Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
The thread about Boxing
Comments
-
On the plus side, no need to ‘protect’ the zero losses anymore1
-
Astonishing admission from Itauma here, that he doesn't think he's ever sparred 12 rounds: https://x.com/everythingboxi2/status/2093873982873153932?s=460
-
As against Usyk who regularly spars for 15 rounds. That loss is on Davidson. Should have realised he wasn't going to knock him out and controlled the distance and try to outbox himSELR_addicks said:Recent interview with TalkSport:"How often have you gone 12 intense rounds in training and how confident are you in a fight that goes that distance?"Moses Itauma: "If I'm being completely honest, I don't know if I've done a 12-round spar. I might have but I wouldn't recall.""Is there any part of you that thinks that I'd like to do 12 rounds just to see what it's like?"Itauma: "Absolutely not. There's no need to be in the ring longer than you need to be. Whether I knock Filip Hrgovic out in the 1st or the last, I'm still going to get paid the same."Sack the trainer immediately.1 -
That doesn't surprise me
If you listen to any of his family they think the golden egg laying goose is already the champ with a massive reserve of eggs and a legacy set in stone to ensure none of them have to work, ever
I don't entirely blame Moses for that as he absolutely needs guidance and not to be milked like a cash goat. Part of that is not training solely on vibes, its doing the hard spars, the road work, getting horrible unorthodox, lumpy opponents in and rotating them. I'd put money on that not having happened3 -
He looked tired early, was swinging wildly the whole bout, shows lots of inexperience, which is crazy when you think it was for a world title0
-
Happened to be up so thought I’d chuck on the Benn undercard. That was incredibly one sided from Vanhouter, where does he stack up with Itauma at the same age?0
-
He looked ridiculously powerfulcafc_harry said:Happened to be up so thought I’d chuck on the Benn undercard. That was incredibly one sided from Vanhouter, where does he stack up with Itauma at the same age?0 -
Crikey, Garcia is some boxer.0
-
Bit of an early stoppage but it was inevitable... Benn wasn't seeing the angles he was punching from. Too slick and too quck0
-
Levels…4
-
Sponsored links:
-
The least surprising outcome of that fight
Regardless of Benn dropping weight which he will now blame the result on, he had no business being in with Garcia. Who has Benn fought and beaten to warrant that opportunity?
7 -
Benn shouldn’t have been in the same zip code as Ryan Garcia, least surprising result ever.6
-
Benn was in over his head there, should never have been given a title shot given his past record. Garcia was too quick and too powerful for him.
Laughable that he earned about $10m for that, nice work if you can get it.3 -
I thought he would take him a bit deeper than the start of the second tbf. Watching it back again this morning I'm not even sure it was an early stoppage, was still moving his head but would have got knocked clean out within the next 20 seconds, ref probably did him a favour.Carter said:The least surprising outcome of that fight
Regardless of Benn dropping weight which he will now blame the result on, he had no business being in with Garcia. Who has Benn fought and beaten to warrant that opportunity?
Teo and then Devin rematch for Garcia should be interesting2 -
Dana wanking away another 10m is always fun to see.1
-
That is the best outcome for all boxing fans. Might finally shut Benn up for a bit.
4 -
Benn isn't even close to world title level, and you saw that last night.Good to see Benn humbled, needs to lose the ego and learn how to box without the juice or weight restrictions in his favour.3
-
For Benn to get a shot at the WBC crown was a kick in the teeth to a lot of talented boxers who have earned their ranking.
I don't think Garcia even got out of second gear.
As for who's next, I'd love to see Garcia v Teo, but I fear Teo is on the slide. He was lucky to get the decision against Rolly in my opinion.
As for Benn, perhaps some YouTuber, because his career has always been about the money.0 -
Sorry to hear of the passing of George Chuvalo who was one tough fighter who I was lucky enough to see in London in the sixties.
RIP4 -
I believe he trained for one of his British fights at the gym over the Duchess of Edinburgh pub which is now the Tesco Express in Wickham Lane.Starinnaddick said:Sorry to hear of the passing of George Chuvalo who was one tough fighter who I was lucky enough to see in London in the sixties.
RIP0 -
Sponsored links:
-
Starinnaddick said:Sorry to hear of the passing of George Chuvalo who was one tough fighter who I was lucky enough to see in London in the sixties.
RIPA chin built of granite.Two fantastic fights with The Greatest, especially the first one in 1966 which was surrounded by controversy with Ali having to fight in Canada after cancelling the scheduled fight with Ernie Terrell due to Illinois declaring the fight illegal over the Vietnam issue. Ali fought Terrell a year later of course in the controversial 'What's my name?' fight.Very good documentary about the 1966 fight here:As well as fighting Ali twice he also fought Frazier and Foreman (lost both on TKOs) and retired after 93 professional bouts having never been knocked down - remarkable career.RIP George
3 -
Sounds like AJ vs Fury will be in Cardiff, Dana will be pissed off hes not managed to get his way (even though its got fk all to do with him).0
-
Confirmed for dec 11th in Cardiff.0
-

1 -
The amount of absolute bollocks being spouted by these 2 in the build (if it still goes ahead) will be utterly insane.2
-
Would have been a great fight 5 or so years ago.
Nothing more than a big payday for two fighters well past their best now.5 -
Agree. Both are past their best. Josha nearly died in a car crash not long ago which I think will push him down lower than he was and he was on the way down then. I think Fury will win but it will get a lot of hype and be a good payday for them both. Couldn't be less interested though. As you say, the time for this fight was 5 years ago.blackpool72 said:Would have been a great fight 5 or so years ago.
Nothing more than a big payday for two fighters well past their best now.0 -
Oh come on😂, it will still be a great fight.
how can u not be interested1 -
It was only announced a couple of days ago & I'm already bored of the antics
Too many twats with massive ego's involved
& I'm still not convinced it will happen4 -
It's so fucking boring.1







https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUOetPfcad0



