Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The thread about Boxing

Comments

• Good. These farcical 'fights' should be banned anyway 
    I get your point regarding youtubers but I think this was a pretty evenly matched fight.

Both have short records, little amateur experience and a big social media following. I thought it was a good 50/50 match-up. 
  • A bacterial chest infection and a broken rib lol sounds like excuses if you ask me
  • Tyson has probably seen how shit he's looked in camp and talked him out of it.
  • Sheeraz offered Skeete a rematch 
  • Great KO by Benn last night. Feel he's still some way off world level, but an exciting fighter to watch nonetheless. 

• Any thoughts about Joseph Parker v Del Boy this weekend.  I’m keen to see how Parker is going under Andy Lee, his new trainer.  And Parker said in a recent tv interview that he will not have his usual slow start.
  • Any thoughts about Joseph Parker v Del Boy this weekend.  I’m keen to see how Parker is going under Andy Lee, his new trainer.  And Parker said in a recent tv interview that he will not have his usual slow start.
    Parker often seems to talk a much better fight than he is able to perform to.

Think he was with Lee for the first fight as well?
    Maybe this time he will live up to the words, but if he can’t see off Chisora more comfortably then you have to wonder what sort of level he will be competing at in the future. 
  • I really like Parker and I’m confident he’ll win comfortably on points.

Can’t wait for Whyte vs Fury. I hope Fury underestimates Dillian and fights like he did against Wallin. Then again he no longer has Ben Davison as his trainer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Joseph Parker is a good boxer and I thought could have had an argument against Joshua. I think he is capable of stopping Chisora, I rate Andy Lee as a trainer, really understands the sport and what individuals can and cannot do. For me Parker can punch and if he can land a substantial right hand after weathering the predictable Del Boy onslaught that will be that 
  • Parker Comfortably on points
  • Parker beats Del boy comfortably. 
  • Thanks for those comments.  Have to agree AllLeftFoot about Parker talking up his game only to disappoint.  Had similar frustrations with David Tua actually.  I was ringside for a Tua fight in New York (not Madison Square Garden).  His opponent in the headliner was changed twice, the last time on the morning of the fight.  Not Tua’s fault of course but all rather pathetic (he stopped him in the eighth for the record).
  • I used to really enjoy watching David Tua fight, he had dynamite in his gloves. Parker is a totally different animal though David Tua wasn't too bothered by the head or lateral movement element of boxing. Had goof footwork, well he planted his feet well at least but he was about hurting people and he properly starched a few people 
  • Got a few kiwis in my family, big boxing fans. All respect Parker but don't ever stop talking about Tua"s "lift hook"
  • Look out for sandy ryan, future womens champion, boxing on Saturday 
  • Delboy looking in good nick at the weigh-in
  • Looking forward to this
  • Sponsored links:

• One way trafficnso far, chisora taking some damage
  • Parker's a lot more aggressive than we've seen previously, think Chisora is in big trouble here
  • How many times does Chisora want to get hit with the same shot 
  • Anyone got a stream? My mrs has dragged me to her mates bday party and im bored shitless
  • That uppercut has been there all fight 
  • Try hesgoal added bonus of Spanish commentary (though I like Costello. Ooooh chisora down
  • Chisora lost every round so needs a knockout. 
  • I'd chuck the towel in right now if I was Chisora's trainer. He looks knackered and been down 3 times already. 
  • Every time Chisora gets dropped, straight into the corner. If Parker wants a finish he needs to press after the count rather than letting Chisora stroll into it each time
  • Chisoria what a man,