Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Target20k Q&A

Thought others may have not seen this yet. I am not in any way affiliated with the group.

Comments

• Options
    Should you not change your name to TARGET10K
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Should you not change your name to TARGET10K

I am not in any way affiliated with the group.

• Options
    Good for them.
  • Options
    Target: Keep Two Stands Open
  • Options
    Are you affiliated with this group?
  • Options
    Why? Just why would they do this?
  • Options
    IAgree said:

Not only are this group effectively supporting RD and KM but the target of 20k is not remotely attainable with them at the helm.

Deluded to think that they have any influence and although clearly of good intent they should remember that the road to hell is paved with good intentions and stop this nonsense now.

I agree. I think the last question speaks the loudest and it's the people RD and co who are responsible for that.
  • Options
    "We have also worked with the club to help achieve a new 'Student' pricing category".
    Bollocks, we all know Duchatelet is obsessed with youth and wants the old farts out of the valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i doubt they'll help the regime. But good to have them putting some ideas together for when roland sods off (ever the optimist)
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Target 20000, piece of piss, as there was 14300 odd there yesterday it would be easy to just imagine another 6000 to bring the total up, however I would recommend only planning catering and programmes for 9000. If the Valley had 14000 in it Sunday our stadium capacity must be over 40000.
  • Options
    The student thing is a bit odd. We already have an U21 pricing category. Granted there are students who are not U21 on August 1st (the qualifying date) in any given season, but it's likely to be very difficult to verify that these people will be in education the following academic year when STs are sold.

Not saying it's a bad thing, but it won't change the situation for most undergraduate students and will affect a tiny number of people who both qualify AND are available to attend enough games to make a ST worthwhile - even if they are likely to want one in present circumstances.

What it's not providing is a new deal for all students, most of whom will be completely unaffected as they qualify for the same price already on age.
  • Options
    20,000...........empty seats at every game.

Belgians out !
  • Options
    What is it like to be an organiser of this target 20k group Leeds Addick?
  • Options
    edited March 2016

"We have also worked with the club to help achieve a new 'Student' pricing category".
    Bollocks, we all know Duchatelet is obsessed with youth and wants the old farts out of the valley.

Yeah, very interesting comment considering Katrien's initial reaction to the protests was to mention "getting students in from Ipswich onwards"... this puts Katrien's comments before 28/11/2015 - the Ipswich match.

Target20K were established - according to that release - in December: after Katrien's comment.

So they appear to be claiming responsibility for a gesture - which as @Airman Brown has noted, sounds dubious to say the least - that Katrien was aware of before the group even existed? And we're supposed to believe that Katrien doesn't have any involvement?

Nonsense group all round.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Well done on the North Lower idea. That didn't seem a KM idea when i read it. Far too much common sense.
  • Options

Well done on the North Lower idea. That didn't seem a KM idea when i read it. Far too much common sense.

This idea was not there's, it originated from someone who works for the club.
  • Options
    Good luck to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The student thing is a bit odd. We already have an U21 pricing category. Granted there are students who are not U21 on August 1st (the qualifying date) in any given season, but it's likely to be very difficult to verify that these people will be in education the following academic year when STs are sold.

Not saying it's a bad thing, but it won't change the situation for most undergraduate students and will affect a tiny number of people who both qualify AND are available to attend enough games to make a ST worthwhile - even if they are likely to want one in present circumstances.

What it's not providing is a new deal for all students, most of whom will be completely unaffected as they qualify for the same price already on age.

Not sure if it is still the case but when I worked at Greenwich they practised 'widening participation' which effectively meant a much older student population. Might explain the ticketing policy. Still think this group are deluded though....
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    They can dress it up as much as they like but I've go no time for collaborators with this regime I'm afraid which is how the bulk of Blackpool fans have reacted to their own situation. Complete waste of time, see the wider objective, get the circus gone and start building the numbers up again thereafter. Hasten it, don't delay it for goodness sake!
  • Options
    Comedy gold. Target 20K, the gift that keeps on giving.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Good luck to them.

I'm actually disappointed with myself that this is not my reaction. I want this regime gone and I would not want to assist them in any way.

Blackpool introduced a similar group at the start of this season in a piecemeal gesture way of Oyston to be more fan-engaging, and it has been a disaster and six months on those individuals have found themselves ostracised from the wider fanbase (and completely failed in fulfilling its aims)

I don't think they're assisting the reigeme really (although they might believe they are) as I think this reigeme is beyond assistance.

What I do think is that there are a lot of people who don't live in the Charlton Life goldfish bowl where the abject failings of RD/KM are discussed at length every day. The people that are on this committee probably saw a call from their club to try and improve things and took it at at face value, so good luck to them.

It won't make a blind bit of difference of course, but if it means we save a few bob on away travel whilst we're kicking this ownership out of our club then fine.
  • Options
    "Love the Club" gets 3 mentions.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

It was put forward to me by a member of staff in November.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Good luck to them.

I'm actually disappointed with myself that this is not my reaction. I want this regime gone and I would not want to assist them in any way.

Blackpool introduced a similar group at the start of this season in a piecemeal gesture way of Oyston to be more fan-engaging, and it has been a disaster and six months on those individuals have found themselves ostracised from the wider fanbase (and completely failed in fulfilling its aims)

I don't think they're assisting the reigeme really (although they might believe they are) as I think this reigeme is beyond assistance.
    Of course they are, it's unpaid focus group, marketing, strategy and development work on the club's behalf. Can argue the rights and wrongs of it, but don't see how you can argue it's not assisting the regime.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

cafc999 said:

It was put forward to me by a member of staff in November.
    What was your involvement - why would anyone put an idea forward to you ?
  • Options

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Good luck to them.

Of course they are, it's unpaid focus group, marketing, strategy and development work on the club's behalf. Can argue the rights and wrongs of it, but don't see how you can argue it's not assisting the regime.
    Fair enough.