Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sponsors Meeting

Comments

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Dazzler21 said:

Incidentally Johnnie Jackson was asked if all the unrest is affecting the players and he said that it isn't.

Huge point.

To me this reads the players understand the difference.

That's how I would read it as well. When this is all done and dusted (as in new oweners) I'd love to know what the likes of Jacakon really think - he's done very well to keep his mouth shut this long to be honest.
    Notably he was asked "Who is the best manager you've played under" and without a flinch he said "Chris Powell".

It was instant.

JJ is a really infectious character to be honest - very charismatic and funny too. I asked him if he'd like to get into coaching and he said he'd like to stick around at Charlton, finish his career with us and then get into coaching. Charlton has been the best time of his career.
    I really hope he does because he strikes me as both an ambassador for the club but with the respect of his peers.
    That's him out the door sharpish when his contract ends then. :neutral:
  • Options

Is 4G not available now?

4g doesn't actually exist yet.

I play on one of the newest 3G pitches in the country and this is called 4G by many, it's still 3G as explained by the guy who installed it after tearing out the older 3G.

http://www.5-a-side.com/uncategorized/artificial-grass-3g-4g-pitches/

Think of it along the lines of old 3G is like the PS4, new is like the PS4 Slim - Does all the same but has a slightly better look about it.
  • Options
    Poor old Jacko. Wheeled out again for another meeting where he extends his Club Record for "Most Crash Cushion appearances for the club to assist the inept CEO" by Meire.

One day the fella might say he what he really thinks, but will probably get accused of being a "Bitter ex employee".
  • Options
    Upgrading the training ground is all very well and good but when you keep changing the manager every 5 minutes, keep buying crap foreign players and treat us with disdain then it all becomes worthless.

As said earlier, why is she shocked? She has been getting pelters for quite some time now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Sounds a good idea for the next owners to pick up. Presumably all this year's centre circle and peacock suite customers will not be renewing.
  • Options

Truth told they do make a few errors

In fewer than 100 words I can spot 14 errors. Again, it reads like someone whose first language isn't English (or perhaps they're keeping the U9 team busy). Pathetic.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Sounds a good idea for the next owners to pick up. Presumably all this years centr circle and peacock suite customers will my be renewing.

Your written word is as bad as the club's.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:

Sounds a good idea for the next owners to pick up. Presumably all this years centr circle and peacock suite customers will my be renewing.

Been going on for years and years.

Went on one myself quite a few years back but they didn't bring ALL the senior management and ALL the UK based directors out to meet us. Desperate or what.
  • Options

kentred2 said:

Been going on for years and years.

Went on one myself quite a few years back but they didn't bring ALL the senior management and ALL the UK based directors out to meet us. Desperate or what.
    She's just persisting with the deflection tactics. It's easier to avoid awkward questions when she can pass them on to one of the other clowns to answer.
  • Options
    I thoroughly enjoyed it. The training ground is impressive. Katrien was there. Tony Keohane was there. Keith Peacock was there and Ravi was there. Mel Baroni was there and Felicity (Fizz) Waller (Head of Commercial) was there.

I'm sure someone will say they should be at the ground doing something else but that's because they can't win regardless of what they do.

It's a good day and a nice insight into the club we all support. If you don't want to go then don't but it's unfair to slate the club for trying to do something we have wanted them to do - communicate!
  • Options
    Rantgate... lol
    The statement of death!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That is the real Katrien Meire.

Who needs quality psychiatric help by the sounds of things
  • Options
    mogodon said:

And I'd love to go and see the training ground but I haven't been invited for some reason.

Last time I went I was called a criminal in front of my son by Katrien for suggesting she answer her emails and communicate with fans. That is the real Katrien Meire.

You may have heard her say "criminal" but what she meant was "charmer". Not her first language, you see ...
    Well, like with weird and unique, they are interchangeable of course!
  • Options

And I'd love to go and see the training ground but I haven't been invited for some reason.

Last time I went I was called a criminal in front of my son by Katrien for suggesting she answer her emails and communicate with fans. That is the real Katrien Meire.

That's a very unique thing to say to a customer.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The training ground is impressive. Katrien was there. Tony Keohane was there. Keith Peacock was there and Ravi was there. Mel Baroni was there and Felicity (Fizz) Waller (Head of Commercial) was there.

I'm sure someone will say they should be at the ground doing something else but that's because they can't win regardless of what they do.

It's a good day and a nice insight into the club we all support. If you don't want to go then don't but it's unfair to slate the club for trying to do something we have wanted them to do - communicate!

But it isn't communication, it's a sales pitch to corporate sponsors and hospitality "customers" ie the bigger spending fans they desperately need to keep having pissed off most of the others.

She isn't going on record and as usual she surrounds herself with human shields.

Sure, some the guests will also ask difficult questions and be as pissed off as most but this is not about real communication. She was shocked to be asked difficult questions by me 14 addick yesterday.

And all this in the context of rant gate and other lies.
    I wouldn't say shocked is the right word. She was answering the questions as they were asked but Keith Peacock stepped in to say this is not what the day is intended for. Even those who asked the difficult questions were unanimous in stating the language and personal comments aimed at Katrien were totally out of order. Business is one thing but the name calling is not only childish but some of if downright disgusting.

The invite is standard a part of the purchase of a season ticket in one of the hospitality suites so it is not a buttering up exercise - they do it every year this is just the first chance I have had to attend.

I also recommended they open it up to the slightly wider collective as it really is worthwhile - we'll see if it happens.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

But it isn't communication, it's a sales pitch to corporate sponsors and hospitality "customers" ie the bigger spending fans they desperately need to keep having pissed off most of the others.

She isn't going on record and as usual she surrounds herself with human shields.

Sure, some the guests will also ask difficult questions and be as pissed off as most but this is not about real communication. She was shocked to be asked difficult questions by me 14 addick yesterday.

I wouldn't say shocked is the right word. She was answering the questions as they were asked but Keith Peacock stepped in to say this is not what the day is intended for. Even those who asked the difficult questions were unanimous in stating the language and personal comments aimed at Katrien were totally out of order. Business is one thing but the name calling is not only childish but some of if downright disgusting.

The invite is standard a part of the purchase of a season ticket in one of the hospitality suites so it is not a buttering up exercise - they do it every year this is just the first chance I have had to attend.

I also recommended they open it up to the slightly wider collective as it really is worthwhile - we'll see if it happens.

Still frustrating that she will speak to those with cash (even if only damage limitation, which is excusable) but nobody senior at the club will try the same with fans. Is she hoping that the scrum will dutifully do as they are told when corporate sponsors and hospitality customers come away singing the regime's praises?
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Incidentally Johnnie Jackson was asked if all the unrest is affecting the players and he said that it isn't.

Huge point.

To me this reads the players understand the difference.

That's how I would read it as well. When this is all done and dusted (as in new oweners) I'd love to know what the likes of Jacakon really think - he's done very well to keep his mouth shut this long to be honest.
    Did you see his tweet last night about The Statement? The fence is most definitely not being sat on.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Still frustrating that she will speak to those with cash (even if only damage limitation, which is excusable) but nobody senior at the club will try the same with fans. Is she hoping that the scrum will dutifully do as they are told when corporate sponsors and hospitality customers come away singing the regime's praises?
    First rule of empire building, divide and conquer....

That said, I have nothing against spending big on these facilities, it's long term planning that should be the norm - provided a similar approach is taken to the team, prioritised even (forgive me if I feel that the regime has managed to get things arse about face).

All the progress shows is that the ambition is not to produce a successful club side but a high turnover puppy farm of young talent.

I'm a cynic, I know.