Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sponsors Event 24 March - CARD call for pickets at Sparrows Lane and Valley

Comments

• Options

SDAddick said:

As to the "why are they filming us?" It's simple really, they're hoping to catch you doing something immoral or illegal and use it as a smear. And you haven't. And I am so proud of all of you there yesterday, and over the past few weeks and months that you have given them NO ammunition.

Taking a step back, as many have on this thread, the notion that relations between the leadership of the club and the supporters have deteriorated so much that we are actively driving away sponsors and they are trying to catch us in the act of doing illegal things, it's maddening and heartbreaking at the same time.

Keohane wants to identify and then ban protestors.
    That should be easy. It's only 2%. Mind you, Target 20,000 would take a bit of a hit Tony.
  • Options
    The laws on photos as I found out when someone declared they were the owner of a dog in a photographic competition was theirs when I fact he was mine. I was told that a picture taken is not an offence nor to retain that photo only to pass that photo on for profit and or in this case enter a competition for profit was an offence. I should imagine small print on tickets about filming in the ground covers the clubs arses in this instant.
  • Options
    But not on a public road outside club property.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

Yep. If your doing it for harassment or indecency or other criminal intent reasons then of course it's illegal but comes under different laws.
    Your image in public is not personal data. If it was, CCTV couldn't exist and journalists and photographers couldn't do their jobs.

Years ago, the comedian Mark Thomas, requested filming of himself by the police using DPA. He just had to pay for the video. It was a while ago though, so the law may have changed.

I think it is about use because if you use it in a profile of an individual, like trying to identify and ban people, then surely that counts as personal information? This wasn't just random filming of the public, it was targeted. But I am no way certain in this

The DPA act might be something to follow up in general. Overload the club with requests about all stored personal data from individuals, they legally have to turn over all records.
    Yeah organisations use dpa forms when the information is requested as it is stored data, even though technically your image isn't personal data. However the dpa itself doesn't legally cover the actual recording of the images in the first place. There's no such thing as breaking the dpa because you filmed people.
    So wouldn't it be an idea for some of the individuals being filmed to request the stored data and any relating files so we know what the club was filming and to have a copy of any such future filming? They have a legal responsibility to hand them over and by filming the indivuals they have made a balls up. It is a back door in.

It would tie up resources and be an effective tool to show the paranoia currently engulfing the club. All this talk of reconciliation while acting like the Stasi!
  • Options
    edited March 2016

SDAddick said:

As to the "why are they filming us?" It's simple really, they're hoping to catch you doing something immoral or illegal and use it as a smear. And you haven't. And I am so proud of all of you there yesterday, and over the past few weeks and months that you have given them NO ammunition.

Taking a step back, as many have on this thread, the notion that relations between the leadership of the club and the supporters have deteriorated so much that we are actively driving away sponsors and they are trying to catch us in the act of doing illegal things, it's maddening and heartbreaking at the same time.

Keohane wants to identify and then ban protestors.
    He's had plenty of opportunities to do that over the past couple of months. He just hasn't got the balls to do it, as the adverse publicity would only weaken his position.

• Options
    Great stuff.

What's next CARD?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

They want to ban the executive box crowd for wearing the Pinnochio costumes, so their thinking is clear to see.
    I expect all of our pictures to appear in a bumper 100 page edition of the News Shopper asking if anybody knows us, and to call charltonstoppers.
    The news I heard about instructing a fancy London Legal Firm over resigngate fits into this pattern.
    They so much see themselves as righteous in all this stuff they probably believe they are justified in their actions.
    Tony Cajones has absolutely no authority over any of us at all, but laughingly probably sees himself as significant, as important, as a mover and shaker in all this, whilst we are the great unwashed, the public, the customers who ought to know our place.
    Tony dear love if you're reading this, do get yourself a proper job darling.

Don't encourage him back into catering, we will never get any veggie options.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Where DPA does apply is with clubs giving personal details to the police.

I'm not an expert but as I understand it having spoken to this law firm http://currentsite.deightonpierceglynn.co.uk/expertise/football.htm
    there are issues with this at various clubs and they have often taken action on behalf of the FSA and individuals.
  • Options

Hi Tony, I'm the violent protester in the middle just behind the savage dog. Why do you want to ban me? I want MY Charlton back.

Is that Mr Tatters to your right?
  • Options

Hi Tony, I'm the violent protester in the middle just behind the savage dog. Why do you want to ban me? I want MY Charlton back.

LOL No, but it is another lifer
  • Options
    My quote buttons not working but @ricky_otto Mr Tatters doesn't really like football. He's more of a pipe and slippers man.
  • Options

LOL No, but it is another lifer
    Didn't think it was - Purely because the bloke in the picture isn't wearing leather trousers. (:
  • Options

My quote buttons not working but @ricky_otto Mr Tatters doesn't really like football. He's more of a pipe and slippers man.

See previous quote (:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't know if there is to be a Fans Forum event in April, filmed and broadcast as before.
    If I were this regime I would avoid such a thing anyway.
    However I am interested in how the agenda is structured.
    We have been getting email reply about how important fans are, to that end they need to demonstrate that with actions.
  • Options
    More info on Subject Access Reports and template request here if anyone is concerned what info the club may be compiling about them:

https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/personal-information/

• Options

no :wink:
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I expect all of our pictures to appear in a bumper 100 page edition of the News Shopper asking if anybody knows us, and to call charltonstoppers.

Charltonstoppers, must be what RD types into YouTube to find defenders for us.
  • Options

Maybe he's seen you after a large, dry white wine when you're not so docile? :smiley:
  • Options

I think I inadvertently started this tangent discussion by reading about the proposed filming of the SP Lane protest which I gather then didn't happen. I'm grateful to all those who have subsequently commented and I think I was aware from the outset that photos and filming had no real restriction.

My point was that if they then try to use the address and contact information they hold on fans to create a secondary database of say 'known protesters' then I believe that anyone on that database would have the right to see what is being said in the documentation held against their name in case it may be inaccurate.

This is of course hypothetical but my other earlier point is why film (the Boro protest) if you are not going to use the results in some way? I don't know.

Perhaps to put this to bed, I do think the Club have a duty to supply a name of the person responsible for Data Protection security. I was definitely filmed during the Boro protest and was still-photographed a number of times.

I think this gives me the opportunity to write to the club and ask to what purpose the filming and photos are being put and to whom I should address future inquiries should I not be satisfied with the reply. As a 68 year old I firmly belong in the pensioner bracket - a useful card (yes I know) to play if an organisation turns against you by being over zealous in protecting itself.

Finally, I will post any reply from the club on a separate thread as I don't want to take away space from this thread which I have found inspiring reading in the fight for the survival of the Club against Nightmeire and all her works.

My understanding of it is, that the ICO would take a very dim view of (and would probably fine) any organisation which deliberately sets out to breach the 8 Data Protection Principles (i.e. that all personal information must be fairly and lawfully processed).

In effect, this means that the club may only do with your personal data (supplied by you via season ticket information, etc.) what they hve informed you is the purpose of them holding that data.

If a club has a list of season ticket holders, it is likely that all will have been advised in the small print of the application form/booklet (not that anyone will still have one sitting around) of the purposes for which it will be held - marketing being the most likely, beyond the requirements of holding a list of who holds season tickets. Even then, however, the ICO has come down against the notion of organisations assuming consent (so you actually have to agree to this usage for it to be legal).

As Bournemouth Addick points out above, the ICO website is really useful, but I would also recommend looking at the "for organisations" guidance, as it is generally more specific to particular questions, and the "enforcement" pages, which will give an idea of what the ICO does following a data breach.

As far as my best guess goes (and I'm not a Data Protection expert), there is no problem with the club, or anyone photographing in public spaces, where the data protection element may come in to play is where a living individual can be identified from the records held - so, if the club were to associate the photographs with personal data that they hold, it is more likely that they will be sailing close to the wind.

I have no doubt that there is a data protection policy that they'd love to share with us...
  • Options
    Didn't realise Tony Keohanes was that bloke in the fans forum view etc. The one that is exceptional at being a grey boring old tit. I didn't think this guy is nasty just kind of thought could you hurry up with the crap that's coming out your mouth it's putting me to sleep mode.

Very dishonest then. Bit of a snake.
  • Options

I have a "stone" in front of the main reception that appears to be covered every home game by the barriers put up , it better not be scratched
    Have I any right to ask the barrier to be removed so I can see it

The stones are all ancient history as far as KM is concerned and therefore to be ignored.

As a result you have no right whatsoever to see something that no longer exists.
  • Options

I have a "stone" in front of the main reception that appears to be covered every home game by the barriers put up , it better not be scratched
    Have I any right to ask the barrier to be removed so I can see it

My one is under the barriers as well. i might ring up in the week and see what they say.