Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Maybe Duchatelet hasn't got it wrong

Now bear with me on this one.

On the non footballing side he has got the basics right in that he arranged to have the pitch replaced, the ground tarted up, Sparrows Lane improved, lowish admission and season ticket prices - as a non footballing person I'd expect he saw the problems, allocated budgets and told those who know to do the work - all good stuff so far.

He didn't mess with the under 21s or 18s and those teams are doing well - another tick in the box.

He has tied down our younger players to long term contracts - tick

Now we come to the first team which we all agree is rubbish, we can't say he hasn't spent money on it because he has, but he isn't a football man so who is he relying on to buy and sell players. Whoever they are, as we all know, have got it very wrong with the sale of Stephens, Kermorgant and Morrison who were sold for little and replaced with expensive sub standard players. This has carried on throughout the two years with the most recent examples of Johnson, Sanogo and Poyet being either unfit or unskilled. Whilst Duchatelet must take the ultimate blame as the owner it doesn't mean that he does not have the best intentions but he relies on the wrong people.

He obviously has a belief that the matchday experience matters, now if the first team were performing reasonably well then I'm sure that the majority of us would put up with the sofa and other weird, sorry unique, experiments

As he is a successful businessman who I would guess must have good management teams in his companies it defies logic that he can't see that his management team/advisors for CAFC have got this part of the club so very wrong.

Just maybe he has suddenly realised that he has trusted the wrong people and this caused him to have a mental abboration which resulted in the statement.

OK I'll stick to the Statbank :)

Comments

• Options
    Hi Roland
  • Options
    "Facepalm"
  • Options
    People call her Tay Tay, but my son calls her T Swizzle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why as soon as we win one game their plan gets positive spin, then bosh another 4-0 and it's the end of the world.
  • Options

I said it months ago.

Anyone can do the easy stuff. Pitch layers are pretty easy to find.

Playing staff is a completely different ball game and recruitment and strategy should be left to those that know football.
    Ideally,when you're plying your trade in England,by professionals that know the English game.
    And that's where this whole charade falls flat. A belief that they know best and it can be done on the cheap has created the situation we find ourselves in today.

The only problem is, the regime seem to have lost the knack of doing the easy stuff as well.

How much of what has been (for the sake of argument) a success under the regime was planned ahead of the purchase and just held back by lack of resources?

Look at the decisions that clearly relate to the regime (often the smaller ones, like the Programme sellers or making sure season tickets went out on time), they should have been easy, but were completely buggered up.
  • Options

I said it months ago.

Anyone can do the easy stuff. Pitch layers are pretty easy to find.

Playing staff is a completely different ball game and recruitment and strategy should be left to those that know football.
    Ideally,when you're plying your trade in England,by professionals that know the English game.
    And that's where this whole charade falls flat. A belief that they know best and it can be done on the cheap has created the situation we find ourselves in today.

The only problem is, the regime seem to have lost the knack of doing the easy stuff as well.

How much of what has been (for the sake of argument) a success under the regime was planned ahead of the purchase and just held back by lack of resources?

Look at the decisions that clearly relate to the regime (often the smaller ones, like the Programme sellers or making sure season tickets went out on time), they should have been easy, but were completely buggered up.

Well yes, let's just say it was a concerted effort when they arrived.

Now it's more of a 'f*** the lot of you' approach.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

look you lot I'M NOT FUCKING STUPID I am just putting an alternative point of view, not necessarily one that I necessarily agree with but thought that it needed airing for intelligent discussion - it seems that is not the case

Language.. Just you wait until I find a T Swizzle (ta @seth plum ;)) gif that berates you for being rude, then you'll be sorry!
  • Options
    lancashire lad maybe we are in a place where Duchatelet hasn't got it wrong, and also Duchatelet hasn't got it right.
    I don't know the name of that place though.
  • Options
    I knew what you meant Lancs Lad, happy to have liked your input pal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

look you lot I'M NOT FUCKING STUPID I am just putting an alternative point of view, not necessarily one that I necessarily agree with but thought that it needed airing for intelligent discussion - it seems that is not the case

Someone's tired
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Rossman92 said:

"Facepalm"

Here you go @Rossman92
  • Options

Now bear with me on this one.

On the non footballing side he has got the basics right in that he arranged to have the pitch replaced, the ground tarted up, Sparrows Lane improved, lowish admission and season ticket prices - as a non footballing person I'd expect he saw the problems, allocated budgets and told those who know to do the work - all good stuff so far.

already covered by others above.

He didn't mess with the under 21s or 18s and those teams are doing well - another tick in the box.

that's his farm system. currently being fattened up to sell on

He has tied down our younger players to long term contracts - tick

to sell them on for bigger fees

Now we come to the first team which we all agree is rubbish, we can't say he hasn't spent money on it because he has, but he isn't a football man so who is he relying on to buy and sell players. Whoever they are, as we all know, have got it very wrong with the sale of Stephens, Kermorgant and Morrison who were sold for little and replaced with expensive sub standard players. This has carried on throughout the two years with the most recent examples of Johnson, Sanogo and Poyet being either unfit or unskilled. Whilst Duchatelet must take the ultimate blame as the owner it doesn't mean that he does not have the best intentions but he relies on the wrong people.

he has his network and some of the clubs in that network might be doing well, I don't know. but we all know what happened at Liege, the biggest club in that network and how their fans reacted. been said before, he bought the wrong club, the Championship is far too strong a league to be bringing in sub-standard players who you haven't done your homework on

He obviously has a belief that the matchday experience matters, now if the first team were performing reasonably well then I'm sure that the majority of us would put up with the sofa and other weird, sorry unique, experiments

personally, i hate the gimmicks, others would disagree. first and foremost we're a fottball club, the sofa is ridiculous.

As he is a successful businessman who I would guess must have good management teams in his companies it defies logic that he can't see that his management team/advisors for CAFC have got this part of the club so very wrong.

a successful businessman in a different field. a good manager would either have not appointed KM as CEO in the first place or fired her by now

Just maybe he has suddenly realised that he has trusted the wrong people and this caused him to have a mental abboration which resulted in the statement.

OK I'll stick to the Statbank :)

• Options
    edited March 2016

Well I hope you noticed that I didn't suggest you were stupid but possibly ill-informed.

Aside from Duchatelet's somewhat 'eccentric' interview in CAST News 10 that I posted - I think the main bit you've got wrong is to assume that the less than successful player acquisitions and sales are the fault of someone other than Duchatelet, rather than flowing directly from his 'player farming club network' plan to make football 'pay'.

If you revisit the round of interviews he did a couple of weeks ago on the club website and with Richard Cawley of the SLP I think you'll see that he is still committed to trying to develop players through the academy or buy in players with supposed potential to sell on at a profit - while fans 'matchday experience' consists of the privilege of watching these 'premiership stars of tomorrow' rather than a team competitive in the championship and possibly pushing for promotion.

He is a failed 'player farmer' and the club is heading for relegation not because he has employed the wrong people to run the club but because his 'plan' is unworkable because he doesn't understand the concept of a 'team' or why people support a club, and that 'player farming' is incompatible with being competitive in the championship and possibly pushing for promotion.
  • Options
    It's no good saying its OK just because only 50% of his decisions are those of a raving lunatic and the other 50% are fine.
  • Options