Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

favourite player and manager of the RD era

2»

Comments

• Options
    jams said:

Christ did tudgay actually play for us? If so I've wiped it from my memory

Certainly in the team at Sheffield Utd. Whether you could see he "played"...
  • Options
    Big fan of Anil Koc. Not just for the name but because of how I imagine Chris Powell's face must have looked when he asked who this kid was and they replied 'but we heard you needed a winger'. Amazing stuff.
  • Options
    jams said:
    Christ did tudgay actually play for us? If so I've wiped it from my memory

Certainly in the team at Sheffield Utd. Whether you could see he "played"...

Also believe that he came on as a very, very late sub, when Johnny Jackson
    got that marvellous winner from a corner against QPR when Chris Powell was still our manager!
  • Options
    Of the Belgian appointments, Riga is my favourite. That's not hard, though, to be honest.

Players - has to be Tony Watt. I know he was having a strop at times and not showing up, but when he did he was a genuinely exciting player.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Tony Watt/Gudmundson

None of the managers. All joke appointments
  • Options
    In a serious response mine would be Riga and Watt.
  • Options
    Fraeye for masterminding our survival under Riga.

Vaz Te for his unquestionable desire and commitment.
  • Options
    Whose my favourite player and manager during the 'Roland years' ?
    Ah, spoilt for choice there, too many too mention.
  • Options
    Favourite player - Naceri Chafik
    Manager - Wim de Corte
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tony Watt / Chris Powell
  • Options
    Karel Fraye marks the lowest point of this club since it's inception...

Thuram somehow made goalkeeping look like something you attempt only when underwater and wearing washing up gloves, with ear plugs in wearing strange sponge based plimsolls...

This once great club is a mockery of it's former self and the day that I hear Roland Duchatelet has left, is the day I will open a bottle of champagne and drink it, alone in the park, in the cold...

The ONLY questions is how much of a club will be left... and what level of rebuilding job is required.

• Options
    Riga / watt
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Weve only had about seven managers so far, and as a statistician by trade, I cant really say who is my favorite manager yet. I need at least ten managers in order to make a representative sample, so best ask me again next month!
  • Options

Favourite player - Naceri Chafik
    Manager - Wim de Corte

Wim de Corte. Precisely one day in charge. We certainly were getting better with every managerial appointment, he'd done everything he needed to on one day.

An amazing display of incompetence, even by Meire's standards.
  • Options
    Halix said:

Weve only had about seven managers so far, and as a statistician by trade, I cant really say who is my favorite manager yet. I need at least ten managers in order to make a representative sample, so best ask me again next month!

I thought you needed twenty to have a statistically relevant sample. If so, I'll get back to you at Christmas when we're floundering around the bottom of the third division (League 1 for those of you too young to remember).
  • Options
    Tony Watt and Chris Powell
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    If I could pick a team -

Henderson, Solly, Morrison, Bauer, Fox, Bulot ( Post Africa Nations Cup ), Cousins, JJ, Gudmunsson, Kermorgant, Watt. Subs Pope, Ben Haim, Diarra, Ajdarevic, Poyet ( pre Charlie Big Spuds ), Harriott, Vetokele.

Don't have to ask about the manager!