Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sponsors Meeting

It was mentioned in the Club Statement thread that the Sponsors meeting was yesterday. Can anybody confirm that is that case and if so, how big a train wreck was it for the club?

Comments

• Options

It was mentioned in the Club Statement thread that the Sponsors meeting was yesterday. Can anybody confirm that is that case and if so, how big a train wreck was it for the club?

ME14 mentions it on the 'statement' thread and says she had a word or two with KM at the end.
  • Options
    Nothing from that would have got back to Roland.
  • Options
    It wasn't the Sponsors meeting - mainly hospitality customers.
  • Options

Fair enough....no excuses then about having a bad day and ranting about it....It's official then,they have lost the plot.
  • Options

What did you say to send her off the rails?
  • Options

Hi ME14,

My company has to sponsor a game each season as part of our contract with the club. Why was I not invited to this meeting?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I asked her if she was going to respond to CARD's statement after Sunday and whether she would be meeting with the Supporter's Trust. She told me that the Trust will only meet with Roland and that he won't do that.

Several of us gave a her some tough questioning first thing and she did seem quite shocked.

Thank you for asking the difficult questions, @ME14addick. What surprises me most is that she was shocked. She sat at The Valley and saw the level of hostility on Sunday, so surely she knows the strength of feeling? Or is she genuinely convinced it's still a small but vocal minority?
  • Options
    Oh okay, thanks Swis
  • Options
    @Swisdom - I agree it was very interesting, especially learning how the stats are compiled and used. The new artificial pitches and water management system are also very impressive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is 4G not available now?
  • Options

I don't care how nice it looks, I'd rather they spent the money on employing an experienced manager and buying the right quality of players for the league we are in.

What's the use of fancy training pitches and shiny stadium seats when we are plummeting down the football league?

I thoroughly agree with you.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Hi ME14,

My company has to sponsor a game each season as part of our contract with the club. Why was I not invited to this meeting?
    It wasn't a meeting - it was an open day at Sparrows Lane for Centre Circle and Keith Peacock Suite fans. It was very enjoyable and the training ground is looking good. The 3G pitches up there are absolutely superb and extremely good quality - if that's the calibre of stuff going on then this is going to be one of, if not the best training facility in the country. That's not an exaggeration. Seeing these kinds of things going on also might change a few peoples perspectives of the future of the club. (Though last night's Roland statement hasn't done that theory any favours).

I spoke to Mel Baroni a few times during the day and she asked if I felt it worthwhile to do a few more of these and I told her, in my opinion, this is a great way for fans to connect with the club again. Just watching some of the players training, touring the offices etc - it's all interesting and worthwhile.

Special mention to Brett (I think) the pro zone analyst and his team. Just a 5 minute chat with him was really interesting about how we look at opponents in advance and all the software at their disposal (which isn't as available in League 1). Interestingly he said the players all get their own matchday analysis sent to the via an app and they can review it - and he knows if they do or don't watch it too!

Another good thing was meeting Erol Umut and his team. There were a few players being massaged at the time and he was explaining about the treatments, the gps tracking of players that indicates if they have worked hard enough during training (if not he intercepts them as they return for a shower and tells them to go back out and work harder).

Simon Clark was training those in need of game time and came across very well indeed - very loud and a bit like a drill instructor. Sounds like someone we need to keep hold of.
    Does seem some good work for the long-term has been done/is being done up at Sparrows Lane and a shame it's all being undermined by what is going on at the club in the short-term
  • Options
    Both new pitches are deffo 4G
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Dazzler21 said:

Incidentally Johnnie Jackson was asked if all the unrest is affecting the players and he said that it isn't.

Huge point.

To me this reads the players understand the difference.

That's how I would read it as well. When this is all done and dusted (as in new oweners) I'd love to know what the likes of Jacakon really think - he's done very well to keep his mouth shut this long to be honest.
    Notably he was asked "Who is the best manager you've played under" and without a flinch he said "Chris Powell".

It was instant.

JJ is a really infectious character to be honest - very charismatic and funny too. I asked him if he'd like to get into coaching and he said he'd like to stick around at Charlton, finish his career with us and then get into coaching. Charlton has been the best time of his career.
    I really hope he does because he strikes me as both an ambassador for the club but with the respect of his peers.
    Better keep Colin away from these visits then, he could come down with something....
  • Options
    3G/4G whatever....... Wonder how much valley gold money has been spent on 'the academy' over the years. Remember RD, here before you and after you are gone.......
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

redman said:

It is both interesting and good that good work is going on at Sparrows Lane. (have no idea how much of it is being paid by RD and how much in grants though)

Irrespective of this, no business is successful if just 1 of its legs is working properly.

And no business will get anywhere if the fundamentals and infrastructure are made of papier mache and balsa wood. It's a start.

Swisdom said:

Hi ME14,

It wasn't a meeting - it was an open day at Sparrows Lane for Centre Circle and Keith Peacock Suite fans. It was very enjoyable and the training ground is looking good. The 3G pitches up there are absolutely superb and extremely good quality - if that's the calibre of stuff going on then this is going to be one of, if not the best training facility in the country. That's not an exaggeration. Seeing these kinds of things going on also might change a few peoples perspectives of the future of the club. (Though last night's Roland statement hasn't done that theory any favours).

I spoke to Mel Baroni a few times during the day and she asked if I felt it worthwhile to do a few more of these and I told her, in my opinion, this is a great way for fans to connect with the club again. Just watching some of the players training, touring the offices etc - it's all interesting and worthwhile.

Special mention to Brett (I think) the pro zone analyst and his team. Just a 5 minute chat with him was really interesting about how we look at opponents in advance and all the software at their disposal (which isn't as available in League 1). Interestingly he said the players all get their own matchday analysis sent to the via an app and they can review it - and he knows if they do or don't watch it too!

Another good thing was meeting Erol Umut and his team. There were a few players being massaged at the time and he was explaining about the treatments, the gps tracking of players that indicates if they have worked hard enough during training (if not he intercepts them as they return for a shower and tells them to go back out and work harder).

Simon Clark was training those in need of game time and came across very well indeed - very loud and a bit like a drill instructor. Sounds like someone we need to keep hold of.
    We'd all like to think this but the likes of Man City, Chelsea and others have facilities far ahead of our planned training ground already. No shame in that and that's not to say that our new TG won't be very good or fit for a Cat 1 academy and a Prem league club.

And that's the problem. This is being built for the Cat 1 academy and a league 1 first team.

The club can rightly point to the new pitch but only for so long. This academy has been planned from long before Roland as it is badly needed. The current ground facilities were described by JBG as "shit" at Eltham Addicks.

But all this should be to support a successful first team not as an alternative to it.
    Totally agree. As much as you sometimes have to take a step backwards to go forwards it is completely unnecessary if they had just listened. As much as many fans are unrealistic in their thoughts and ambitions - there are just as many that are astute - they know football - they know what might just work. That's why I have recommended they listen to the fans and maybe even have a fan heavily involved - even on the board.

Not revolutionary I know - but apparently the last one was a bit of a wanker ;-)

true but as you say only a bit ; - )