Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Closed season idea for CARD.

How about a community family fun day event in the summer by CARD? This would serve a number of purposes, it would gain support from local residents and businesses that wouldn't normally care about football, it would show local families that we are not nasty or hostile and are just normal family people fighting for what we believe in, it would be a message to the club that we can do family friendly better than they can, it will show the regime we haven't gone away in the closed season, it would attract a lot of positive media attention and it's a great way of raising more funds for the cause before next season.

This could be a few free inflatables, some free face painting (I know people), then some stalls selling sweets and cakes, some fair games like coconut shy and pin the tail on Roland rat (hehe) some raffles, tombola and loads of other things that people can volunteer, their is also the opportunity for local businesses to get involved.

I'm sorry if this has already been suggested but there's so many threads and comments I haven't seen them all.

Comments

• Any suggestion where this could be held, sadiejane ?
  • It has to be in Charlton really to have the right affect. Possibly contact a local school with a field? Probably be cheaper than hiring part of a park.
  • Or there is this http://www.fieldsintrust.org/fieldday.aspx

They have the field at rectory park if a plan is put to them they approve the field can be used for community events.
  • edited March 2016
    Get the club to donate a couple of season tickets as a raffle prize - reckon they might be able to spare a couple (all though given the stampede you better get in quick).
  • .........................& RD just might try to scupper the plans by announcing he's selling "our" club in which case it would be "Plan B" a celebration party !! :-)
  • If that was to happen the money raised would replace what was spent and the remainder can go to a charity like the Upbeats.
  • IT_Andy said:

Arrange a street party down Floyd road.

Love the idea of a street party! Could be worth getting onto the fish and chip shop as well as the valley cafe to get some deals/food as to win local businesses back round!
  • Charlton house used to stage garden fetes, although that was thousands of years ago when I was a child.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    Street party in Floyd Road/ Harvey Gardens would be a good idea - might mean you could use the little green space on Harvey Gardens.

There have been fetes at the back of Charlton House each June for the past few years - under the Horn Fair banner until last year - might be worth being represented there if there's one this year and there are the people who can do it. (Not in Charlton, and may be too late for it, but Plumstead Make Merry is also good for that kind of thing.)

(edit: also the Greenwich Council Great Get Together / Armed Forces Day thing at Woolwich Barracks, but would be surprised if Greenwich allowed a stall there.)
  • Woolwich barracks community centre?? Has a field, bar (i think)
  • Is Danson Park an option ?
  • @sadiejane1981

Hi Sadie. Just to say I've noted this and will raise at a CARD meeting. I think (personal view) that it's a really nice idea, although obviously there would be a lot of work to make something like this happen.
  • Nice idea Sadie, not sure it's something for CARD though tbh

hows about CL then?
  • Davo55 said:

@sadiejane1981

Hi Sadie. Just to say I've noted this and will raise at a CARD meeting. I think (personal view) that it's a really nice idea, although obviously there would be a lot of work to make something like this happen.

Great davo let me know and I will pull strings where i can if it happens.
  • Would Katrien Meire be invited as guest of honour?

hows about CL then?
    Crack on Baldy. To make any event like this happen, all you really need is 4-6 do-ers willing to be pro-active to make it happen. Seems like that won't be too hard to achieve, get those together and we will set up a seperate dedicated group aside from the main forum to help plan / progress.

• Sponsored links:

• Davo55 said:

@sadiejane1981

Great davo let me know and I will pull strings where i can if it happens.

As long as that Puppet Katrien, is not involved
    that's a great idea Sadie Jane.

• Would Katrien Meire be invited as guest of honour?

Are we planning stocks?

I was thinking more of knives and a big spinning wheel.....
  • edited March 2016

Would Katrien Meire be invited as guest of honour?

Are we planning stocks?

I was thinking more of knives and a big spinning wheel.....
    I can get my hands on a Glock G30 for a few hours if that helps.

hows about CL then?
    Crack on Baldy. To make any event like this happen, all you really need is 4-6 do-ers willing to be pro-active to make it happen. Seems like that won't be too hard to achieve, get those together and we will set up a seperate dedicated group aside from the main forum to help plan / progress.

I'm in.
  • edited March 2016

Would Katrien Meire be invited as guest of honour?

Are we planning stocks?

Don't worry about the wet sponges, I've an old cricket bat somewhere. :)
  • I'd pay thousands to be able to chuck a wet sponge at Rolands face if he's willing to attend this fun day.

Might accidentally replace said wet sponge with rock.
  • I'd pay thousands to be able to chuck a wet sponge at Rolands face if he's willing to attend this fun day.

Might accidentally replace said wet sponge with rock.

Make sure the sponge is soaked in piss.
  • Could have a ring toss onto pinochios nose

By the time the summer gets here, I wouldn't have to leave my armchair to participate in that. ;)