Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***CARD RESPONSE to CAFC and Met Police Statement***

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic response, keep up the good work CARD. Any chance of getting this distributed on flyers at saturdays game, unfortunately there's still plenty that need convincing of the need to act not just wear black & white scarves.
  • Options
    I love you CARD :-)
    Well done, perfect response.
  • Options
    What a very well worded statement and an immediate response from CARD!!

The regime is in self-destruct. They get roundly humiliated every time they deceitfully attempt to discredit or insult the fans. They are so unfit for purpose it is embarrassing .

There is little doubt they have to stick to Duchatalet like clams because when he sacks them they will surely be seen as totally incompetent to hold any similar position of responsibility again.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Capital radio news just said charlton fans have been warned by the police
  • Options

Quick! better hide those deflated beach balls and Roland out stickers before the pigs come knocking on my front door.
  • Options
    Thank you CARD - Great response.
  • Options

Thank you.
    An excellent response.
    I do not like helping RD, but think on this. You have alienated, my estimate 75% ( maybe conservative estimate) of the fans. That is likely to give crowds of 5000 next season. Your concept of the "match day experience" and new fans is fine in theory, but where are they going to come from? Just over the river West Ham have the Olympic stadium with subsidised admission and are going to encourage the non committed supporter to go there. I have to admit it Roly, that is going to be a far preferable match day experience than you can offer.

My thought exactly and I did point this out to them in a recent e-mail which got a the usual generic response with meaningless rhetoric about trying to build a better club. If he thought he was going to get a shed load of new fans from the people moving into all the new flats being built on the peninsular, think again. As you correctly point out, they will all be piling onto the Jubilee Line and DLR and travelling the short distance to the Spams subsidised stadium to watch Premier League and European Football, no contest..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Superb response - the regime's derisory attack has been returned with interest (and some). This lot truly are beyond redemption on every level.
  • Options
    Excellent response!

A quick question - Those that know Peter Varney personally, have you any idea on what he thinks of the protests etc.? More importantly I guess, we know that there is still interest from those that Peter represents, but I wonder what are the chances that RD did sell, he would sell to PVs people?
  • Options
    Excellent response CARD, well done.

The club is beginning to resemble a teacher I knew at school, who's favourite cry was

'Every-time I open my mouth, some silly idiot speaks'.

Keep up the good work.

You bought the wrong club Roland.
  • Options
    A very professional response from CARD. If I were Roland, I'd be straight on the blower asking if those behind the campaign wanted to work for him ... LOL
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Police have just released photos of some of the most threatening

What a bunch of hardened criminals, fair freeze the blood, don't they....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

They are on the back foot and don't know where the next protest is coming from. They have been warned by the FA about the match delay/whistles at the last game and have no control over the situation, leaving them vulnerable. They are hoping a statement/threat involving the Met will be enough to head off any problems affecting games, but can't be sure. They have lost the PR battle up until now and must realise they are up against a well-organised, multi-skilled opposition, which they continue to further alienate, while all the time trying to sell them season tickets. Roland has a mess on his hands and an investment he may lose.

Keep up the pressure and make sure the narrative on relegation day is "six changes of head coach in two years and numerous sub-standard players" - what a way to run a football club"

As Henry says "They bought the wrong club".

Please may I use this quote @Tutt-Tutt, to me it sums it all up ?
  • Options
    Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all members of CARD involved in this superb response! Expressed so fluently, coherently and yet forcefully! RD, KM and RM beware as we are not going away.
  • Options
    What are are all discussing here is the disaster that RD and KM are in the current PR debacle. Seen to be bullies, antagonistic and in general totally hopeless.
    But we do not follow Charlton for the PR issues.
    Let's remind us all of why we have CARD.
    Total mismanagement of the football. Inadequate managers/ coaches appointed for the convenience of RDs network. Inadequate players again bought into a league they were not able to compete in, again for the convenience of RDs network.