her gaffes since she took a vow of silence.
  • Options
    Is it in yet Roland.
  • Options
    Well reading this thread clean through has certainly reminded me that, 1) we're fucked and 2) she really is a cretin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2016

Agree 100%. Squirrel face puts her size 15's in it without even trying.

We should start a campaign, "ungag the squirrel"!
  • Options

You mean, RD really said " Get thee to a nunnery" ?

And, being the Judy to his Punch, she went ?

• Options
    edited September 2016

You mean, RD really said " Get thee to a nunnery" ?

And, being the Judy to his Punch, she went ?

Now if she was Judy to NLA's punch she wouldn't be fit to go anywhere other than the QE to have her nose straightened out :wink:

Edit; not that I would ever advocate violence towards the opposite sex.