Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Options
    That was like Abbey Wood Social Club Boxing 
  • Options
    What an awful card thst was.  You'll see better match ups at the local boxing club
  • Options
    Sonny Edwards 

its effective but fudge me kid u are boring to watch 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    He may be a local lad from Welling Archie sharp and he has something about him but I think Sam Bowen makes very easy work of him
  • Options
    He may be a local lad from Welling Archie sharp and he has something about him but I think Sam Bowen makes very easy work of him
    First time I've seen him, I liked him he did enough showing off and looked sharp enough for me to want to watch him again
  • Options
    Carter said:
    First time I've seen him, I liked him he did enough showing off and looked sharp enough for me to want to watch him again

If he fights Sam mate I will sort the tickets and we will go , but I assure you Bowen punches a hole in him 
  • Options
    And I really don’t get joe Joyce sends me to sleep 
  • Options
    And I really don’t get joe Joyce sends me to sleep 
    Me too, horrible style. Not sure Adam Booth can do much more to change that. He boxed slightly differently tonight but I don't think it suited him. He may just as well double down and stick to blundering forward throwing tons of punches 
  • Options
    That was so uninspiring 
  • Options
    That was so uninspiring 
    I really hope this one is lively 

I've seen more of Dubois than Gorman who I've watched three times whereas Dubois I've seen nearly every one of his fights now. 

Gorman certainly has it in him to win but if Dubois really lands on him it will be game over  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised I stayed awake through the Joyce fight, hoping this is a lively one!!
  • Options
    Come on DDD let’s go 
  • Options
    DDD going to finish him I reckon by 5 
  • Options
    Tough man Nathan Gorman
  • Options
    Ahem rd 5 

i tell you this DDD is raw and the real deal with the right coaching this kid goes to the very very top I ha e said it now for two years get begins him because he is going to rule 
  • Options
    Huge gulf of class and power there 

Gorman was there for the taking in the 5th, great call NLA, Dubois moved his head nicely tonight. Speaking of heads, I imagine Gormans is still whirring after that one. No shame at all losing that, Gorman didnt have to take that fight so early on in his own career and he will hopefully learn he needs to box behind jab to get away with trying to be the next tyson fury
  • Options
    Gorman was seeing stars mate 

he is what 21 I think DDD going to be a beast at 24-25 yrs old and if he fights at 16-9-17-2 when he gets to that age he will absolutely smash all comers 
  • Options
    Thought Dubois looked really good, the complete opposite of Joyce before him.
  • Options
    Daniel Dubois is a great British prospect.
    At 21 the Greenwich fighter will be world class by the time he is 23.

At 22 Joe Joyce wasn't even a boxer, he was an Olympic fighter untill he was 30. A step up in class and against a decent defensive fighter he went the distance for the first time tonight. He throws lots of punches but looked really hurt with that body shot early doors. Joyce v Gorman would be a decent fight. Both Haye and Warren mentioned the idea of them fighting.

I hadn't seen Gorman fight before but he looked out classed from the 2nd round.

• Options
    Ridiculous having your main fight starting at 11.30. Must have lost a few non-committed viewers and the knockdown instead of creating a bit of buzz just signalled a mass arena exodus and TV switch off. 

They are going to have to do a job with Dubois similar to Joshua of leapfrogging him from being a boxer without a following to becoming a buzz brand / event people will want to buy tickets for. Looks to me like he’s got real potential, that’s a hell of a clubbing right he has and his body shots are excellent. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Daniel Dubois is a great British prospect.
    At 21 the Greenwich fighter will be world class by the time he is 23.

At 22 Joe Joyce wasn't even a boxer, he was an Olympic fighter untill he was 30. A step up in class and against a decent defensive fighter he went the distance for the first time tonight. He throws lots of punches but looked really hurt with that body shot early doors. Joyce v Gorman would be a decent fight. Both Haye and Warren mentioned the idea of them fighting.

I hadn't seen Gorman fight before but he looked out classed from the 2nd round.

Joe Joyce made the call to not turn pro until it was far too late 

he made that decision to avoid 

AJ
    whyte
    fury 
    price (i know-now that looks  absurd but it’s true) 

The long and the short of it is he has left it far to late to start the journey and there is not a hope in hell that he walked that fight last night I am not saying he lost but 9 rd victory come on ffs nonsense 

he is slow he is so hittable i would fancy my chances and landing 

the only thing he has is strength (don’t mistake with concussive power) he hits with strength they are hard long lasting painful hits no doubt but as you raise through the ranks that’s not enough 

put him in now with Dubois it lasts no more than 6 before DDD ko’s him 

boxing has a dark side and that side is money 

theres 3 heavyweights in two camps 

warren 

tyson 
    ddd
    Joyce 

hearn 

AJ
    Whyte 
    Usyk (was Del Boy) 

AJ is now vulnerable there’s room for a new Brit to be up there DDD is him 100% 

whyte has an extremely difficult next week

joyces next fight will be just as tough

right now Tyson rules without the belts he is the number 1 British promotion heavyweight across the pond and here 

number 2 is still AJ  just 

whyte 3 

Usyk 

DDD now will be guided through until he nestles under the big man 

• Options
    Dubois has got the raw material, he's a big boy and one who can whack. He also boxed really nicely last night, he looked poor against Larty but really impressed me last night. Gorman might have been outclassed last night but he has looked decent previously and can come again. 

Whyte has a hard fight against Rivas, problem is nobody has heard of him apart from boxing fans and by that I mean people that watch boxing outside of the sky diet. 

• Options
    Carter said:
    Dubois has got the raw material, he's a big boy and one who can whack. He also boxed really nicely last night, he looked poor against Larty but really impressed me last night. Gorman might have been outclassed last night but he has looked decent previously and can come again. 

Whyte has a hard fight against Rivas, problem is nobody has heard of him apart from boxing fans and by that I mean people that watch boxing outside of the sky diet. 

Whytes fight will be a stormer easily could be heavyweight fight of year and is a real tough fight 
  • Options
    If we assume he continues with at least 3-4 fights a year (and obviously keeps winning) Dubois will surely get a world title by the age Joshua was when he turned pro.
  • Options
    If we assume he continues with at least 3-4 fights a year (and obviously keeps winning) Dubois will surely get a world title by the age Joshua was when he turned pro.
    Very likely indeed 
  • Options
    Manny vs Khan november 8th in Saudi Arabia. 
  • Options
  • Options
    Thurman will fuck Manny up
  • Options
    Saudi Arabia are throwing big money around recently. Not everyone's cup of tea, bit they've had some massive WWE wrestling events recently as well, they can't have been cheap. Not the female wrestlers obviously...
  • Options

Manny Pacquiao's publicist has denied a deal has been agreed to fight Amir Khan in Saudi Arabia in November.

Khan claims the bout in Riyadh on 8 November is "signed off and done" but Pacquiao's spokesperson Fred Sternberg said: "Manny has not signed any contract."

He also added "As far as I know it hasn't been even discussed"