Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Name change!!!

From FB!!!

THOUGHTS???

I've just got off the phone to a friend of mine who still works down Charlton and I will get in trouble for this but has to be said!! Roland and our CEO are to begin discussions with the Football League and FA about a name change for the club! I don't know what the name change proposal is as that obviously kept in the boardroom!

It's believed that the idea has been suggested by Katrien to improve attendances to attract other people in London to create a unique product and better match day experience!

I do not know how advance these proposals are as I'm no longer working there but it could explain why so many people who work internally at Charlton (non playing) are walking away! If the FA were to approve the Belgians name change then everyone who worked to get back to The Valley in the late 80s early 90s worthless!

They've already said last year on video they don't care about out history and heritage so what I've been told could be very well true!

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Oh right.
  • Options
    Is it 1 April?
  • Options
    Nope. Not even they would be that stupid.
  • Options
    Greenwich Valiants
  • Options
    While I am prepared to believe Duchatalet is the devil in disguise and that Katrien is a dreadful human being, I think that this is beyond even them. That said, RD is clearly utterly pissed off with fans and could not care less about the club either ...
  • Options
    It's the same guy who warned that regardless of Sunday's statement, that the club were going to go after the fans - then a couple of hours later the infamous Roland Rant of #rantgate appeared.

Doesn't mean he is right on this one though, but having seen the Dublin debacle a rebrand might be an idea that Katrien has had as could fit in to some of that unique proposition and growing revenue stream shite.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    Has to be a wind up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A name change is going to improve attendances? We become South London Red Shirts and suddenly the stadium is full.

Where do they get these ideas from?

• Options
    edited March 2016
    St Greenwich Peninsular Academical Park Rangers Thistle Invicta United.
  • Options

I think there's something in this. maybe along the lines of how west ham have changed their badge for next season to have London written on it. as the facebook post was saying how she wants to appeal to more fans In London.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hi Stevelamb...

Who do you know at CAFC?!
  • Options
    This will never happen.
  • Options
    Sherlock said:

well when failing businesses are not satisfying their customers they do change names. My local kebab shop changes name all the time but It still doesn't improve the rubbish they produce.

Trouble is it sounds like you still go there! I wouldn't put anything past these awful people... they care as much about Charlton's history and ethos as if the club was in fact a crappy kebab... doesn't matter about the content, there will always be those stupid enough to come and watch Thames Athletic!
    God just how much worse can things get?