Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hall of Fame vote

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hans Jeppson
  • Options
    Smith; Summers; Walsh
  • Options
    A magnificent 4 page spread in yesterday's programme. (Thank you Olly). But no photo of the legend that is Norman Smith. Do not forget him when you cast your vote. 450 matches for Charlton in a 14 year spell with the club, 1922-36 and the only player ever to play in 3 promotion teams.
  • Options
    Smith,
    Powell
    Walsh

• Options

A magnificent 4 page spread in yesterday's programme. (Thank you Olly). But no photo of the legend that is Norman Smith. Do not forget him when you cast your vote. 450 matches for Charlton in a 14 year spell with the club, 1922-36 and the only player ever to play in 3 promotion teams.

He should have used my profile picture, although it did take me a long time to find one of the great Norman Smith
  • Options
    Smith
    Powell
    Walsh

The first I don't know, bu then don't know any of them so will give my vote to Norman Smith. The two Colins I know and they both deserve it in my opinion.
  • Options
    Keep the votes rolling in
  • Options
    Still plenty of time to vote and to get tickets for the Dinner on 1st May where the three winners will be announced.
  • Options
    Last chance to vote this weekend. Results will be announced at the POTY Dinner next Sunday.
  • Options
    We announced the winners of the Hall of Fame vote last night. Harold Phipps, centre half in the 1947 FA Cup winning team won the pre 1950 category, Colin Powell triumphed in the 1951-80 vote and in an incredibly tight post 1980 tussle, Colin Walsh defeated Bob Bolder by just 8 votes. The 3 winners will have their names added to the Hall of Fame honours board in the Museum.

Bolder and the other runners up, Jimmy Oakes and John Hewie will have their names carried forward to the 2017 vote where they will be joined by 4 new nominations. Suggestions please for the 2017 contest ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shocked that Norman Smith didn't win or even come second.

Jimmy Seed, Matt Tees, Kish
  • Options

We announced the winners of the Hall of Fame vote last night. Harold Phipps, centre half in the 1947 FA Cup winning team won the pre 1950 category, Colin Powell triumphed in the 1951-80 vote and in an incredibly tight post 1980 tussle, Colin Walsh defeated Bob Bolder by just 8 votes. The 3 winners will have their names added to the Hall of Fame honours board in the Museum.

Bolder and the other runners up, Jimmy Oakes and John Hewie will have their names carried forward to the 2017 vote where they will be joined by 4 new nominations. Suggestions please for the 2017 contest ?

Matt Holland
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Jack Horton
    Brian Kinsey
    John Robinson
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Smith (never saw him play but over 400 games and three promotions ? .. very few other Addicks have achieved this level of consistency)

Hewie (Just a legend and one of my heroes from the first days when I was impressionable boy in the early 60s)

Walsh (didn't see him that often as I was abroad during much of his stay .. a Clough 'graduate' .. immensely skilful and brave .. oh for a few like him in the team for 2016/17)

EDIT .. missed the deadline .. would my uncounted vote have made any difference ((:>)
  • Options
    What about Nicky Johns? Played more matches for us than any other keeper apart from Sam Bartram, and three times player of the year. We've been blessed with many good keepers over the years, and he is one of the very best.
  • Options
    Who are the previous nominations that have come 3rd and therefore can't be voted for again?

Just so we don't nominate anyone who isaid ineligible.
  • Options
    Scott Parker?
  • Options
    got to have Eddie Firmani on the board at some time
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

Who are the previous nominations that have come 3rd and therefore can't be voted for again?

Just so we don't nominate anyone who isaid ineligible.

I was wondering about that, I presume people like Steve Gritt have been nominated before
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

got to have Eddie Firmani on the board at some time

and I would go for another legendary figure in Lord Llewellyn (a k a Alan) Curbishley .. Firmani a sublime player and half decent manager .. Curbs a sublime manager and half decent player
  • Options
    Seed
    Lawrence
    Curbishley
  • Options
    Prehistoric: Scotty Kingsley, Seth Plum, Bert Johnson

Historic: John Hewie, John Hewie, John Hewie ( Eddie Firmani, Cyril Hammond)

Modern: Radostin Kishishev, Dean Kiely, Peter Shirtliff)
  • Options
    John Robinson
    Alan Curbishley
    Theo Foley
    Steve Brown
  • Options
    Special cases to be made for

Fred Chick
    Jim McKenzie
    Nobby Nightingale
  • Options
    Steve Brown is a great shout for the Modern nomination...

Spent 12-years at the club he was there before we came back to the Valley and left us in the Premier League, went in Goal when required and the moment he pulled off that save against Villa almost saved us from Relegation!!
  • Options
    Hans Jeppson
  • Options
    Davide Petrucci?
  • Options
    edited May 2016

@killerjerrylee (or anyone) did Colin Walsh win to be added to the Hall of Fame board? I see him at work and was telling him that and it was news to him. I will let him know it's the case and he can claim his free half a shandy in Bartrams if someone would please confirm?

Cheers