Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A quote from the just delivered season ticket renewal brochure

2»

Comments

• Options
    Huskaris said:

Prize for most over the top destruction of this booklet. I'll buy the winner a season ticket.

You've done it now - nobody (barring sympathisers) will say how they destroyed there booklet now.
  • Options
    If the majority, let's suppose, are not renewing their season tickets what happens about the protests next season ? as many of those who will be doing so will be the one's who STILL don't get what's going on at the club (the non black & white scarf wearers & non-protesters).
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Sam lloyd said:

I've never read so much patronising sh*t in all my life, it's a complete contradiction on the real situation, they give a step by step account on each stand, the Covered End for instance "If you want to cheer on Charlton at full volume then the renowned Covered End is the place to be & you can secure your seat in the North Lower for just £175. Re-developed during the 2001/02 season, it is here that our dedicated fans sing at the top of their voices, led by the famous Valley drummer, to get The Valley rocking. The Lower North is now our most affordable area in the stadium with over 3,400 seats available to purchase."

What a load of bollox, not a black & white scarf in sight in ANY of the photos & I'm sure any new supporters will love to join in with "You Belgian w*nkers get out of our club" !!

it's total bollocks - they are absolutely clueless. Be interested to know how they will get the valley rocking again with 5 / 6k inside. Can you imagine the songs

"We love you Roly we do"
    "One Katrien Meire"
    "Jose Riga Baby"
    "Oh Pavel Abbott runs down the wing for me"
    "Pelestines number one"
    "We all dream of a team of Poochannejhads"
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Rob7Lee said:

Hand deliver them back to the west stand reception after the next home game......

Or better still everyone post them back on the same day, 'to be signed for', cost is £1.73 but imagine 3-5,000 turning up on the same day that someone has to come and sign for each one on the little post office machine!

I do like this and if I'm lucky enough to get an application this what I will be doing. With a short note accompanying it explaining why.
    Even if a few of us do this,at the very least it would be pretty annoying.
  • Options

Sam lloyd said:

If the majority, let's suppose, are not renewing their season tickets what happens about the protests next season ? as many of those who will be doing so will be the one's who STILL don't get what's going on at the club (the non black & white scarf wearers & non-protesters).

A situation that I found myself in this season. I've joined every protest at The Valley so far and will continue to do so for as long as takes. I've managed to do that without setting foot inside the ground (barring the Boro game where I had the use of somebody else's ST.

The protesters feel so strongly about this situation, and They will continue to do so until the circus ups sticks and leaves. If anything an empty ground with people turning up and protesting and not entering the ground, takes the protesting up a notch and that can only be a good thing. The important thing to remember is nobody protesting And indeed not attending games games isnt turning their back on the club, only the regime.

The ones with blinkers on will no doubt claim some kind of moral victory when it's all over. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disputing their reasons for not protesting, it's up to them. I guess my point is, I know of at least 2 people who I drink with, that have continually used the word "we" when talking about the protests - as in we will force them out etc,etc. Yet they haven't attended one protest or done anything to support it. They still attend and buy stuff in the ground - one even brought merchandise from the shop. The same people who moan about how shit the team is, moan about the change of managers and moan about the running of the club - yet can't be arsed to spend an hour after a game with the rest of us. It's almost like people are taking the "let others sort it out" attitude.
    I guess what I was trying to get at is - if I renew my season ticket (& if I do it won't be until the last possible minute) then I'll continue attending the protests, like I always have done, if however I don't renew then as I don't live just around the corner from the ground, I won't be attending the protests. If all those not renewing are in the same boat then won't the pressure be off RD & KM as the protests dwindle due to dwindling season ticket & matchday ticket purchases ?
  • Options
    Sam lloyd said:

Sam lloyd said:

A situation that I found myself in this season. I've joined every protest at The Valley so far and will continue to do so for as long as takes. I've managed to do that without setting foot inside the ground (barring the Boro game where I had the use of somebody else's ST.

The protesters feel so strongly about this situation, and They will continue to do so until the circus ups sticks and leaves. If anything an empty ground with people turning up and protesting and not entering the ground, takes the protesting up a notch and that can only be a good thing. The important thing to remember is nobody protesting And indeed not attending games games isnt turning their back on the club, only the regime.

The ones with blinkers on will no doubt claim some kind of moral victory when it's all over. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disputing their reasons for not protesting, it's up to them. I guess my point is, I know of at least 2 people who I drink with, that have continually used the word "we" when talking about the protests - as in we will force them out etc,etc. Yet they haven't attended one protest or done anything to support it. They still attend and buy stuff in the ground - one even brought merchandise from the shop. The same people who moan about how shit the team is, moan about the change of managers and moan about the running of the club - yet can't be arsed to spend an hour after a game with the rest of us. It's almost like people are taking the "let others sort it out" attitude.
    I guess what I was trying to get at is - if I renew my season ticket (& if I do it won't be until the last possible minute) then I'll continue attending the protests, like I always have done, if however I don't renew then as I don't live just around the corner from the ground, I won't be attending the protests. If all those not renewing are in the same boat then won't the pressure be off RD & KM as the protests dwindle due to dwindling season ticket & matchday ticket purchases ?
    I understand what you are saying but while in ground/outside West stand protests are good, empty seats are in my opinion are a more potent form of protest. I live in Gravesend and, while it is not too far from the Valley, I will attend some of the West stand protests.
    There are of course other clever initiatives that CARD comes up with which we may be able to contribute.
  • Options

Sam lloyd said:

Sam lloyd said:

I understand what you are saying but while in ground/outside West stand protests are good, empty seats are in my opinion are a more potent form of protest. I live in Gravesend and, while it is not too far from the Valley, I will attend some of the West stand protests.
    There are of course other clever initiatives that CARD comes up with which we may be able to contribute.
    I wonder what Fraeye thought of the protests.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know it's childish but I'm refusing to open the letter.

Interesting that last year they refused to sent out renewal forms in the post and this year they have had a change of heart and most fans don't even want one this year.
  • Options

Sam lloyd said:

Sam lloyd said:

Odd question..... I do not know and anyway he is busy with his new club who are doing well.
    So are you going to boycott or will you convince your self that you must keep going to 'support the team' and thereby help Roland to stay on for longer? No doubt Henry will boycott although he has not been very constructive with boycotting initiatives so far........ Still some time I suppose!
  • Options

Interesting that last year they refused to sent out renewal forms in the post and this year they have had a change of heart and most fans don't even want one this year.

In the event you don't open it, you wont get to see the signed picture of Roly in the bath with Murray scrubbing his back.
  • Options

In the event you don't open it, you wont get to see the signed picture of Roly in the bath with Murray scrubbing his back.
    With KM standing behind RM holding a cat o' nine tails.
  • Options
    "......with Murray sucking his toes " in mine, ricky_otto.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

I can just see the 3 of them playing keepy uppy with a black and white beach ball.

Roly and Muzza were in the bath, both blew off and Katie laughed.

I really ought to start acting my age really....
  • Options

1StevieG said:

I can just see the 3 of them playing keepy uppy with a black and white beach ball.

You're not twelve?
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

1StevieG said:

You're not twelve?
    15 - but don't tell Adam Johnson.
  • Options

"......with Murray sucking his toes " in mine, ricky_otto.

Not a pleasant image. Hope he managed to bite around the duct tape.
  • Options

Another one added to the '101 ways to use Johnnie Jackson as a way to appease fans' tactic

How soon we forget. Six months ago that would have been a picture of a grinning Richard Murray
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1StevieG said:

1StevieG said:

You're not twelve?
    15 - but don't tell Adam Johnson.
    If you don't live in a zoo you're fine.
  • Options
    Nug said:

Another customer takes care of the brochure

http://www.mobypicture.com/user/thestevecook/view/18959318

Just goes to show how much the club cares about hamsters having good quality bedding!
  • Options
    I have to say, on seeing "MY ONLY DESIRE" above a picture of Bauer cuddling JJ, a season ticket renewal form wasn't the first thing that leapt to mind. I may have been spending too much time with my friend who's a fan of slash fiction.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    They will have 2 - 3000 ST supporters ( fools imho) inside the ground and more outside protesting until they Finally ( and they will) GETOUTOFMYCLUB.
  • Options

Did you not take a dump in it put it in the envelope and send it back?

So, it's you Soapy?
  • Options
    Was all ready to fill it out and renew, then I realised that despite a looming relegation, my seat in block A of the east has gone up 57% (£100), trying to force me to sit with the riff-raff in the north.

They can feck right off................
  • Options

Sam lloyd said:

Sam lloyd said:

Odd question..... I do not know and anyway he is busy with his new club who are doing well.
    So are you going to boycott or will you convince your self that you must keep going to 'support the team' and thereby help Roland to stay on for longer? No doubt Henry will boycott although he has not been very constructive with boycotting initiatives so far........ Still some time I suppose!
    Yes, Fraeye is back to his level.

I'm not renewing and will attend the aways.