Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I expect I'm a little deranged but

stick with this please:

We have a better record against the better teams
Of the 9 games remaining 7 are against better teams
All 7 teams need to win to make the playoffs or top two so will have preesure to win.
We play better on the break
Possibly Henderson, Solly, Bauer and Vetokele will return from injury soon
Our defense seems to be improving with each game they play together.

due to the above I can see quite a few wins in the next nine games, perhaps the hardest games will be Leeds and Bolton

told you I'm deranged, it's the hope that gets you

Comments

• Options
    I've thought the same thing. I'm on a lot of medications though, fear I might need more...

Lastly, Pope's shirt to lose for me, don't think Hendo walks back into the team when fit.
  • Options
    Even with the aforementioned players returning from injury, we still cant play more than eleven at any one time :-)
  • Options
    You just go with it Lancs... everyone has their own methods of dealing with the trauma. I shut myself in a darkened cupboard and only come out for the CL match thread, but that is just me!
  • Options
    Last Tuesday I finally gave up ...today my optimism is back ...we will stay up :smile:

If we play like today, it ain't impossible ...positivity is good for your health :wink:
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Last Tuesday I finally gave up ...today my optimism is back ...we will stay up :smile:

If we play like today, it ain't impossible ...positivity is good for your health :wink:

Positivity may be good for ones health - delusion isn't :-)
  • Options
    It's not illogical to think the situation might work in our favour. Just very doubtful.
  • Options
    Fulham are going down.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

stonemuse said:

Positivity may be good for ones health - delusion isn't :-)
    It works for me ...fulham going instead of us :smiley:
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Fulham are going down.

as Rotherham seem to be doing similar or better than us then yes it has to be two from Brissie, Fulham or MKDons
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    If we stay up, we will certainly get more of Riga & the Belgians - think I prefer relegation and the hope that this means a clean sweep of this bunch of gobshites

Anyway Brentford are bottom of the form table, we couldn't beat a poor MK Dons & 'Boro today were as ineptly shambolic as us - we won't face a trio of such crap again this season.....
  • Options
    I didn't even bother to look at yesterday's other results. That's how we have to approach things. Just go out to win every game, and yes I think we are capable of beating anyone. If we can get the gap down to 2 or 3 points with a few games to go, anything is possible. I saw a lot of fight and determination in that team v Borough. We finally have started scoring with Harriott up front, 3 in 3, and have stopped conceding silly goals at the back.
  • Options

I didn't even bother to look at yesterday's other results. That's how we have to approach things. Just go out to win every game, and yes I think we are capable of beating anyone. If we can get the gap down to 2 or 3 points with a few games to go, anything is possible. I saw a lot of fight and determination in that team v Borough. We finally have started scoring with Harriott up front, 3 in 3, and have stopped conceding silly goals at the back.

Continue to love your optimism QA, even if you're a fascist ;)
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Continue to love your optimism QA, even if you're a fascist ;)
    And a homophobe according to my daughters!
  • Options
    Hate to say it but on the last few showings if Henderson walks back into the side ahead of Pope then I'll be pissed... I really like both our Goalkeepers so its different to the Weaver / Elliot situation but this could be a changing of the guard in Goal.

Hate to say it as well but regardless if we survive or not (and Pope keeps the jersey) then you could see Henderson being sold as his injury record could count against him with these owners who'll want to make some money from him.
  • Options
    I keep seeing this "being sold" written about our players but I'm not sure anyone would buy half of them or the fee would be negligible and I would put our injury prone keeper in the "free" transfer category
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

If we had beaten MK and drawn yesterday we would be thinking hang on we could just do this, so why not

Hate the regime but would rather complain in the Championship than league one
  • Options
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I've said this for a few games now - the way we're set up at the moment is good for soaking up pressure, if we can keep it 0-0 for long enough the better teams should get frustrated and go for us, which evens things up as we get the chance of scoring on the counter. Attacking-wise I don't think we're good enough against a team that isn't a little exposed from pushing on to go for the win (e.g. MK Dons).

The fact that an away point at Charlton is a bad result for most teams could be the thing that helps us out most at the end of this season. But, even if it levels the playing field a bit to 50/50 I don't think that's enough to get us anywhere near staying up.
  • Options
    Your a Charlton fan... Of course your deranged!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mad as nails, the lot of you.

Believe :smile:
  • Options
    It's what sorts out life's winners and life's losers, those that don't roll over and die and those that accept what they believe is inevitable and just let it happen...9 games to go, 3 points up for grabs in each game and at the moment we don't need to win every one, probably just 4 plus a couple of draws. Support the team
  • Options

It's what sorts out life's winners and life's losers, those that don't roll over and die and those that accept what they believe is inevitable and just let it happen...9 games to go, 3 points up for grabs in each game and at the moment we don't need to win every one, probably just 4 plus a couple of draws. Support the team

Win our home matches... (Albeit they're against Birmingham / Brighton / Derby / Burnley)

Reckon MK Dons and Rotherham thought that draws Saturday had condemned us, after our comfortable 2-0 win where the biggest chance Middlesbrough had was from our own player I reckon those two are a little worried again.

Its all about who blinks first, and we're still staring
  • Options
    I expect us to catch Fulham, but still get relegated.
  • Options
    we probably need at least 15 points from 9 games which would leave us on 47......
  • Options
    Fantastic. There's only one team worse than us according to the table so we're only going to lose one more game. Though every team we overtake becomes a team that's worse than us so it's not quite so simple.
  • Options
    We're down. Support the team, but we're down. Sooner we acknowledge that the less bad it will feel when its mathematically impossible
  • Options
    I hope we get out of trouble. Others don't.

Will we though ? We seem better set up lately but tough games ahead.
  • Options
    If we were third from bottom with this gap to 4th from bottom in terms of points and goal difference, I might be prepared to believe we could do it. Trouble is, even if we go on a good run, we're going to need two teams above us to blow up, not just one. Can't see that happening.