Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do you still not get it?

Is everyone on-board with the fact that the cause for such strong opposition against the club is about so much more than just the results and the position that leaves us in terms of relegation? Does everybody fully understand that the model that got us here and our sham of a current identity at a football club will be allowed to continue unless they go, whichever league we're in? And, yes, I'll say it, the potential for their decisions to get worse are increased if we stay up as this owner, CEO and club staff are more than arrogant enough to claim it a victory for their formula.

I noticed a lot of black and white scarves staying behind on '74 today? Did you not get why you were supposed to walk out? It wasn't about today, it wasn't just about 1 win since November at home or about 23rd in the table. It was about the future of the very club you claim to love. Blinded by loyalty or stunningly naive, you missed out on the point today and that's something that you have to understand if you really want to be on board with this.

Comments

• Options
    Today was a success for all those wholly involved, whether it be as part of the protests, or for those who don't take part, but watching those who buy a scarf and then don't follow through because they clearly don't understand it infuriates me. Liverpool's walk-out was a fine example of separating the issue from the football, no matter what.
  • Options
    The walk out was disappointing. However don't let it get in the way of a very successful day. Incidentally the Liverpool walk out was only about 10,000 out of 44,000. and got a desired result. ours was maybe 1,000 out of 7,000.
  • Options
    redman said:

The walk out was disappointing. However don't let it get in the way of a very successful day. Incidentally the Liverpool walk out was only about 10,000 out of 44,000. and got a desired result. ours was maybe 1,000 out of 7,000.

Seemed like a lot more than a thousand to me tbh.
  • Options

How good would a completely empty stadium have looked when we're winning. A bold statement and would have got great plaudits.
    It was 16 minutes! That's all.

You people...

16 minutes in which we probably would have gone on to lose the game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Please tell me how the walk out would support the team not the regime?

Staying up is more important than being rid of RD and KM. if you don't agree I think you may need to rethink how we'll get back up when we have all our assets stripped to save costs in L1.

Tell me why fans had vitriolic chants shouted at them for supporting the team to the end?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    The impact of the walkout was greatly reduced by the ground already being so empty, this non attendance was already a better indication of the dissatisfaction around the place than a walkout especially after the total farce of the supposed pitch invasion. Plus you cant blame people for wanting to see if we could finally get 3 pts.
  • Options
    They should've been at Rotherham or Brentford then....
  • Options
    How can you possibly blame people for not walking out?! We've been absolute toilet particularly at home, and for once by some miracle we pull a performance out the bag against a very strong side, I wasn't there as I couldn't get back from Sunday league football in time but I wouldn't of walked that's for sure not whilst we're winning.
  • Options
    I sit in the east stand centre blocks near the back...hardly anyone moved from that area and i got abuse from so called fans when i left...

Some people want others to take the fight for them why they do eff all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafckev said:

To me, a walkout when your team is winning is a very bold statement. It shows that whatever the problem, its bigger than then actual game itself.
    If customers are prepared to miss those final moments of glory, things must be wrong. People are always walking out of games with 5/10 minutes left especially when losing, its not a big deal. But very few do when winning.

But the whole point was that the win wasn't guaranteed. Can you imagine the lift the Boro players would gave got if all the home fans had exited, and the negative affect on the Charlton players?
  • Options
    The pictures above of the covered end show that the home fans did exit in massive numbers, and the fact that it neither rallied Boro, not prevented us scoring minutes later (when any effect of the mass exit would likely be at their greatest) shows it was just in your imagination. It had absolutely zero effect on the players, and the reality is that it never was going to effect the players. They like to talk about 12th man because it's good PR, but in the vast majority of cases we the fans have very little effect on the action. We can stir them into activity if we're really loud and create and amazing atmosphere, and the same can be used to intimidate opposition.

But the crowd was poor, the atmosphere surprisingly good, and a mass exodus was never going to have any sizeable effect on the players. Not leaving and then saying it was because you didn't want to effect the result is paranoia (probably justified, we've thrown away enough points late in games) and self-justification. The reality is we were winning and you didn't want to miss the last 16 minutes, everything else doesn't match the reality of the situation.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Not everyone has the opportunity because of work or finances to follow the team away smartarse.
  • Options
    Thought you were supposed to be going on to the pitch? What happened?
  • Options

You little tease you.
  • Options

I was all up for it but realised that given what I was wearing I'd probably be recognised.

• Options

I was all up for it but realised that given what I was wearing I'd probably be recognised.

Did you get permission to post a photo of SLL on this forum?
  • Options

Are you Max Miller's grandson?
  • Options

For the record if the fans stay or go it makes no difference , if the end result had been 1-1 or 1-2 so many of our mincing fans would have been blaming the protests for the end result

in my opinion walking out, beach balls, whistles etc AND the team still winning is the massive bonus. Put's to bed once and for all that it affects the team. Does it bollocks. When we lose they hide behind it and use it as an excuse. Not any more they can't.
  • Options
    Halix said:

iamdan said:

Not everyone has the opportunity because of work or finances to follow the team away smartarse.
    Alright sweetheart.