Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricardo Vaz Te, latest to speak out.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Not too many Curbs or Powell signings could be accused of a lack of commitment. I imagine that was down to them researching a player's character before signing him. But there's nothing wrong with our scouting or player recruitment, is there Katrien?
  • Options
    It's OK Ricardo, you weren't that great anyway so don't feel too guilty. Would have been nice to see you last a full 90 mins but beggars can't be chosers eh!
  • Options
    I think he's got a liberty really, I don't think he ever broke sweat did he??
    Shame though as I was (stupidly ) quite excited when he signed. Jog on pal.....you were definitely nicking a living off us!!!
  • Options
    The notion that "no one has ever questioned his commitment before" is nonsense. I'm pretty sure my sentiment when he came in was "good signing if he fancies it." There were definitely questions about his attitude at Bolton and West Ham.

Noteworthy that he seems to say "UNLIKE TONY WATT, my attitude wasn't in question."

As for the Ceballos thing, it could be that he wasn't fit enough to train with the first team, and Riga wanted him playing more U21 games. He came back from three months out, with who knows what kind of pre-season, and got thrown in to the team after 45 minutes in the reserves. He definitely has some ability, it'd be startling to think that something, other than injury/fitness, is so wrong with him that he can't get near a team lack creativity, pace, and flair.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I think Riga got it right.He showed no commitment.

Agree completely. Started ok in the first 1-2-3 games then got slower and slower. The exit of Watt, Vaz Te and Parzyszek was actually quite a positive statement of intent and only - possibly - unfair on the last of this trio.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

The notion that "no one has ever questioned his commitment before" is nonsense. I'm pretty sure my sentiment when he came in was "good signing if he fancies it." There were definitely questions about his attitude at Bolton and West Ham.

Noteworthy that he seems to say "UNLIKE TONY WATT, my attitude wasn't in question."

As for the Ceballos thing, it could be that he wasn't fit enough to train with the first team, and Riga wanted him playing more U21 games. He came back from three months out, with who knows what kind of pre-season, and got thrown in to the team after 45 minutes in the reserves. He definitely has some ability, it'd be startling to think that something, other than injury/fitness, is so wrong with him that he can't get near a team lack creativity, pace, and flair.

He said: “My commitment cannot be questioned, so that’s why I can never be mentioned in the same sentence as Tony [Watt].

Incredible statement.
  • Options
    I was really excited when we first signed him, when i saw him on the pitch i realised how wrong i was, what a let down.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Interesting comment about Watt

Cebellos was injured and still not played a game for under 21 so presume still not fit

Apologist.
  • Options
    You forgot to mention that you were total pony fella and that you really didn't give a donkey's carrot about the club!!! Still, fair play to you for putting in those sort of non-performances and still having the cahooners to collect your wage. Absolute rubbish; endorsed by the fact that Turkey came calling!
  • Options
    wasn't as good as Watt nor did he put in any effort
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Turned down Barcelona for Charlton out the goodness of his heart.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

He said: “My commitment cannot be questioned, so that’s why I can never be mentioned in the same sentence as Tony [Watt].

Incredible statement.
    Hardly incredible, no-one could find the commitment to question it....
  • Options
    One lazy player.
  • Options
    Dog shit of a player for us so bye bye you were shit
  • Options
    As I said a few weeks ago, when my grandson and me went into the dressing room before the Hull game, I could see he didn't want to be there, so if I can sum him up in 30 seconds, I'm sure it was an easy decision for Riga!
  • Options
    I think he makes some good points. Just shows what a mess our club is. He had a reasonable pedigree so I don't understand why Riga didn't give him more of a chance. Probably influence from the owner.
  • Options
    Jesus wept if he actually thinks we're going to believe that "no one has questioned his commitment,". His work rate reminded me a bit of Ricardo Fullers, difference being Ricardos body was shot to pieces and he'd safe his energy to actually produce the goods. Vaz Te fitness seemed to get worse the longer he was here for.
  • Options
    Rob said:

I think he makes some good points. Just shows what a mess our club is. He had a reasonable pedigree so I don't understand why Riga didn't give him more of a chance. Probably influence from the owner.

Or perhaps Jason Euell and/or other coaching staff already at the club.
  • Options

Rob said:

Or perhaps Jason Euell and/or other coaching staff already at the club.
    Could also be that Jose had watched tapes of previous games before he officially took over and seen that there wasn't an ounce of effort from Vas Te.....
  • Options
    I saw more commitment from Ajdarevic and he was on 40 B&H a day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another bitter ex...I like people that speak out against the regime in some way though, even if he was sh*t
  • Options
    Vaz Te is exactly the kind of player Tony watt will end up becoming.
  • Options
    Experienced Championship player though...
  • Options

Maybe "we want players who are committed" is a polite way of saying "you're shit, we can do better", eh, ricardo?

Sadly, we obviously can't!

Not sure I saw Vaz Te break sweat for us. More effort in that interview than anything he did on the pitch. He certainly isn't alone though. There have been games where a number of this team have clicked & shown they can play. The damning indictment on just about all of them is that they couldn't do that for anything more than a handful of games. If that!
  • Options
    Robbed a living in football on the back of four goals in a week or two years ago for the mighty Barnsley.
  • Options
    Got a feeling Riga was forced to do this possibly told that to get any new players in he needs to pick some players to go balance the books.

Weird though we get rid of half fit vas te when we already knew watt was going back out and sign Sanogo a player who has a terrible rep for his lack of commitment and effort although this is his last chance to prove he has a future at Arsenal.