Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Usyk is very, very classy and that was an amazing performance but I think he gets beat by Tyson Fury in the most boring fight in heavyweight history which is 90% Fury hugging and smothering him
  • Caught the last few rounds.

Glad Usyk wasn't screwed over on the scores, deserved it ny a mile from what I saw - different class of boxer to Joshua.

Joshua looked so sluggish.
  • Scorecards are spot on.

Joshua outclassed 
    Thought fosters was a tad close at 115-113.

Usyk was immense on the night, and Joshua for all his faults dug in dip. 

Remains to be seen where Joshua goes now, does he take the rematch 
    Usyk would probably ko him.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Usyk is very, very classy and that was an amazing performance but I think he gets beat by Tyson Fury in the most boring fight in heavyweight history which is 90% Fury hugging and smothering him
    Fury is a far cleverer boxer than AJ.
  • Waiting for the decision I was tense. Worried that they were going to give it to Joshua or perhaps hedge their bets with a draw.

Relieved that it went the way it did 4/5 round victory is spot on. Had it gone the other way I am not sure I would have bothered watching anything in the future.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Usyk is very, very classy and that was an amazing performance but I think he gets beat by Tyson Fury in the most boring fight in heavyweight history which is 90% Fury hugging and smothering him
    And will come in about 3 stone heavier than usyk... you can't dance around with 19.5 stone on your back
  • CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    And will come in about 3 stone heavier than usyk... you can't dance around with 19.5 stone on your back
    AJ has a great physique and is strong but is technically very limited - Usyk completely outclassed him in the last few rounds and made him look very ordinary.

I don't think AJ would have beaten Fury. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    AJ has a great physique and is strong but is technically very limited - Usyk completely outclassed him in the last few rounds and made him look very ordinary.

Agreed, fury beats aj all day every day
  • CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:

But fury for how great of a boxer he is, would get himself involved in a firefight with Joshua. Just how fury is.

The only person I see beating fury is fury himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Not sure what AJ does now - the fear factor has certainly gone. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Not sure what AJ does now - the fear factor has certainly gone. 
    Whyte trilogy fight would be my guess.
  • Best man won, completely reinforced my view that Fury beats AJ easily, I think Usyk will be a hard man to beat.
  • I've said it before here: gosh that was beautiful from Usyk. He's a wonderful boxer.

I think Fury beats him fairly easily though. But what a beautiful fight that will be.
  • At least against Ruiz AJ could say he got caught with a lucky punch. 

What can he say to this? Other than he's just not as good as Usyk. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    I've said it before here: gosh that was beautiful from Usyk. He's a wonderful boxer.

I think Fury beats him fairly easily though. But what a beautiful fight that will be.
    It would be hard to call.

All the boxing experts I've listened to have said Usyk is a better boxer - tonight was not really a surprise. Technique beats strength/physique.
  • edited September 2021
    Carter said:
    At least against Ruiz AJ could say he got caught with a lucky punch. 

Joshua got beaten up by Ruiz throwing and landing combinations nothing to do with luck, he fucked him up over a few rounds, a bad beating 

I'm over the moon for Oleksander Usyk truly great boxer and has done it the hard way and showed up every single one of Joshuas limitations, I gave Joshua 1 round and think the scoring was still too close but at least they didn't conjure up a draw or a Joshua win 
    Yes but the media spin was 'unmotivated', 'he caught me behind the ear so I lost equilibrium'. 

There's nothing with this one. Just got handily beat over 12 rounds by a better boxer. 
  • Carter said:

Joshua got beaten up by Ruiz throwing and landing combinations nothing to do with luck, he fucked him up over a few rounds, a bad beating 

I'm over the moon for Oleksander Usyk truly great boxer and has done it the hard way and showed up every single one of Joshuas limitations, I gave Joshua 1 round and think the scoring was still too close but at least they didn't conjure up a draw or a Joshua win 
    Yes but the media spin was 'unmotivated', 'he caught me behind the ear so I lost equilibrium'. 

There's nothing with this one. Just got handily beat over 12 rounds by a better boxer. 
    Very close to a KO - saved by the bell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

Very close to a KO - saved by the bell.
    12th round ended 5 seconds early apparently 
  • edited September 2021

"Beaten by the better fighter on the night... got my gameplan wrong... he reacted better... Learn from this... gp again... etc"

Half true, but the issue is Usyk will likely be even better and more confident in any rematch.

"Beaten by the better fighter on the night... got my gameplan wrong... he reacted better... Learn from this... gp again... etc"

Half true, but the issue is Usyk will likely be even better and more confident in any rematch.
    I was amazed by the end that Joshua didn't get knocked out. Usyk looked completely in control. 

• I don't understand why Joshua was a good stone down on where he has been in the past, given his one advantage was size.
  • AJ is just another Bruno 
  • AJ is just another Bruno 
    A lot of it is about timing - AJ came to the fore when there weren't many decent heavyweights about. Once he fights somebody with a decent technique he's in trouble...
  • I don't understand why Joshua was a good stone down on where he has been in the past, given his one advantage was size.
    I think he wanted to win "fairly" and show/prove his actual skills as opposed to being seen as only winning through physical advantages.

Problem is (as mentioned already) he's really not as good as he thinks he is.
  • Said for god knows how long that AJ is a marketing dream but a limited boxer. How anyone could think he could touch Fury is beyond me.
  • Chisora showed how to at least make Usyk uncomfortable, rough him up, use natural strength and size and swing in brutal hooks. Usyk could see Joshuas predictable jab coming all night