Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket T20 World Cup 2016

Comments

• Options
    How often can you change your captain and does this use a transfer? Can't find it in their rulings
  • Options
    I'm in... please post the league details when set up!
  • Options
    Is there a good site which shows games and start times? Presumably they are on TV
  • Options
    redman said:

Is there a good site which shows games and start times? Presumably they are on TV

Espncricinfo.com is a decent site. The fixtures are here http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-world-twenty20-2016/content/series/901359.html?template=fixtures

If you've got Sky, the schedule is here: http://www.skysports.com/watch/cricket-on-sky
  • Options
    Joined too
  • Options

How often can you change your captain and does this use a transfer? Can't find it in their rulings

I believe you can change your captain before every game.
  • Options
    have joined,

Can we only see who else is in the league once it is up and running ?
  • Options
    Andre Russell has missed his third drug test in a year putting his T20 place in doubt.
  • Options

Andre Russell has missed his third drug test in a year putting his T20 place in doubt.

Oh dear - that is shocking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

have joined,

Can we only see who else is in the league once it is up and running ?

I've joined too and that must be the case.
  • Options
    SA vs Aus tonight
  • Options
    Looks like we're in for an interesting finish
  • Options
    What a crap website !....

anyway, i'm in...

got a bit confused, so my team is called Charlton Life !

ABDV
    Santner
    Root
    Buttler
    Stokes
    Khawaja
    Ronchi
    Morris
    Tahir
    Coulter-Nile
    Ashwin
  • Options
    Mine is:

Root
    Williamson
    Smith
    Kohli (c)
    De kock
    Marsh
    Sunny
    Hazelwood
    Amir
    Irfan
    Southee

I'm going for the fingers crossed approach
  • Options
    The site wouldn't let me have Addick Addict - something to do with the words "dick" and "addict" I believe! So I'm Third Man Both Ends instead.

Anyway, unless I'm missing something (and that wouldn't be unusual), surely there isn't any point having any players from the second phase games (i.e. the big eight countries) in your initial side?

There are 12 first phase matches featuring those six teams seeking to secure the two places for the second phase of ten teams so only players from Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Hong Kong etc etc will count.

Apologies if I've got this wrong or to those who knew this already and wanted to steal a march. But, if I'm going to win this thing, I want it to be a challenge and not simply a walkover ;-)
  • Options
    yes, i did wonder this too, and did wonder why the Zim players seemed to be in a high percentage of choices.
    Unlimited subs? - if no, then a new team methinks!
  • Options
    When can I make team changes?
    There are no restrictions on the number of transfers you can make until the start of the first game of the ICC World T20, which begins on 8th March 2016 at 15:00 IST. Transfers are accounted for only after the start of the 1st match of the World T20. All transfers must be made before the first ball is delivered for a particular match. Transfers made after the deadline will be applicable only for the next match. You can make up to 74 transfers during World T20 – 24 during Phase 1, 20 during Phase 2, 20 during Phase 3 and 10 during Phase 4.

From the website. Looks like it's worth having a phase 1 team, plus a few changes, then can make a complete change for phase 2. Better get researching those Hong Kong and Oman players!
  • Options
    Haha! I was keeping that quiet. As you have said it, the first 15 games are like a qualifier for the main event. So to get early points your team should have players from Scotland, Zimbabwe, Afghanistian Holland etc etc...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well spotted. Back to the drawing board! My team (Out of the park) incidentally had been
    Root
    Buttler
    Guptill
    Smith
    Kohli (C)
    Nevill (W)
    Rashid
    Jadeja
    Rabada
    Thompson
    Boult
  • Options

Well spotted. Back to the drawing board! My team (Out of the park) incidentally had been
    Root
    Buttler
    Guptill
    Smith
    Kohli (C)
    Nevill (W)
    Rashid
    Jadeja
    Rabada
    Thompson
    Boult

Ha ! - i knew someone would go for Rashid since AA has been bigging him up !
  • Options

Root
    Buttler
    Guptill
    Smith
    Kohli (C)
    Nevill (W)
    Rashid
    Jadeja
    Rabada
    Thompson
    Boult

He'd be a good loss leader if you also picked all the batsmen playing against him
  • Options

Root
    Buttler
    Guptill
    Smith
    Kohli (C)
    Nevill (W)
    Rashid
    Jadeja
    Rabada
    Thompson
    Boult

I actually think he could do quite well after his Big Bash efforts!

Bowlers can score a lot of points if they take wickets, and only go negative if they go at over 8.5 an over, it'll be a tricky choice as to how many bowlers to play
  • Options

The site wouldn't let me have Addick Addict - something to do with the words "dick" and "addict" I believe! So I'm Third Man Both Ends instead.

Anyway, unless I'm missing something (and that wouldn't be unusual), surely there isn't any point having any players from the second phase games (i.e. the big eight countries) in your initial side?

There are 12 first phase matches featuring those six teams seeking to secure the two places for the second phase of ten teams so only players from Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Hong Kong etc etc will count.

Apologies if I've got this wrong or to those who knew this already and wanted to steal a march. But, if I'm going to win this thing, I want it to be a challenge and not simply a walkover ;-)

Shhhhhhhh !!!!

Was gonna post similar but then thought nah ...
  • Options
    Not in the World Cup i know, but, if you get a chance, watch Rabada's catch to get rid of Steve Smith in todays warm-up SA v Aus at Wanderers - simply astonishing !
  • Options
    OK, new team created full of players I've never heard of !
  • Options

As long as it doesn't take as long as the other cricket world cup or have anything like the same convoluted structure.

35 games in 28 days - the 2018 football World Cup will have 57 by comparison
    that's more like it. Doesn't the limited over World Cup take something like six weeks?
  • Options
    There is a really good article on the back of Saturday's Guardian's sports section It's about a Bangladeshi bowler called Mustafizur Rahman who I'd never heard of but he sounds a bit special.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Anyone know if Narine is playing for Windies ?
    EDIT: YES