Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Bonkers Statement from Club - the infamous {...} one

Comments

• Options
    When i said we were in round 4 of a 15 round fight,
    Maybe i was being a tad optimistic.
    Holy Moly Roly !!!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Surely someone has hacked the Charlton website!!

As nothing has been mentioned on Twitter about it being released...

Unless Katrien has just gone rogue and claimed its on his behalf and is getting weeks of frustration off her chest
  • Options
    Fantastic. More fuel on the fire. Keep it coming KM & Roland!
  • Options
    Sorry had to read that twice ! got to be a joke ?
  • Options
    I am sitting here totally stunned actually.
    It starts
    Dear Fans
    ....actually woah shut up Seth, this needs to sink in.
  • Options
    He still seems to be laughing

• Options
    Was he talking about the pitch invasion? I swear he was!
  • Options
    Just lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The text, in case it's taken down:

Dear Fans,

Last Sunday, some individuals did not come to The Valley to watch the game and support the team, but came to create disorder on the pitch and interfere with the players and the game. Disorder which is, allegedly, needed to drive change in ownership and management.

Whom would they expect the club to be sold to? How long would a sales process take? Is it easier to sell the club when it is in League One rather than Championship?

Some individuals seem to want the club to fail. This is a confused approach, since following this logic leads to exactly the opposite of what we all want: staying in the Championship.

Allegations regarding the CEO are misrepresented* and are continuously used as a method to discredit and fuel personal abuse, hatred and with a risk to personal safety.

Although certain individuals tell you it does not happen, in recent weeks Roland Duchatelet has met the fans, the CEO has met with several different groups of fans and the communications team have attended several fans meetings. We will continue these meetings and constructive dialogue with fans.

We have 9 games left in which we have to get 6 points more than our competitors.

The team just got 7 points out of 3 games.

We still have the chance to make it happen with the support of the fans until the very last game. We must believe it is still possible. Every football fan knows the 12th man is a crucial factor in the success on the pitch.

*I think the difference is also because fans don't see themselves as customers and {…} they go to the restaurants with their families every week and they go to the cinema but if they aren't satisfied with the product will they go and scream to the people in charge of it? No they don't, but they do it with a football club and that's very weird (meaning unique) because they feel a sense of ownership of a football club and that's a really difficult balance of how you try and engage with fans and make them, incorporated into some of the decisions of the club, {…}.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/statement-3009419.aspx#lvOkE0byGPSx6kOg.99
  • Options
    The more I see that the more I think it's a hacking.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

It is NOT A SPOOF.
    It looks as though Katrien has included the full quote from the Dublin interview that she was eager to also express in full at the last fans forum meeting (which was recorded and broadcast in full).
    Is this clear it is from Roland?
    A genuine WTF moment this, and we are world champions in WTFeckery.

When I watched the Dublin interview, I don't remember her saying the words "weird (meaning unique"...
  • Options
    Good work Yanntheman.
  • Options
    What?!

Surely this is hacked
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The first 3 paragraphs are correct aren't they?

4 and 5 are odd but 6 and 7 are correct.

The bit at the bottom is odd.
  • Options
    Laughing stock
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

Are the grammatical errors kept in on purpose so we assume it's written in a second language or just incompetence? Surely this would of had to have been checked, checked again and then checked some more.

At first I thought the site had been hacked!
  • Options
    This has the hallmark of the companies house stunt, it surely to god isn't real, I need to know for sure.
    Still stunned even now.
  • Options
    This has got to be a wind up. If it is real then RD is even more barking than we feared. Unbelievable .
  • Options
    "Whom would they expect the club to be sold to?" - why don't you speak to Peter Varney.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m97a_fUumrw&feature=youtu.be

I don't know who his investor(s) are but I'd much rather take a chance on them than see you take us to the depths of League One and beyond.
  • Options
    Is it in response to the Trust communication?