Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Bonkers Statement from Club - the infamous {...} one

Comments

• Options

It does make me chuckle how what Katrien said about customers has been spun widely out of context - and now Roland has come in to explain the context of what she said and now what he has said has been further spun out of context!

Because she did compare us to customers, and it has been backed up with an explanation that is telling us weird means unique - I may not have a degree in English but I certainly know what weird means and it's not unique, whether he's fluent in English or not if he's trying to explain something he has to do so correctly.

Proof of the pudding is Katrien is trying to sell us a UNIQUE matchday experience at Charlton. Now according to them both, or atleast Roland, she is trying to sell us a weird matchday experience.

Hmm..
    I do have a degree in English (language and literature) and can confirm that weird does not mean unique.
    Well I have a third place certificate for a 'picture of health' competition from Butlins Barry Island in 1968 and I too certainly know that weird is not the same as unique.
    Bloody fix that.

I was only relegated to fourth because of my snotty nose at the time.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Green or Wagstaff.
    Varney or Meire.
    Duchatelet or Seth Plum ( After his big Win on the Lottery)
    Red or Brown Sauce.
    Flowers or Seaman (Flowers for a first Date )
    Unique or weird.

• Options

Wagstaff.
    Varney
    Duchatelet
    Brown Sauce.
    Flowers
    Unique

• Options
    Whilst the upcoming POTV arrangements are being made, I thought that it might be an idea for Lifers to come up with menu selection proposals apt to reflect the current situation at the club.

This should probably be on separate thread, and if the moderator feels so inclined, then please start one off.

Here is my suggestion for an addition to the menu choices? In light of that recent 'statement' pronouncing war between the board and large segments of the loyal fan base, the trench warfare option could be 'Rat Au Vin' either sautéed or fricassee. And 'Rat' when used here meaning 'Coq' just for clarity.

• Options

A great mention on Radio 5's 'Fighting Talk' just now - the question was something like 'what's the biggest farce in sport at the moment' - mentioned the protests last week, as well as the crazy statement - the publicity keeps coming...

Radio 5 said the protests are the biggest farce? Or was it the club is the biggest farce, which precipitated the protests. Two different thing entirely.
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

A great mention on Radio 5's 'Fighting Talk' just now - the question was something like 'what's the biggest farce in sport at the moment' - mentioned the protests last week, as well as the crazy statement - the publicity keeps coming...

Radio 5 said the protests are the biggest farce? Or was it the club is the biggest farce, which precipitated the protests. Two different thing entirely.
    The club, mentioned the statement and said CAFC fans should carry on after that and throw beach balls today.
  • Options

PeterGage said:

The club, mentioned the statement and said CAFC fans should carry on after that and throw beach balls today.
    Thanks for clarification.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PeterGage said:

PeterGage said:

Who said it @roseandcrown?
  • Options

Sheffield police searching for beach balls and whistles today.

Nobody likes us and we don't care !!
  • Options
    {...} 7 points from 4 matches now, you gormless cnut{...}
  • Options
    HUH
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Crazy i know, but I think Roland wants us relegated. We finally have a decent run with 7 out of 9 points. But then two divisive statements. Deliberate sabotage?
    Playing reza and ba today? Only giving Lookman a start in the tv game? It seems player sales strategy is more important than survival!
  • Options
    johnny73 said:

Crazy in know but I think Roland wants us relegated. We finally have a decent run with 7 out of 9 points. But then two divisive statements. Deliberate sabotage?
    Playing reza and ba today? Only giving Lookman a start in the tv game? It seems player sales strategy is more important than survival!

Get on message please. Roland is a genius. We are idiots who just want the club relegated.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I'm alive. Just had to make sure I completed 48 hour CL avoidance
  • Options
    Well done Dazzler!
  • Options

PeterGage said:

PeterGage said:

Who said it @roseandcrown?
    Sorry I have only just seen this, cant remember they gents name but it was someone on fighting talk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There's also something on the website about season tickets, showing date posted 9 May 2016.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-201617-season-tickets-on-sale-3002389.aspx

and something else dated 18 March 2016.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-valley-away-free-coach-travel-sheffield-wednesday-2982453.aspx

Dunno about source code, but I get the feeling someone's been on the sauce...

And here we are over two weeks later and they are still showing 9 May on the season ticket posting. What a joke.
  • Options

There's also something on the website about season tickets, showing date posted 9 May 2016.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-201617-season-tickets-on-sale-3002389.aspx

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-valley-away-free-coach-travel-sheffield-wednesday-2982453.aspx

And here we are over two weeks later and they are still showing 9 May on the season ticket posting. What a joke.
    I think it's intentional to keep it top of the news,
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Rob7Lee said:

I think it's intentional to keep it top of the news,
    Correct. Something we've done for a number of items over the last couple of years. One of the quirks of the CMS, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Shocking statement.

"is it easier to sell the club when it is in league one rather than championship"

Roland has wanted to sell us for probably quite some time. ....For the right price etc....That's why the people that should be sacked, don't get sakced. Its also why the budget cuts are big and little investment on the pitch has happend.

There's no future between the owner and Charlton, so no decent future planning is needed. He can be as careless as he likes, in his mind.

He wants us in the championship but he fucked everything up and we won't go back up now. It doesn't happen like magic. Hard work and serious dedication needs to be put in.
    It's a relatively hard league to get out of.

The fact that he didn't even get the meeting with PV is strange. Surely he would have wanted to hear him out.

Richard Murray recently said "Roland hasn't fallen in love with Charlton"

F*cker.

You obviously blocked the potential communication between our neglectful owner and a takeover opportunity that would have benefited everyone apart from yourself. Snake.

• Options

Daisy told us we were like his children. It's a fact, children who only get conditional love become delinquent.

• Options

Daisy told us we were like his children. It's a fact, children who only get conditional love become delinquent.

We are like the unwanted disrespectful goth rebel teen daughter that looks out of place on the pretentious posh dinner table with the weirdos that do as they are told.

Roland then admits "I wish I never had you"