Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your most liked Footballer

124»

Comments

• Options
    George Best with out a doubt.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Kishishev. No contest.

Oops; \|Edit.

Gazza
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Bobby Moore - he lifted the World Cup at Wembley...for England...imagine that!...and he did it with class.

while I'm at it: Banks, Cohen, Wilson, J.Charlton, Stiles, Ball, Hunt, Hurst, R.Charlton & Peters, as well, for giving me a yardstick to measure all football by from the age of six.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Bobby Moore - he lifted the World Cup at Wembley...for England...imagine that!...and he did it with class.

while I'm at it: Banks, Cohen, Wilson, J.Charlton, Stiles, Ball, Hunt, Hurst, R.Charlton & Peters, as well, for giving me a yardstick to measure all football by from the age of six.

Good shout but i just wish the tactical sub had been brought in for that world cup in 66 and not until 70 because Jimmy Greaves, if there was any justice in the world, could've got on in Injury time and slaughtered that tiring defense.

Jimmy never got over being ignored for the semi or final,
    even thou his replacement did OK !
  • Options
    Dennis Bergkamp - technical genius with vision second to none.

Robbie Keane - in a day and age where professional footballers love to shirk an international game he is complete opposite showing such pride to play for his country. Okay he's made himself look a bit of a numpty with his favourite club comments and people will point out changing clubs so much but a lot of the moves were instigated to get first team football, certainly moves to Celtic, Coventry and Tottenham (twice) were.
  • Options
    George Best
  • Options
    Dennis Bergkamp as best footballer I have seen line.

Steve Claridge for the last minute play-off goal in '96 against palice.
  • Options
    So many to choose from. Most of the time my opinions are formed after listening to them being interviewed on tv. I hate Rooney with a passion because he can't even grasp the basics of his own language without going umm and errr all the time. Chris Powell out there on his own in the fave department and maybe the likes Le Tiss and even Becks not far behind. Of the overseas lads who made an impression on and off the pitch then I think Zola takes some beating. I once had the pleasure of attending "An Evening With George Best And Rodney Marsh" and what a great couple of personalities.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Le Tissier and Cantona are great shouts from others.

Schmeichel, Xavi, Maldini too just off the top of my head.
  • Options
    Gazza for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree with Charlie Cooke and Stan Bowles, saw them both loads. They were either brilliant, or absolute rubbish. How depended on how much Charlie had tucked away booze wise the previous week and how Stan had got on at the bookies.

Best was the best, though.
  • Options
    Shevchenko, absolutely gutted his move to Chelsea turned him into a flop to many English football fans. Such a complete striker at Milan, was utterly unstoppable for them.
  • Options
    I think Cantona, for services to football supporters everywhere.
    Best, footballing Genius.
    Kinsella, everything about him said Charlton.
  • Options

Shevchenko, absolutely gutted his move to Chelsea turned him into a flop to many English football fans. Such a complete striker at Milan, was utterly unstoppable for them.

Was over the moon when he came to England and the Charlton v Chelsea match where I saw him play will be one of my favourite moments.

Will never forgive Chelsea for the way they treated him and the way they ruined his reputation
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    T.C.E said:

I think Cantona, for services to football supporters everywhere.
    Best, footballing Genius.
    Kinsella, everything about him said Charlton.

With you on Cantona - not because of that wonderful night in 1995, but in general. I remember at the cup game in 94 he gave the away end a deathly stare - I actually felt scared!

Well worth another look.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wwZuXuH-NwA
  • Options
    George Best for me. The word genius is over used but it definitely applied to him. Never was a footballer so aptly named.