Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Bonkers Statement from Club - the infamous {...} one

edited August 2021 in General Charlton
Dear Fans,

Last Sunday, some individuals did not come to The Valley to watch the game and support the team, but came to create disorder on the pitch and interfere with the players and the game. Disorder which is, allegedly, needed to drive change in ownership and management.

Whom would they expect the club to be sold to? How long would a sales process take? Is it easier to sell the club when it is in League One rather than Championship?

Some individuals seem to want the club to fail. This is a confused approach, since following this logic leads to exactly the opposite of what we all want: staying in the Championship.

Allegations regarding the CEO are misrepresented* and are continuously used as a method to discredit and fuel personal abuse, hatred and with a risk to personal safety.

Although certain individuals tell you it does not happen, in recent weeks Roland Duchatelet has met the fans, the CEO has met with several different groups of fans and the communications team have attended several fans meetings. We will continue these meetings and constructive dialogue with fans.

We have 9 games left in which we have to get 6 points more than our competitors.

The team just got 7 points out of 3 games.

We still have the chance to make it happen with the support of the fans until the very last game. We must believe it is still possible. Every football fan knows the 12th man is a crucial factor in the success on the pitch.

*I think the difference is also because fans don't see themselves as customers and {…} they go to the restaurants with their families every week and they go to the cinema but if they aren't satisfied with the product will they go and scream to the people in charge of it? No they don't, but they do it with a football club and that's very weird (meaning unique) because they feel a sense of ownership of a football club and that's a really difficult balance of how you try and engage with fans and make them, incorporated into some of the decisions of the club, {…}.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/statement-3009419.aspx

Unbelievable

Comments

• Options
    Is this a joke?
  • Options
    Parody?
  • Options
    Gobsmacked
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Where does it say from Roland?

This is probably the dumbest statement I've ever seen. He's asking who the club should be sold to, yet the fans have already given him the answer...
  • Options
    FUCK
    ING
    HELL
  • Options
    Is that for real?
  • Options
    This is a spoof right?
  • Options
    Doesn't make any real sense...had to check the website address to make sure I wasn't looking at a spoof site. What a mess. Got to be be an error!!
  • Options
    Please tell me this is a wind up !

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surely, surely that is someone hacking on a wind-up?
  • Options
    GET OUT OF OUR CLUB ROLAND YOU DISGRACE CANT BELIEVE WHAT IM READIG
  • Options
    WTF
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Wow. What a C*(^&
  • Options
    Just when you think their judgement couldn't get any worse they issue this.....? Incredible.
  • Options
    Looking at the rambling and the errors - think someone has managed to hack the site...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    unbeliveable, someone must have hacked the OS
  • Options
    Mind you just had check today's date thought it might be April 1st
  • Options
    This is a wind up surely
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Surely the website has been hacked? The bloke has lost the plot! The smirk on the CEOs face was clearly hiding a regime that is running scared.

F you Roland.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    In some regards this is the best possible response from the club. (from our point of view) This will be ridiculed everywhere.

Until @LouisMend confirmed it was from RD I was convincing myself it was a windup. He's lost it.
  • Options

Where does it say from Roland?

This is probably the dumbest statement I've ever seen. He's asking who the club should be sold to, yet the fans have already given him the answer...

He's already said a couple of weeks back that they were receiving enquiries!
  • Options
    That keeps sending me to a trailer for a film called The Boy, looks shit.

As for the statement, looks shit!