Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ebbsfleet United season ticket 2016/17

Made the decision to get a season ticket at Ebbsfleet next season and not renewed my Charlton one for the first time in 20 years. if Peter Varney can't come to us then why don't we go to him? I've always considered them a second team and even had my £35 share in the myfootballclub scheme a few years back. Plenty of ties with Charlton apart from Varney. 20 minute drive down the A2 from The Valley and well connected via train with high speed and the international station. A good selection of pubs around the ground as well.

£200 for an adult season ticket and you can take in an under 12 for free as well. Anyone else fancy it?

Comments

• Good for you. Couldn't ever do that myself but I will not be renewing at my club which is tragic
  • Agent Varney.

Was this his plan all along?
  • no chance
  • Good on you @nichorob , I know you, I know that that it must be difficult to do this.
    Well done, when we've got rid of RD, I know you'll be back.
  • Sponsored links:

• A real Charlton feel down there at the mo.... doh!
  • The big League 2 derby game season after next?
  • HandG said:

A bit harsh from some of you. I don't see going to watch your local team as fickle-I can't speak for Nichorob but my visits to Welling and Ebbsfleet are to watch some football not to support another team (although I will obviously be cheering for the home team.)

I need a football fix and, although I won't be purchasing a season ticket anywhere else, I'll be visiting the above mentioned grounds and others next season whilst staying away from the Valley. Charlton will always have my heart though and I'll be back as soon as they've gone.

Haven't had a season ticket for quite a while now but would never get one anywhere else. Next season I'll carry on alternating between the Angels and the Stones. They're rivals I know but my son has taken up with Maidstone and they're 10 minutes down the road from me. I've followed Tonbridge since I was a kid. The Charlton heart is still beating albeit with a bit of a murmur.
  • Good on you @nichorob , I know you, I know that that it must be difficult to do this.
    Well done, when we've got rid of RD, I know you'll be back.

Oh I will mate, just get my fix elsewhere for the time being.
  • I don't mind watching Welling my local non league team every now and then but never at the expense of watching Charlton.
  • I watched non-league when a kid, Hallam F.C in Northern Counties East League (then). The standard was poor and the atmosphere with an average 100 crowd was nil, but it was football. Was it like watching the Addicks, of course not. There is no feeling like following the Reds away and being amongst my own. At any other club i'm just a visitor. When I stand shoulder to shoulder at away grounds around the country, fellow Addicks are all my kin. I've never hugged a total stranger with pure joy in any setting other than whilst watching my beloved Charlton. As for people choosing to pay their hard earned to watch another team as a protest, I accept that, because of the sentiment behind it. Nichorob and all the other stayaways will be back when the scourge of our club has left for good.

Occasionally I get free tickets to watch Malmo (wife's team) and I go and shout and clap, but it's not Charlton and winning is just a win and losing doesn't hurt because it's only football. Charlton isn't only football. I don't believe i'll ever cry with joy or despair whilst watching another team. Charlton till I die.
  • Fu k ebbsfleet
  • Sponsored links:

• I watched non-league when a kid, Hallam F.C in Northern Counties East League (then). The standard was poor and the atmosphere with an average 100 crowd was nil, but it was football. Was it like watching the Addicks, of course not. There is no feeling like following the Reds away and being amongst my own. At any other club i'm just a visitor. When I stand shoulder to shoulder at away grounds around the country, fellow Addicks are all my kin. I've never hugged a total stranger with pure joy in any setting other than whilst watching my beloved Charlton. As for people choosing to pay their hard earned to watch another team as a protest, I accept that, because of the sentiment behind it. Nichorob and all the other stayaways will be back when the scourge of our club has left for good.

Occasionally I get free tickets to watch Malmo (wife's team) and I go and shout and clap, but it's not Charlton and winning is just a win and losing doesn't hurt because it's only football. Charlton isn't only football. I don't believe i'll ever cry with joy or despair whilst watching another team. Charlton till I die.

But will they though? This is the deepest worry of all. What if RD sticks it out for another 2-3 years? Are people who have stayed away for potentially up to 5 years suddenly going to start coming back again? Once you get out of the habit it gets more and more difficult to get people back.

And how much new support will be generated during this time too?

And when RD does sell up what if they don't like whoever he sells to and continue to stay away?

• I'm a Charlton fan.

I hate watching our club die but I'm still a Charlton fan.

Season ticket at another club?? Unthinkable.

As the name of this suggests it's Charlton for Life. Not Ebbsfleet or anyone else when the going gets tough.
  • nichorob said:

Made the decision to get a season ticket at Ebbsfleet next season and not renewed my Charlton one for the first time in 20 years. if Peter Varney can't come to us then why don't we go to him? I've always considered them a second team and even had my £35 share in the myfootballclub scheme a few years back. Plenty of ties with Charlton apart from Varney. 20 minute drive down the A2 from The Valley and well connected via train with high speed and the international station. A good selection of pubs around the ground as well.

£200 for an adult season ticket and you can take in an under 12 for free as well. Anyone else fancy it?

Good selection of pubs?

I live 5 minutes away in Ingress Park, barely any pubs within close walking distance
  • Charlton are and always will be my team and I will be back once the owner and his puppet are gone but I'm actually tempted to do this in the meantime as I live close by. Charlton won't lose me but they may lose my son.
  • Crazy times.
  • edited March 2016
    HandG said:

I'm a Charlton fan.

I hate watching our club die but I'm still a Charlton fan.

Season ticket at another club?? Unthinkable.

As the name of this suggests it's Charlton for Life. Not Ebbsfleet or anyone else when the going gets tough.

So does this mean we're not allowed to renew our ST but we are also not allowed to watch football anywhere else?
    You're allowed to do whatever you want. (Or whatever your own personal Jimney Cricket suggests is sensible).
    Edited to add unless you are Adam Johnson, then you probably wouldn't be allowed to take a 12 year old to Ebbsfleet free of charge.

completely this. I watch the fleet every now and then. in fact I've seen them twice in the last couple of weeks. but there is little emotion from me. whether they win or lose. it certainly wont ruin my day/week if they do lose.

early on in the season when Gudmanson scored in the 98th minute v Hull, I went to the game alone as my dad was in hospital due to cancer and I didn't feel like sitting with my mates that day. as we scored me and this total stranger a few seats alone jumped into each others arms and jumped about screaming our heads off. i don't think that emotion can be replaced for me by any club in the future.
  • Two hundred quid to watch a non-league side that I have absolutely no connection with or interest in. Remind me now, why should I give a toss?