Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Do you still not get it?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I walked out and the way I see it is I would have 100% walked out if we were 3-0 down, so can't be fair weather about it. Not gonna dig people out for staying, I've somehow managed to avoid the 3 home games this year where we have scored a combined 8 goals, so I would have been gagging to see another goal and an actual win for a change! With the result being as it was, difficult for people to commit to turning their backs on it.

I will say though that despite being involved in every protest where possible, I sadly missed out on getting a scarf, so if anyone is now impressed by Sir Jose Riga, the Belgians and are not planning on defecting to Fulham, chuck a scarf my way for the future initiatives I'll be attending!
  • Options

The pictures above of the covered end show that the home fans did exit in massive numbers, and the fact that it neither rallied Boro, not prevented us scoring minutes later (when any effect of the mass exit would likely be at their greatest) shows it was just in your imagination. It had absolutely zero effect on the players, and the reality is that it never was going to effect the players. They like to talk about 12th man because it's good PR, but in the vast majority of cases we the fans have very little effect on the action. We can stir them into activity if we're really loud and create and amazing atmosphere, and the same can be used to intimidate opposition.

But the crowd was poor, the atmosphere surprisingly good, and a mass exodus was never going to have any sizeable effect on the players. Not leaving and then saying it was because you didn't want to effect the result is paranoia (probably justified, we've thrown away enough points late in games) and self-justification. The reality is we were winning and you didn't want to miss the last 16 minutes, everything else doesn't match the reality of the situation.

Maybe it's because those of us who stayed gave decent support to the players during those last 16 minutes. Maybe it had an effect, maybe it didn't, but there was some decent singing and the drum played on...
  • Options
    If that's what it takes to make the team play well, then I think we should be chucking beach balls on the pitch every match.
  • Options
    I watched the whole programme from home, as I have previously said I will not be attending anymore games until something drastically changes. This is my choice and I fully respect there will be some of you that will say I am not a real supporter and I should be there and I should be protesting. Well I have been a Charlton supporter for 50 years (firstly enforced I might add) and I love my club. After all that went on yesterday with the beach balls (fantastic by the way!) the banners, the chanting, the black and white scarves especially in front of the Sky cameras and the millions watching really bought home and highlighted our plight. As I have also said before I respect as long as it is legal of course anyone doing what they want to do to enhance their unhappiness BUT when your (my) team are winning, for me it is very difficult to think 'fuck it' and not care..........this is OUR team we support the players on the pitch especially how they were performing yesterday, look at Jordan Cousins for fuck sake do you not think he deserves our support? he ran his 'flipping' legs off like the rest of the team. SO yes I want the present owner to sell up and take his smirking sidekick with him (the clip of her grinning by the way when the beach balls came on really pissed me off!!.........) I digress but as I said I cannot help getting excited and frighten the life out of the dog and the dozing father in law when we play well and score!!!!!
    I know some people will think I don't really care but I can assure every single one of you that I do with a passion. I know we are probably down but I will still cheer on any goal and win lucky enough to come our way until the fat lady sings..................
    Well done to everyone yesterday, players,coaching staff and of course the fantastic crowd that was at the valley.............hats off to you!

COYR...........
  • Options
    cafckev said:

To me, a walkout when your team is winning is a very bold statement. It shows that whatever the problem, its bigger than then actual game itself.
    If customers are prepared to miss those final moments of glory, things must be wrong. People are always walking out of games with 5/10 minutes left especially when losing, its not a big deal. But very few do when winning.

This.

I remember Spurs fans throwing there empty season ticket booklets onto the pitch at the very end of an unsuccessful season.

Complete empty vessel of a protest.

This is far bigger than a very rare performance from the playing staff.
    Some need to pull their heads out of their posterior.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Please tell me how the walk out would support the team not the regime?

Staying up is more important than being rid of RD and KM. if you don't agree I think you may need to rethink how we'll get back up when we have all our assets stripped to save costs in L1.

Tell me why fans had vitriolic chants shouted at them for supporting the team to the end?

We are in fundamental disagreement here. Getting RD out is everything. The short term on field interest is a long way secondary.
    RD will strip our club of assets whatever.
  • Options
    The whole argument's a bit silly. I walked out because I won't go to home games next season unless Roland sells up, but I don't expect everyone to feel that way. The whole point of the walkout IMO was to warn Roland what it will be like next season playing in front of tiny crowds, tiny, not non-existent. It was a shot across his bows, and in that way succeeded, as the before and after photos show. Thousands of S/t holders don't come anyway because the matchday experience is shit, this showed that he can only take a very small number of his customers for granted.
  • Options
    As someone who walked out, i don't have real issues with people staying because i still want the team to win. Gave some friendly banter to the
    people who didn't, because grown ups should make there own minds up.
    i couldn't see how the pitch invasion could pan out in a peaceful manner.
    Plus the CAFC players didn't hear the whispers and scored in the 57 minute to totally change the dynamics of any pitch invasion.

Forget the in fighting and celebrate that we are on Fox sport and news, and that among it millions of viewers could be the decent billionaire who love soccer and wants a team in London.

I will dream the dream.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It just never occurred to me that I wouldn't walk out, because that was the plan and I agreed with it. I despair of the 'I was going to walk out, but we were winning' mentality.
    Having said that, the abuse of those who stayed really pissed me off, as I have said elsewhere. For the record, I wouldn't call a chant of 'Fuck off home. I fucked your mum' banter, but maybe I'm just old-fashioned.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Please tell me how the walk out would support the team not the regime?

Staying up is more important than being rid of RD and KM. if you don't agree I think you may need to rethink how we'll get back up when we have all our assets stripped to save costs in L1.

Tell me why fans had vitriolic chants shouted at them for supporting the team to the end?

We are in fundamental disagreement here. Getting RD out is everything. The short term on field interest is a long way secondary.
    RD will strip our club of assets whatever.
    Exactly right with the football being secondary, do not let anybody try and convince you otherwise.
  • Options
    iamdan said:

They should've been at Rotherham or Brentford then....

this

• Options
    Support the team. You could say sod the team and the regime but I don't want to do that. If you don't understand then put it this way; the big picture is to get the regime out but the even bigger picture is going to the football is firstly about that; going to the football. How we engage in the politics of that is a bit subjective and I think people should be allowed to be the way they are whether for or against a walkout. I object to obscenities being used as part of the protest as it sort of excludes the vast majority who would otherwise join it but of course I am being subjective and others may argue that obscene language carries the passion of the protest. Any way live and let live and be happy with your own actions rather than too readily judge others.