Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***CARD RESPONSE to CAFC and Met Police Statement***

Comments

• Options

Been tied up with grandkids' stuff as it's Easter hols time but wanted to add my congrats to CARD and all who sail in her.

Thank you all from the heart of my bottom !

I bet you threw a Beach Ball?
    I knew you were trouble the first time I met you. ;) xx
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Well thought through and accurate response. CARD is the best weapon we have for putting their drivel to shame. Can't wait for Saturday to demonstrate again the statement shows why I am CARD side of the fence and not theirs. Congratulations in your well written response that makes the regimes post look like a Mickey Mouse show.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

Been tied up with grandkids' stuff as it's Easter hols time but wanted to add my congrats to CARD and all who sail in her.

Thank you all from the heart of my bottom !

I bet you threw a Beach Ball?
    I knew you were trouble the first time I met you. ;) xx
    Yes TCE you can spot the wrong uns as soon as you set eyes on them, you catch a glimpse of an un-inflated beach ball under their tartan blankets or their junior red hats and you know it's all going to kick off. ( well, kick off may be a bit delayed, but that's just more evidence showing what these miscreants are capable of)
    Hopefully they'll feel the full weight of a 5 year season ticket arriving on their doorstep as punishment. A stretch like that will soon crush their spirit.
  • Options
    CARD should have told me they were at NSY. I work just round the corner. Could have met for lunch!
  • Options
    Love it. A considered, balanced and intelligent response - in direct contrast to the incoherent ramblings issued by Roly and his puppets a couple of weeks ago.
  • Options
    Excellent work CARD but so sad that the football is now secondary to protesting. However, we will win because we have the correct people in place to oust the interim owners.

(Interim owners is not my work, saw it on another thread and liked it).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done to CARD not just for this response but for everything they've done. We are going to win this battle. Really want to get more involved in the Birmingham protests
  • Options
    Great wordsmithing ... keep up the pressure on all fronts.
  • Options
    So we know the club lied about Roland meeting with fans. Which makes me wonder about exactly what the "number of criminal acts" the fans are alleged to have carried out are. Surely taking the piss out of the CEO isn't now illegal?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

We all have a responsibility to keep our protests legal and proportionate.
    The regime wants to deflect attention away from their embarrassing failures and more towards any random protest act that gives them the moral high ground.

Plenty of people (at least 2% LOL).
    Plenty of noise.
    Plenty of media attention.

We have Brighton coming up:

A club that 4 years ago announced to fans a 5 year plan to get to the Premiership without overspending.
    A club with a chairman who is a life-long supporter and travels on the train to away games with fellow supporters.
    A club that uses predominantly local suppliers and workers in all aspects of it's daily running.
    A club with "community stadium" as part of it's ground name.
    A club that has a press release in the local paper every day.

But also a club that has had many troubles over the last 20 years, and whose supporters once sent 6500 protest letters to Downing Street - hence they should be sympathetic to our protests.

We must get rid of these dreadful owners in order to save our club. In truth, none of us has a clue what RD plans for CAFC in the future - but one thing is for sure, we are picking up the tab and will be heavily debt-laden going forward.

Well done to the CARD team, let's keep the protest fund topped-up when we can.

Need to get Brighton fans in on the protest. That will get huge media attention.
    I think a lot of Brighton fans hold us in high regard. They too have had their troubles in the last 20 years and at some point we were very supportive of their case. If nothing else we can all celebrate the hatred of Palace together.

I can't make the final game of the season but I can make it in time for the after game protest and hopefully it will be big, loud, proud and (almost) within the law.
  • Options
    Nothing much to add to the many magnanimous comments except to confirm my support from afar.
  • Options
    yes, that is admittedly the best reason I have seen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Read BBC sport web site "Britexit" and effect on football. Charlton hardest hit!
    Never heard a better reason to vote out on 23/6.

Lol...looks like I'll be changing my mind on June 23rd...does it include interim owners and CEOs?? :smile:
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

What are are all discussing here is the disaster that RD and KM are in the current PR debacle. Seen to be bullies, antagonistic and in general totally hopeless.
    But we do not follow Charlton for the PR issues.
    Let's remind us all of why we have CARD.
    Total mismanagement of the football. Inadequate managers/ coaches appointed for the convenience of RDs network. Inadequate players again bought into a league they were not able to compete in, again for the convenience of RDs network.

Yes. Out of interest, how many players have come through the door since the Belgian Amatuers have turned up? It will be nice to attach the number of players brought in, to the 6 coaches, to illustrate how useless their strategy has been. It might be worth getting the numbers out there in the run up to relegation, because they will blame the unrest for relegation. We mustn't let them deflect away from their poorly executed football strategy. Get the narrative out there early and stay one step ahead. The football Press/ TV will pick up on the numbers. Commentators/Pundits will mention it in the TV coverage.
    Analysis of signings since RD arrived here:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/72249/the-mess-were-in-rolands-weird-meaning-unique-transfer-policy#latest
  • Options

Tutt-Tutt said:

What are are all discussing here is the disaster that RD and KM are in the current PR debacle. Seen to be bullies, antagonistic and in general totally hopeless.
    Total mismanagement of the football. Inadequate managers/ coaches appointed for the convenience of RDs network. Inadequate players again bought into a league they were not able to compete in, again for the convenience of RDs network.

Yes. Out of interest, how many players have come through the door since the Belgian Amatuers have turned up? It will be nice to attach the number of players brought in, to the 6 coaches, to illustrate how useless their strategy has been. It might be worth getting the numbers out there in the run up to relegation, because they will blame the unrest for relegation. We mustn't let them deflect away from their poorly executed football strategy. Get the narrative out there early and stay one step ahead. The football Press/ TV will pick up on the numbers. Commentators/Pundits will mention it in the TV coverage.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/72249/the-mess-were-in-rolands-weird-meaning-unique-transfer-policy#latest
    Thanks for the reminder, EveshamAddick, as it makes very, very depressing reading but is symptomatic of the failure of RD and KM. I think I will vote Brexit now!
  • Options

It's scary how much better written each CARD statement is then anything the club has produced recently.

If the club can't stand the competition, perhaps we could engage a senile Belgian to write our communiqués?
  • Options
    edited March 2016

Tutt-Tutt said:

Thanks for the reminder, EveshamAddick, as it makes very, very depressing reading but is symptomatic of the failure of RD and KM. I think I will vote Brexit now!
    Voting to leave the EU won't remove the owner, sadly. It would be nice if the CEO had to apply for a work permit, which she should fail to get seeing as she's proven herself totally incompetent and no better than UK people who could be employed in the same role. However, I suspect any EU citizens currently employed in the UK will be allowed to stay until their current contract has expired. On top of the already documented hit to our economy that would occur should we leave, having thousands if not millions of jobs suddenly not being done would be a massive blow. Of course, you could argue the CEO isn't doing her job as it is!
  • Options
    Another calm, measured response which puts those within the club to shame.
  • Options

Read BBC sport web site "Britexit" and effect on football. Charlton hardest hit!
    Never heard a better reason to vote out on 23/6.

That's me decided then. We want Europe out!
  • Options
    well done CARD with that great respose .The owner of our great club must not get away with his lies
  • Options
    Congratulations to CARD the response is eloquent and direct, which is more than you can say for the club. If this was a boxing match it would be stopped now.