Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    Why on earth have they pulled him there... That is embarrassing 
  • Options
    Maybe cut was worse than it looked. He was toast on points.
  • Options
    He was toast on points but still had a punchers chance... Think that's his ppv draw done now
  • Options
    Seems he's still getting medical attention, so sounds the right call
  • Options
    You know them dreams when you can’t punch, that was Allen in real life
  • Options
    He said he was seeing 5 of price 

that’s the weirdest and worst boxing performance I have ever witnessed from Allen 
  • Options
    I’m no boxing expert but surely the early jab can’t have unsettled Allen that much. He looked totally devoid of ideas. He looked so weak.
  • Options
    I’ve a feeling Whyte loses this one. 
  • Options
    Cracking round
  • Options
    Tough fight but Whyte winning every rd since first 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s turned it 
  • Options
    I always knew this was a tough night for Whyte but Rivas is a tough tough man to be in this fight still and drop him in the 9th Whyte should come through if he can stay up for 6 more mins 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    C'mon NLA give us more detail. Think Red Midland.
  • Options
    This is an excellent fight. Whyte can take just about the kitchen sink, so for me takes it on points. I think Rivas has nothing left
  • Options
    Great fight, this
  • Options
    In terms of pure entertainment, Whyte fights are hard to beat
  • Options
    Whyte deserves a shot. I wonder if he will get Wilder before Fury gets a shot
  • Options
    The thing is he had the chance of a shot and he pulled the plug due to Eddie wanting to rip off the re match 

Dillian would beat AJ if he met him again and he would’ve beaten him when AJ got scheduled for miller , remember miller was Whytes replacement 

I genuinely will never agree with the reason Whyte gave up that chance for 

so what if the rematch purse % was wrong 

back yourself to whoop AJ twice and can him for good 

that was though a very good fight against a real top 5 contender imo I have liked Rivas for a while 

Whyte made it look relatively easy and the knockdown in the 9th was more of a mistake by Whyte when you watch it back , he brings himself back into the position for the uppercut and as such when his feet and legs are crossed over he can’t get out the way and boom it lands 

fortunately it’s was not a heavy punch but did enough to daze him 

if Rivas had not chased it and been more considered he may have been able to take advantage of the situation and pressure the ref 

but whyte wobt won’t ever get to fight Wilder for the belt 100% and he definitely won’t get Fury 

if fury beats Wilder I am certain his first defense of the belt is not the mandatory challenger 

but the rematch of the trilogy then the winner of that won’t have to fight the mandatory they get to chose

that could take you to 2021-22

However I can see Whyte getting to fight for one of the Ruiz belts or AJ if he beats Ruiz but Wilder Vs Whyte that ship is sailed  
  • Options
    I got the impression Whyte knows that too
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Good night of boxing that I'm going to miss!! Anyway, my thoughts:

Whyte by stoppage
    Allen by stoppage
    Szpilka by stoppage - Del Boy has gone!
    Manny on points

64/1 fourfold!!!
    Bookie always wins ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    I got the impression Whyte knows that too

Its like the canello Belt they are inventing so he can relenquish the real belt 

• Options
    Just back from the 02. Was there supporting Dan Azeez who put in a very focused and clinical performance to win the southern area title. 

Allen looked in a bad way and was taken out on a stretcher so he wasn't right. Very much hope he is ok.

Absolutely shocking that whyte got that decision. He never won that in a month of Sunday's.  Another matchroom robbery.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Done an unpopular Price / Rivas 11-1 double.

Price will be too big for Allen
    Close but no cigar. Thought I was in when White went down. 

Glad he won though, he’s definitely a fighter that’s got better with more bouts and rounds under his belt (as opposed to Joshua who I think has regressed). I too would be confident of White taking AJ.

was disappointed with Rivas. My stream wasn’t great but he looked tough but fairly one dimensional and really never threw  enough leather in the 2nd half of the fight to properly trouble White
  • Options
    Just back from the 02. Was there supporting Dan Azeez who put in a very focused and clinical performance to win the southern area title. 

Allen looked in a bad way and was taken out on a stretcher so he wasn't right. Very much hope he is ok.

Absolutely shocking that whyte got that decision. He never won that in a month of Sunday's.  Another matchroom robbery.
    Maybe I should try watching without commentary ,(tempting anyway to avoid Paulie's whine) but I had Whyte well up.

Just woke up to see that Manny won on a split decision, wonder how that went down
  • Options
    Thurman took the defeat well, didn't seem to have any complaints and was very classy in his after fight comments/interview.
  • Options
    Makes Floyd's win over Manny all that more impressive. Everyone thought he just waited for Pacquiao to be over-the-hill, but clearly he's still the best welterweight around not named Spence.
  • Options

Whyte won that wide imo. Landed far cleaner and far more often, look at the end of the fight Rivas knew he had lost
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    bobmunro said:
    Good night of boxing that I'm going to miss!! Anyway, my thoughts:

Whyte by stoppage
    Allen by stoppage
    Szpilka by stoppage - Del Boy has gone!
    Manny on points

64/1 fourfold!!!
    Bookie always wins ;)
    One in four is about average for me!
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Maybe I should try watching without commentary ,(tempting anyway to avoid Paulie's whine) but I had Whyte well up.

Just woke up to see that Manny won on a split decision, wonder how that went down
    The highlights between rounds are so bias. Was watching them between each round on the screen between the ring and they showed barely  any (if any) of rivas work.

Mate and I were saying it was being heavily edited to justify an inevitable unfair decision.

Was stone cold sober but had been there for 7 hours so maybe wasn't 100% focused and will try and watch it again objectively on YouTube.

Was supporting whyte but thought rivas was more of the agressor, held the centre of the ring more and was far busier without whyte fighting a counter punch strategy.

Also the complete lack of noise overall from a very pro whyte crowd, bar a few noticeable  moments when it erupted  when he did something suggested it wasn't his night on balance.

Both fought hard and deserve lauding and as I say perhaps I am calling it completely wrong and will rewatch again but just felt a robbery and the 16 -12 judge a disgrace.

• Options

Whyte won that wide imo. Landed far cleaner and far more often, look at the end of the fight Rivas knew he had lost
    Funny how people can see it differently and going by twitter yours seems to be the general consensus. Just felt inevitable and off at the time but perhaps watching it on a screen I'll see it differently.