Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I expect I'm a little deranged but

2»

Comments

• Options

we probably need at least 15 points from 9 games which would leave us on 47......

That's at a bare minimum imo. 5 wins out of last 9 is out of our reach unfortunately.
  • Options
    More chance of Leicester winning the title... Oh wait , hang,on..
  • Options
    Too much over analysis. If MKD or Fulham lose one week where we win, we're only 2 points behind. Then the pressure is on, and it's more on them than us.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

If we were third from bottom with this gap to 4th from bottom in terms of points and goal difference, I might be prepared to believe we could do it. Trouble is, even if we go on a good run, we're going to need two teams above us to blow up, not just one. Can't see that happening.

It's the end of the season, there are always teams that go into free-fall
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

I didn't even bother to look at yesterday's other results. That's how we have to approach things. Just go out to win every game, and yes I think we are capable of beating anyone. If we can get the gap down to 2 or 3 points with a few games to go, anything is possible. I saw a lot of fight and determination in that team v Borough. We finally have started scoring with Harriott up front, 3 in 3, and have stopped conceding silly goals at the back.

Continue to love your optimism QA, even if you're a fascist ;)
    Have I missed something?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

If we were third from bottom with this gap to 4th from bottom in terms of points and goal difference, I might be prepared to believe we could do it. Trouble is, even if we go on a good run, we're going to need two teams above us to blow up, not just one. Can't see that happening.

That's the wonder of the Championship, on their day anyone can beat anyone.

I will decide after Saturday if we have a chance... for now I hope we do.
  • Options

aliwibble said:

It's the end of the season, there are always teams that go into free-fall
    True.

Teams still have to play each other - they can't both win.

But whatever other teams do should not be our focus.
    It will depend mostly on what results that Charlton can put together.

No point trying to guess how many points required for safety.
    Nobody knows yet ..... and and anyway, after the final game, you need only 1 point more than the 3rd from bottom club.

One game at a time.
    And see where it takes us.