Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Closed season idea for CARD.

2»

Comments

• Options

Would Katrien Meire be invited as guest of honour?

Are we planning stocks?

Guillotine
  • Options
    Interesting idea but don't underestimate the amount of work involved.
    A slightly different idea would be take out a stall at local festivals/galas.
  • Options

I'd pay thousands to be able to chuck a wet sponge at Rolands face if he's willing to attend this fun day.

Might accidentally replace said wet sponge with rock.

You could try bringing along a yellow brick (you could, maybe, claim you'd picked it up by accident)...
  • Options
    Good idea SJ, Let me know if I can help.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Nice idea Sadie, not sure it's something for CARD though tbh

We could hold a concert in Charlton Park. Do you know any singers or musicians?

Would raise hundreds of thousands. Honest.
  • Options
    Crockery smash: Throwing hard wooden balls at the mugs running* the club.

*running meaning ruining, huh.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Nice idea Sadie, not sure it's something for CARD though tbh

We could hold a concert in Charlton Park. Do you know any singers or musicians?

Would raise hundreds of thousands. Honest.
    Obviously this won't happen but we may be able to get a little bit of celebrity endorsement, Gary Bushell, Jim Davidson, Lee Ryan, Karl Howman, Pixie Lott and Squeeze are all Charlton fans if we could convince one to make an appearance it would boost media interest and numbers.
  • Options
    I know there's a close season for Grouse and the like. It would certainly be a bad idea to have one for Duchâtelet and Meire.
  • Options
    This is the best local festival in Greenwich borough

• Options
    @sadiejane1981

This was discussed by CARD last night. We are all supportive of the idea of an event but, as @AFKABartram suggested, we agreed it's not really something CARD want to take the lead on organising. We have other ideas in mind so the regime don't forget about us in the close season!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016

Hire the pitch

I appreciate the LOLS, I honestly do, but I wasn't joking :neutral:
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

@sadiejane1981

This was discussed by CARD last night. We are all supportive of the idea of an event but, as @AFKABartram suggested, we agreed it's not really something CARD want to take the lead on organising. We have other ideas in mind so the regime don't forget about us in the close season!

That's ok I guessed it would be a no go, thanks for discussing it though.
  • Options

Street party in Floyd Road/ Harvey Gardens would be a good idea - might mean you could use the little green space on Harvey Gardens.

There have been fetes at the back of Charlton House each June for the past few years - under the Horn Fair banner until last year - might be worth being represented there if there's one this year and there are the people who can do it. (Not in Charlton, and may be too late for it, but Plumstead Make Merry is also good for that kind of thing.)

(edit: also the Greenwich Council Great Get Together / Armed Forces Day thing at Woolwich Barracks, but would be surprised if Greenwich allowed a stall there.)

Greenwich council are now taking applications for commercial/ non commercial stalls.
    A CL/CARD stall has got be worth a try?
  • Options
    Rent out the pitch and everyone brings a whistle and birdseed. They start blowing the whistle as they thow out the birdseed and then enjoy the fun as the new season starts.
  • Options

I note famous Blues musician Albert King is playing, pretty impressive given that he died in 1992!! Might be best not to stand to close to the stage though...
  • Options
    Oakster said:

I note famous Blues musician Albert King is playing, pretty impressive given that he died in 1992!! Might be best not to stand to close to the stage though...
    Upwind you'll be fine, just as long as it's not too warm.

Otherwise, sell scented handkerchiefs (posh, me) and posies of flowers, and advertise it as Ye Olde London Plague Experience....