Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A quote from the just delivered season ticket renewal brochure

Nice 15 page A5 booklet just arrived with season ticket application form.So a couple of observations

(1) Inside page Quote " One thing that stood out in 2015/16 was the incredible support
fans like yourself gave the team,and we'd like to thank you for that" presume this thank you is only directed at 98% of the fans !

(2) The booklet has numerous pictures and quotes from bygone days (Robbo, Super Clive, Deno Paddy Powell and Keith Peacock) which is weird from an ownership that doesn't care about our past.

(3) The front cover title is "MY ONLY DESIRE" which would look good with a sticker under it Explaining our desire for the owner and incompetent staff to disappear

(4) Just realised they have made a mistake sending this to me I am 61 in two weeks I am not the age profile they want am I

Comments

• Options
    I see they've given up the cover letter thanking us for our support custom. Just assumes we're all very happy and eager to renew. Deluded.
  • Options
    Actually think the booklet is pretty good, I guess it must have been outsourced.
  • Options

We received ours this morning as well.
    I find it totally offensive that she dares to use images of Charlton legends in the booklet, as if she even knows who they are and yet she has also claimed that the history of the club isn't important to her. Decide which, Meire! Nor, is a winning team on the pitch but she is happy to show winners like Super Clive and co. I actually feel really sad when I see how the glorious days gone by are being wheeled out in support of this regime.
    Also, how long ago were all those pictures of full stands taken? Not this season.

Breach of trade description ?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

We received ours this morning as well.
    I find it totally offensive that she dares to use images of Charlton legends in the booklet, as if she even knows who they are and yet she has also claimed that the history of the club isn't important to her. Decide which, Meire! Nor, is a winning team on the pitch but she is happy to show winners like Super Clive and co. I actually feel really sad when I see how the glorious days gone by are being wheeled out in support of this regime.
    Also, how long ago were all those pictures of full stands taken? Not this season.

Well, to be fair, they can't use any photos of the current crop of players as they won't be at the club come August.
    A bit like buying a CAFC calander at Xmas for £8 !
  • Options
    Did you not take a dump in it put it in the envelope and send it back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another one added to the '101 ways to use Johnnie Jackson as a way to appease fans' tactic
  • Options
    maybe those clever people at CARD could mock up a recycling bin replicating Rolands arse so we can all stuff them up there at the next demo
  • Options
    sounds like we shouldn't destroy or dispose of these in the privacy of our own homes could be used for something more symbolic
  • Options
    johnboy59 said:

sounds like we shouldn't destroy or dispose of these in the privacy of our own homes could be used for something more symbolic

Bonfire in the west stand car park
  • Options

Like the idea of a renewal brochure bin at the next home game

Excellent idea.

Also, there are a couple of close ups of fans, especially one in Crossbars, can they use such photos in promotional material without permission?
  • Options
    I returned mine to Sender , with a note on the back , No Thanks , send me one when the Belgians have gone
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

Saw this on twitter earlier, it gave me a chuckle:

Look at him
  • Options
    You opened it??? I saw on the envelope it said Charlton athletic, I tipexed it and straight down the shoot
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    PL54 said:

LuckyReds said:

Saw this on twitter earlier, it gave me a chuckle:

Look at him
    Haha. Bless him.

He'll be cleaning his underpants with a hammer and chisel tomorrow.
  • Options
    Don't remember getting one last year... Didn't it all go online then?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    We should save them and throw them on the pitch at our next home game.
  • Options
    the paper is too smooth and shiny for the proper use of them!