Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Target20k Q&A

2»

Comments

• Options

The student thing is a bit odd. We already have an U21 pricing category. Granted there are students who are not U21 on August 1st (the qualifying date) in any given season, but it's likely to be very difficult to verify that these people will be in education the following academic year when STs are sold.

Not saying it's a bad thing, but it won't change the situation for most undergraduate students and will affect a tiny number of people who both qualify AND are available to attend enough games to make a ST worthwhile - even if they are likely to want one in present circumstances.

What it's not providing is a new deal for all students, most of whom will be completely unaffected as they qualify for the same price already on age.

Being a student in Leeds has meant I don't get to that many home games but I have qualified for the U21 ticket previously. Still in Leeds doing my masters next year so when I do go it'll mean I'm one of the few that are benefitting from this, being 22 and still getting cheap tickets, but I see what you're saying as expect I'm a vast minority.

What I do find strange is that the group are claiming responsibility for ideas that were already in place before they came in. If this group were not pro-regime why would they do such a thing.
  • Options
    Can you change the group name to "Target Roland Duchatelet" preferably with some sort of device that fires high velocity pieces of metal!
  • Options
    What the hell do they discuss every month? How about reducing the cost of Valley Express, remember KM wanted to get shot of this, as it was losing money.
  • Options
    Could they all dress up as muppets at home games so we can give them our ideas.
  • Options
    Is it possible that these people are that stupid?
  • Options
    Régime de Vichy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last night's statement means, in my mind, only the uninterested or myopic would want to do anything to support the current regime. Appreciate and respect people have a right to think otherwise, but struggling for a reason to do anything which will in any way help the current mob. That includes any support for Target 20K which should be suspended for the duration ... we can get behind it with vigour when Roland has gone.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I'd be interested to know what involvement, or influence, target 20k had in the raising of the qualifying age of senior discounts from 60 to 65.

Edit... I'll email them.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I'd be interested to know what involvement, or influence, target 20k had in the raising of the qualifying age of senior discounts from 60 to 65.

Edit... I'll email them.

None, because it was a decision made in early 2015 and the group wasn't set up until Christmas last year.
  • Options

Edit... I'll email them.

Katrien hates all old people unless they are male and their Christian name begins with 'R'
  • Options

Edit... I'll email them.

None, because it was a decision made in early 2015 and the group wasn't set up until Christmas last year.
    LenGlover said:

Edit... I'll email them.

Katrien hates all old people unless they are male and their Christian name begins with 'R'
    Thanks airman and len. I'll let you know what I get in reply to your email.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    LouisMend
    9:03AM
    Target 20k - who lets face it are probably the most willing fans to work with the current regime for what they see as the good of the club overall - have released a statement renouncing Roland's rant.

You've tipped the waverers over the edge Roly

Fair play to them but still doesn't go far enough for me though, they need to back this up at their next meeting with an ultimatum to withdraw their involvement completely if a full blown apology and complete change if direction from the executive is not evident (which is highly unlikely).

Cosying up to the management who play an important part in the success or otherwise of the regime, isn't going to help rid this club of the Douchbag and Nightmeire is it?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

LouisMend
    9:03AM
    Target 20k - who lets face it are probably the most willing fans to work with the current regime for what they see as the good of the club overall - have released a statement renouncing Roland's rant.

You've tipped the waverers over the edge Roly

Fair play to them but still doesn't go far enough for me though, they need to back this up at their next meeting with an ultimatum to withdraw their involvement completely if a full blown apology and complete change if direction from the executive is not evident (which is highly unlikely).

Cosying up to the management who play an important part in the success or otherwise of the regime, isn't going to help rid this club of the Douchbag and Nightmeire is it?
    I agree. They are playing a very dangerous game in current circumstances.

It is a shame that T20K can't see that they are constantly being held up by the club as one of only two examples of fan/club interaction. RD's rant was a perfect excuse for announcing a severing of ties but some people just can't see the reality of what they are doing.
  • Options
    Target 20k just don't get it do they! There is no working with this owner and his 'CEO' all they are doing is lending credence to this disgraceful pair!

Enough already! They should now break off relations with the club until this outrageous and offensive statement is removed and full apology is issued to fans.
  • Options
    IAgree said:

Target 20k just don't get it do they! There is no working with this owner and his 'CEO' all they are doing is lending credence to this disgraceful pair!

Enough already! They should now break off relations with the club until this outrageous and offensive statement is removed and full apology is issued to fans.

Absolutely spot on