Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

favourite player and manager of the RD era

My favourite player was Thuram for his highly amusing impersonation of a goalkeeper and as for manager KF is the standout - proved that with determination a lack of footballing knowledge shouldn't stop you getting a job in the Championship.

Comments

• Favourite player - invisible man Lloyd Doyley
    Favourite manager - laundry basked case Carol Fry
  • edited February 2016
    Favourite player - iTunes, a late entrant, but adding a sense of intrigue and a frisson of excitement to listening to the Charlton Live podcasts with the will it, won't it, anticipation for each instalment;
    Favourite manager - Andy McQueen CACT call centre coordinator (though, all of the CACT programmes are hugely impressive and well run), representing the only management to meet expectations.
  • favourite manager-Chris Powell
  • Macronate said:

favourite manager-Chris Powell

Ah, but surely you can only claim that the RD era only began once the dead wood were cleared out, like that Breton striker who has had absolutely no impact since leaving us...
  • edited February 2016
    Powell and Yann.

For comedy value Fraeye and Thuram

For quality Fraeye and Nego.

In hosnesty, manager wise none, player wise none.

whilst the circus is in town, it will always be car crash all the way.
  • Macronate said:

favourite manager-Chris Powell

Ah, but surely you can only claim that the RD era only began once the dead wood were cleared out, like that Breton striker who has had absolutely no impact since leaving us...
    ok then, Fraeye (underated imo, nobody gave him enough credit for just how shit he was).
  • Sponsored links:

• Piotr Parsley... Without doubt he was one class Striker, Yann did well Saturday but still fell well short of the Charlton Lewandowski when it came down to quality
  • cafctom said:

Tony Watt. And I couldn't give a toss about any of the managers, even Riga during his first spell.

Same with me with the managers, although loved Luzons passion
    Nabby Sarr , can never be a player with a name like that
  • Riga and JBG
  • Tony Watt & Chris Powell.
  • I think the rule is that they have to have been brought in during the RD era... (so that's Yann, JJ, Powell etc. out)

Player - JBG
    Manager - Riga (first spell)

For the worst player/manager the selection is much, much better - it's almost impossible to choose the player, although Carol has to take the manager spot for comedy value... 'smiley' players, laundry basket, Huddersfield abandonment - this guy!
  • I think the rule is that they have to have been brought in during the RD era... (so that's Yann, JJ, Powell etc. out)

Player - JBG
    Manager - Riga (first spell)

For the worst player/manager the selection is much, much better - it's almost impossible to choose the player, although Carol has to take the manager spot for comedy value... 'smiley' players, laundry basket, Huddersfield abandonment - this guy!

I thought you would have at least gone for Buyens over JBG! :wink: .
  • Rhys Williams under Fraeye has to be the worst.

Joe Gomez being given his debut under Peeters or if not allowed the JBG as the player.

Certainly Riga as the best Manager
  • Tony Watt & Chris Powell.

I wonder if Powell would have got the best out of Watt. We'll never know but SCP would have managed him rather than tried to get the answer out of a spread sheet.
  • Piotr P was an excellent player and showed that Powell knew nothing about football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Guy Luzon..... Least he was passionate

Ricardo Vaz Te... Least he was committed
  • Powell and Morro/Yann
  • If we can only consider people who've been brought in by The Regime, then it has to be Riga's first spell for manager. As for player, however, I couldn't give a fuck about the lot of them.
  • Can we construct a complete RD first eleven of players who only played very badly or not at all..?
  • Can we construct a complete RD first eleven of players who only played very badly or not at all..?

Thuram

Nego Onyewu Johnson Williams Sarr

McAleny Lepoint Ceballos

Tudgay Parzyszek

Sarr at left wing back would be a sight to behold!
  • ''Tony Watt & Chris Powell''

From previous comment.
    Can only dream what a great combination, Tony Watt and Yann would have been!
    Sadly something that we will never witness!
  • Powell and Kermorgant
  • Christ did tudgay actually play for us? If so I've wiped it from my memory
  • edited March 2016
    jams said:

Christ did tudgay actually play for us? If so I've wiped it from my memory

Well can't blame you for not remembering, he ran out at Bramall Lane and........................I can't recall his contribution much after that myself either :wink: