Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Reading

13»

Comments

• Options
    Henderson - 6 Made one or two good saves but would like to see him command his box better. Distribution is slow.
    Motta - 6 Some good, some bad. There was a spell in the first half when he kept slicing his passes into touch.
    Teixeira - 7 I like this guy although I felt that he didn't really know where he should have been some of the time with the three centre halves.
    Diarra - 6 Thought he made a big difference and has quality. Unfortunately he is not fit enough to last 90 min and was making a lot of errors towards the end.
    Johnson - 2 The two points are just for turning up.. enough said!
    Fanni - 4 Some ok moments amongst lots of bad
    Ba - 3 Didn't realise he was on the pitch until the 25th minute. That says it all! Very poor throughout.
    Suk-Young - 7 Brought some solidity to the team.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6 Attacking centre is his best position. I do feel that he should have supported Mak better who was winning most balls in the air with no one within 1gm of him.
    Makienok - 7 Won most things in the air but was not supported but his team mates!
    Sanogo - 9 Seemed like it all came right for him today. If he can do that consistently he will be some player.
    Bergdich - 7 I thought he made a difference with his pace but end product could be a lot better.

Harriott n/a - Should have come on sooner IMHO
    Reza n/a - What's the point!
  • Options
    Henderson 6.5
    Motta 7
    Teixiera 6.5
    Diarra 6.5
    Johnson 5
    Fanni 6
    Ba 5
    Sun-young 7
    Gudmunddson 6.5
    Makienok 7
    Sanogo 9.5
    Bergdich 6
  • Options
    Henderson. 6
    Motta 7
    Tex 6
    Diarra 5.5
    Johnson 2 - woeful
    Fanni 5.5
    Ba 6
    Suk-Young 7.5
    Berg Gudmunnson 8 - back to the JBG we're used to
    Mak 8
    Sanogo 9
    Bergdich 6.5
  • Options
    Henderson - 6
    Motta - 6
    Teixeira - 6
    Diarra - 6
    Johnson - 3
    Fanni - 6
    Ba - 3
    Suk-Young - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Makienok - 8
    Sanogo - 8.5
    Bergdich - 6.5
  • Options
    Henderson - 5
    Motta - 6
    Teixeira - 5
    Diarra - 6
    Johnson - 4
    Fanni - 5
    Ba - 5
    Suk-Young - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Makienok - 6
    Sanogo - 9
    Bergdich - 6
  • Options
    Henderson - 6
    Motta - 6
    Teixeira -3
    Diarra - 5
    Johnson - 2
    Fanni - 3
    Ba - 4
    Suk-Young - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Makienok - 6
    Sanogo - 9
    Bergdich - 5
  • Options
    Henderson - 6 Seen him play a lot better, distribution very slow.
    Motta - 7 Good assist for our 1st goal, like him.
    Teixeira - 6 Not impressed nearly 30 and 4 year plus contract, must be a mate of Riga!
    Diarra - 7 Showed class, but will he want to be with us in League 1?
    Johnson - 4 Free transfer and now given a new 18 month contract. Whoever set this up should be sacked!
    Fanni - 5 Didn't really notice him much, except for cock up for 3rd Reading goal.
    Ba - 3 You cannot be serious, would rather have Jacko with no legs, park footballer.
    Suk-Young - 7 Good debut, much better than Fox!
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7 Decent game but could and should have scored in the 1st half.
    Makienok - 7 Decent game, linked well with Yaya Sanogo.
    Sanogo - 9 What more can you want from a centre forward, hopefully silenced the clowns who said he would never score.
    Class loan from Arsenal, hope they don't want him back before his loan period!
    Bergdich - 6 Fair bit of pace but can't shoot and only left footed. Not up to Championship standard.

Harriott n/a Would have liked to have seen him come on earlier on the left hand side!
    Reza n/a Why not Lookman, he is a bit of a joke for me!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Henderson - 5.5 shell shocked and slowing down.
    Motta - 6 Decent going forward in the wing back role.
    Teixeira -5 struggled.
    Diarra - 5.5 seemed rusty but cares.
    Johnson -4 swore well but played rubbish.
    Fanni -4.5 tough home debut.
    Ba -5 he tries to do the right thing but fails to deliver.
    Suk-Young -6.5 a good wing back on that showing.
    Berg Gudmundsson -6.5 if only he had controlled that ball in the area.
    Makienok -6 won plenty of flick ons, but i would have started Lookman.
    Sanogo -8 good all round play with goals and lay offs.
    Bergdich -6 some good and bad but why a pass back effort when he had the goal at his mercy ? good cross for the goal.

Harriott n/a the crazy swipe at the ball at the end at least brought some LOL
    Reza n/a Failed the height test
  • Options

Henderson - 7 one great save
    Motta - 8 started the move for a goal and wanted the ball
    Teixeira - 6
    Diarra - 7
    Johnson - 5
    Fanni - 6
    Ba - 5
    Suk-Young - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6
    Makienok - 8
    Sanogo - 9
    Bergdich - 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henderson - 5
    Motta - 6
    Teixeira - 3
    Diarra - 4
    Johnson - 4
    Fanni - 3
    Ba - 4
    Suk-Young - 5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6
    Makienok - 7
    Sanogo - 7
    Bergdich - 5
  • Options

Henderson - 6
    Motta - 5
    Teixeira - 7
    Diarra - 9
    Johnson - 2
    Fanni - 7
    Ba - 2
    Suk-Young - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6
    Makienok - 3
    Sanogo - 9
    Bergdich - 6

I simply don't understand why Riga has stopped the 6'7" dude going for the ball when we are defending corners and set pieces, I accept he stopped one on the line yesterday but we have let in at least 5 goals from set pieces in the last three, perhaps the thing the lackey bugger is best at!
  • Options
    Henderson - 6: his kicking was poor but there was not much he could do about the goals. Playing in front of that defence would undermine any keeper
    Motta - 6.5: did pretty well. At the risk of verbal genocide, he has the type of nasty edge often found in Italian defenders
    Teixeira - 4: slow and pedestrian. Playing alongside Johnson can't be much fun but Teixeira's level has significantly dipped after a promising debut
    Diarra - 6: provides much needed leadership and I thought he did well, given that he's been out for two months
    Johnson - 3: atrocious. The worst defensive performance I've seen from a Charlton player since watching him and Rhys Williams together at Hull
    Fanni - 5: I wasn't sure where he was supposed to be playing
    Ba - 4: a completely perplexing player - his loss of possession leading to the third goal looked as if it had killed the game at the time
    Suk-Young - 7: a really good performance, particularly in an attacking sense. Put in one beautiful cross in the first half which Makienok just failed to reach
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7: worked hard to make things happen and was much more like the JBG of last season
    Makienok - 6.5: a dismal, uninterested first half, followed by a a much better second
    Sanogo - 8: MoM - an awkward customer, who gave a weak Reading defence a lot of trouble
    Bergdich - 6: did ok. As usual, blew hot and cold - putting in a lovely cross for our second goal one minute and then squandering a good chance the next
  • Options

Henderson - 5 not a great game one good save.
    Motta - 7 started really well but faded.
    Teixeira - 5 probably not helped having Johnson alongside him.
    Diarra - 6 first game back and it showed. Still quality.
    Johnson - 3 ridiculous display and ridiculous barnet.
    Fanni - 6 had his work cut out against John.
    Ba - 4 turns into trouble, hesitates on the ball and ito costing us.
    Suk-Young - 7 a left back with pace. Very happy for him to stay. Please.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7 that's better.
    Makienok - 7.5 played well. Won lots in air. Good understanding with yaya.
    Sanogo - 9 hatrick says it all. Reads maks flicks well.
    Bergdich - 7 nearly scored but good save. Played well.

Harriott n/a
    Reza n/a
  • Options
    Henderson -great save but poor overall 4
    Motta - 6
    Teixeira - 6
    Diarra -6
    Johnson -if he was the reason for poor defence then 4
    Fanni -6
    Ba -6
    Suk-Young - 8
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Makienok -7
    Sanogo - 8
    Bergdich - 7

Harriott n/a6
    Reza n/a4
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Henderson - 6
    Motta - 8 class act
    Jorge T - 7
    Diarra - 6 clearly not fit last 10 mins could not move but good to have him back
    Johnson - 5 seemed to blame everyone around him
    Fanni - 7 shaky start but settled well good start
    Ba - 6 done ok
    Suk-Young - 8 good to have two quality full backs what a diff it made
    Berg Gudmunnson - 7 had a big say in the game second half
    Big Simon - 9 joint MOM outstanding won everything
    Sanogo - 9 joint MOM as a pair unplayable if he had stayed on we would have won
    Bergdich - 8.5 any other game he would have got MOM but made a big big diff when he came on

Harriott n/a
    Reza n/a

colin1961 said:

Henderson - 6
    Motta - 8 class act
    Jorge T - 7
    Diarra - 6 clearly not fit last 10 mins could not move but good to have him back
    Johnson - 5 seemed to blame everyone around him
    Fanni - 7 shaky start but settled well good start
    Ba - 6 done ok
    Suk-Young - 8 good to have two quality full backs what a diff it made
    Berg Gudmunnson - 7 had a big say in the game second half
    Big Simon - 9 joint MOM outstanding won everything
    Sanogo - 9 joint MOM as a pair unplayable if he had stayed on we would have won
    Bergdich - 8.5 any other game he would have got MOM but made a big big diff when he came on

Harriott n/a
    Reza n/a

Should put Big Simon at the back when ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Henderson - 6 doesn't command the box or claim anything, but is a good shot stopper
    Motta - 7.5 impressed and has quality
    Teixeira - 6 would be much better if he didn't have to cover for some pathetic excuse next to him
    Diarra - 7.5 very calm, we have sorely missed him. Was blowing after 30 minutes, needs time. Probably have a better chance of staying up had he been fit, but maybe the damage was already done
    Johnson - 1 that's for making one decent sliding tackle and putting his shirt on the right way round. Too busy moaning at everyone else when he is the problem, if he's a footballer, Katrien's never told a lie in her life
    Fanni - 5.5 slow at times but going to need time to get up to speed again, he has quality however
    Ba - 5 some good flashes and touches of skill, but gives the ball away too much, doesn't track back well enough and offers little going forward
    Suk-Young - 7.5 like him, good with both feet, good at attacking and put in a beauty of a cross that Makienok should've scored in the first half, reminded me of Wiggins of old in a way
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7.5 creative, nearly scored a couple of times and saw a lot more of the ball in a central position, without him, we wouldn't have clicked going forward half as much
    Makienok - 8 won everything that came his way, put himself about, only thing missing was that goal he should've scored in the first half, head it Simon, don't go with your feet in that position
    Sanogo - 9.5 unplayable today, got a hat trick and saw how much he wanted it. Praying that his injury isn't too bad. Even with us being relegated, it's good to see some quality still
    Bergdich - 6.5 set up Sanogo's second and should've scored himself when through on goal, better than Ba yesterday, Bergdich has done well recently

Kermorgant - 9.5 I stood up and clapped both of his goals, sat behind his wife and son, stayed behind to clap him off and say goodbye to a player I absolutely loved watching play for us. To me he epitomises what a Charlton player should be, and one who we can only dream of having again, he loves our club, don't ever doubt that. He was quality and boy do we miss him
  • Options
    Henderson 5 doesn't seem as dependable as he once was
    Motta 6.5 decent home debut
    Teixiera 6 did well against Yann but think he'd look more comfortable in centre of back 3
    Diarra 7 big effort in first game back. understandably tired near the end
    Johnson 3 how he missed that header that led to their winner??? muust hhave closed his eyes. prefer Naby Sarr
    Fanni 6 thought he did ok
    Ba 4 as frustrating as hell. must learn to cut out the mindless errors
    Sun-young 7.5 one skewed cross aside, thought he was excellent
    Gudmunddson 7.5 much better. more interested, more involved
    Makienok 7 quiet 1st half but got stuck in after the break winning most headers
    Sanogo 9.5 very nice! Sanogoals...? Pah he's prolific
    Bergdich 6 did ok. some decent whipped in crosses
  • Options
    Henderson 4.5 - another game, another 4 goals conceded. We can't always blame the players in front of him but had that have been Nick Pope conceding all these goals week after week, there would be uproar. I'd consider starting Pope in preparation for next season.
    Motta 6 done okay first half. Clearly tired but that's to be expected.
    Teixiera 6 was okay but again part of a defence that conceded 4.
    Diarra 6 nice to have him back.
    Johnson 4 I'd rather we played a Terrell Thomas or another kid. He's woeful.
    Fanni 5 likes a tackle. Mistake led to the 3rd
    Ba 5 meh
    Sun-young 6 I was impressed. Has to start ahead of Fox from now on
    Gudmunddson 6
    Makienok 7 I have always been a fan. He brings other players into the game. He needs to be more aggressive.
    Sanogo 9.5 what more could he do? He caused them so many problems.
    Bergdich 6 done well when coming on

We need to sort out our defence. It's shockingly bad. The amount of space and time their players had in our penalty area was ridiculous.
  • Options
    Henderson - 5 he did make two good saves, but not good at organising his defence for corners or free kicks
    Motta - 5 has a good touch
    Teixeira - 5 disappointed this game.
    Diarra - 6 solid not at his best yet
    Johnson - 4 looks knackered.
    Fanni - 4 has no clue
    Ba - 4 what did he do
    Suk-Young - 4 does not defend.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Makienok - 6 won headers andgot more of them to charlton players.
    Sanogo - 9 did what you would hope, gets into the box, not skillfull but got iinto the box.
    Bergdich - 7
    Have to mark the defence low as coceeded 4 goals and again have no idea how to defend corners.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Henderson - 5
    Motta - 7.5
    Teixeira - 6
    Diarra - 6
    Johnson - 4
    Fanni - 4.5
    Ba - 4.5
    Suk-Young - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Makienok - 8
    Sanogo - 9
    Bergdich - 7
  • Options
    Henderson - 7 - Made a couple of good saves, Reading should have gone in at HT 5 up.
    Motta - 7 - Like him, tried to be creative and didn't shit himself like other full backs.
    Teixeira - 6 - Nervous, not surprising with Johnson next to him blaming him for everything.
    Diarra - 6 - Good to have him back but undersatancly not match fit
    Johnson - 2 - Utter dog shit. Fuck off Rog.
    Fanni - 6 - Nervous, not surprising with Johnson next to him blaming him for everything.
    Ba - 4 - Just not good enough on Saturday
    Suk-Young - 8 - I thought he was a threat all game.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 5 - An extravagance that we dont need right now.
    Makienok - 5 - Won a few headers, but just cannot play football, he's like some 45 year old bloke who's turned up for a pay to play charity game.
    Sanogo - 9 - All gangly arms an legs but caused problems and took his 2 1/2 goals well.
    Bergdich - 7 - I like him and I think he gives us an outlet, also can hold the ball up and does not hide, just a bit lightweight.
  • Options

Henderson - 5
    Motta - 7
    Teixeira - 7
    Diarra - 7
    Johnson - 4
    Fanni - 6
    Ba - 5
    Suk-Young - 7
    Berg Gudmunson - 7
    Makienok - 6
    Sanogo - 9
    Berdich - 7
    Harriott n/a
    Reza n/a
  • Options
    Henderson - 6
    motta - 7 - world class first 20 minutes but engine went
    fanni - 6
    Johnson - 0 joke player - a 7 stone centre half??? known as the relegator for a reason
    tex 6
    suk yung 7
    diarra 7.5
    ba - 2 - set of legs and lungs, not much else
    gud - 6
    mak 7
    sanogo 9

bergdich 7 hit and miss but one of his better days
    harriot 5
    reza 3 - too lightweight, ineffective - why??? when Lookman was on bench???
  • Options

Henderson - 5.5 shell shocked and slowing down.
    Motta - 6 Decent going forward in the wing back role.
    Teixeira -5 struggled.
    Diarra - 5.5 seemed rusty but cares.
    Johnson -4 swore well but played rubbish.
    Fanni -4.5 tough home debut.
    Ba -5 he tries to do the right thing but fails to deliver.
    Suk-Young -6.5 a good wing back on that showing.
    Berg Gudmundsson -6.5 if only he had controlled that ball in the area.
    Makienok -6 won plenty of flick ons, but i would have started Lookman.
    Sanogo -8 good all round play with goals and lay offs.
    Bergdich -6 some good and bad but why a pass back effort when he had the goal at his mercy ? good cross for the goal.

Harriott n/a the crazy swipe at the ball at the end at least brought some LOL
    Reza n/a Failed the height test

Bang in in my eyes so x2 from me.
  • Options
    Henderson - 5
    Motta - 7
    Teixeira - 5
    Diarra - 6
    Johnson - 3
    Fanni - 4
    Ba - 1
    Suk-Young - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6