Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cricket T20 World Cup 2016

Comments

• Options
    The crowd are silent !!!! Dont you love it.
  • Options

The crowd are silent !!!! Dont you love it.

When do they start chucking beach balls on?
  • Options
    Imagine coming back from the shipping forecast if you were following the game!
  • Options
    8 needed from last over - Super Over anyone ?
  • Options
    Kohli to bowl it....
  • Options
    3 off 3 !!
  • Options
    YES YES YES !!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    West Indies it is! Total silence in the stands as the fireworks go off. Lol
  • Options
    What a game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just wanna point out I lol'd the 'game over' posts when WI had like 50-2 :D
  • Options
    If Windies beat us on Sunday, then Afghanistan can say they beat the World Champs in the same tournament.
  • Options
    Oh my god I lost radio signal as they picked Kohli for the last over and it's just come back on. Teach me for smarting over the shipping forecast crew!
  • Options
    Must admit, didnt think Windies had a chance.
  • Options
    Awesome performance from the West Indies to chase that score down but I still back us to beat them in the Final with us ideally batting second.

The only downside being Gayle is now probably due another score.
  • Options
    Should be a great final, their batting lineup looks really dangerous, but I don't think they're bowling is as good
  • Options

If Windies beat us on Sunday, then Afghanistan can say they beat the World Champs in the same tournament.

If we beat the Windies, they can say they beat the World Champs in the same tournament. But I don't think they'll bother saying that in the circumstances!
  • Options
    WI bowling is very good for T20. Bravo is a master, Badree too. Russell is improved, Benn handy. Brathwaite can go for plenty. I'd suggest England need to target all of them though
  • Options
    I enjoy seeing India get beaten in their own backyard. Almost as much as seeing the Aussies get beaten in theirs.
    Indian cricket fans talk down to the rest of the world about the game as if none of us are fit to lace their boots. They're very big on claiming to be purists and loving the game for what it is, but there'll be a bloody large number of Indians who won't bother watching the final now.
  • Options

Awesome performance from the West Indies to chase that score down but I still back us to beat them in the Final with us ideally batting second.

As i said earlier on this thread, you get 'Gayled' maybe once in every 6 innings - to have it happen twice in a row is downright unlucky and unlikely to happen. England will bowl differently to him than last time - they will have learnt their lesson and bowl more outside outside off, and not in his hitting arc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I enjoy seeing India get beaten in their own backyard. Almost as much as seeing the Aussies get beaten in theirs.
    Indian cricket fans talk down to the rest of the world about the game as if none of us are fit to lace their boots. They're very big on claiming to be purists and loving the game for what it is, but there'll be a bloody large number of Indians who won't bother watching the final now.

This.
    You know what bugs me the most re Indian cricket and their fans is their arrogant refusal of DRS - when anyone with any grey matter knows it is better for the game - i think when they came over here they had 2 people given out lbw off inside edges in the first test - did i larf !!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Chizz said:

If we beat the Windies, they can say they beat the World Champs in the same tournament. But I don't think they'll bother saying that in the circumstances!
    Yes but we can say that we only lost once in the tournament and they lost twice. Plus we could say that, in hindsight, the first game between the two sides was nothing more than a warm up because we got through despite losing to them ;-)
  • Options

As i said earlier on this thread, you get 'Gayled' maybe once in every 6 innings - to have it happen twice in a row is downright unlucky and unlikely to happen. England will bowl differently to him than last time - they will have learnt their lesson and bowl more outside outside off, and not in his hitting arc.
    Yep I actually had your 'Gayled' comments in mind when I wrote that but since then the West Indies have played 5 more games, think Gayle only 3 of them? My point is since we played he's not scored many other runs so he may be 'due' another score but I agree we won't bowl that badly again to him in the Final and would be happy if we can get him out for anything less than 40.
  • Options
    Athers makes a good point - only 2 no-balls were given - which were both replays on catches - so, how many others were missed/not given by the umpires ?!
  • Options
    Andre Russell has really come on leaps and boundaries.
  • Options
    Not that it matters, but it's typical that the MoM goes to someone on the winning side instead of the best performer Kohli, who almost won the match single handed for India! Indeed, he must have sore shoulders from having to carry the whole team...
  • Options

Athers makes a good point - only 2 no-balls were given - which were both replays on catches - so, how many others were missed/not given by the umpires ?!

A lot more. They push it do India, Bumrah's action itself is a shade questionable at times. Didn't fancy India for the tourn as much as others, they got lucky too many times and theres only so many times a batsman can bail you out. W.Indies chased that down essentially without Gayle, had he got going they'd of done it with 5 to spare, shows the power of their batting.

Sunday will be interesting!
  • Options

A lot more. They push it do India, Bumrah's action itself is a shade questionable at times. Didn't fancy India for the tourn as much as others, they got lucky too many times and theres only so many times a batsman can bail you out. W.Indies chased that down essentially without Gayle, had he got going they'd of done it with 5 to spare, shows the power of their batting.

We're out for revenge…
  • Options
    I can never understand why bowlers have to cut it so fine when bowling. Surely they can be consistently 6 inches back. Cost the Indians quite a lot maybe the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Wonder what might have happened if Kohli hadnt touched the rope when he 'caught' Simmons? zero and out instead of 6 runs. Fine lines.