Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another award for Katrien Meire

Many on CL will know that KM received an award for her 'achievements' from her old university in Belgium earlier this month. That award from KU Leuven is currently being challenged by Charlton fans with letters to the Governing bodies there requesting that they re-consider the award in the light of KMs disastrous record as CEO which clearly has not been widely reported on in the ancient campus and hallowed halls of the University.

I am thinking on the lines of an award which instead recognises her failure of the highest order as a CEO and so-called businesswoman.

I'm sure there are many out there who can come up with some ideas on what form the award should take (but ideally a trophy on which may be inscribed a suitable and legally acceptable message).

I am serious about commissioning such an award but I'm not sure how/when it could be presented in a way which would achieve press coverage.
Perhaps avoid the POTY as this should be an event for the player(s) but there may be opportunities elsewhere?

We all know what the Nightmeire would do if this came off - just grin for the cameras!
Even so................................

Comments

• Options
    The disregard for customers award
  • Options
    What's the problem with Katrien?
  • Options
    I haven't had time to alter this - clearly the word "fix" needs changing!

• Options
    The Laundry Basket award for deception.
  • Options
    The Gepetto Legacy Award.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Is there a Darwin award that can be adapted?

Edit - or how about this one - The Dunning Kruger Award.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

or

The Anne Frank Award.
  • Options
    The Gerry Anderson Award for Independent Action
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Whatever the wording, definitely have this image on the award -

PS It's a lyre!

I was going to post a picture of a lyrebird but I wouldn't want to taint them with the association
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can't beat a bit of Bully.
  • Options
    The Murray trophy for Outstanding Achievement in the field of excellence
  • Options
    A few years ago didn't someone institute a "Gerald Ratner Award", if that is still going it would be eminently suitable for KM
  • Options
    I think the award should be called a Roly and she should get one for being able to grin.
  • Options
    And... just opening the envelope... the 2016 award for 'Time To Give Your Ears A Chance'... goes to...
  • Options
    Maybe we could nominate Katrien and the club for the "Foot in Mouth" and the "Golden Bull" awards awarded by the Plain English Campaign?
  • Options
    Fabulous idea @addick1965

I'm sure the Duchatelet missive, must be up for something. There's also a 'Kick in the pants' award.

It doesn't specifically mention awards for 2016, but last year's were held in October so I presume it'll be around the same time.

There's and email address for them on this page:

http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/campaigning/46-awards/1069-entry-details.html
  • Options

You can't beat a bit of Bully.

That's the award for Tony Cajones!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2016

And... just opening the envelope... the 2016 award for 'Time To Give Your Ears A Chance'... goes to...

In my family it was, "Shut your mouth and give your arse a chance." Dyslexia, I suppose.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I wish all of you would just leave her alone, she's only trying to do her job

You just can't handle competition....
  • Options

Many on CL will know that KM received an award for her 'achievements' from her old university in Belgium earlier this month. That award from KU Leuven is currently being challenged by Charlton fans with letters to the Governing bodies there requesting that they re-consider the award in the light of KMs disastrous record as CEO which clearly has not been widely reported on in the ancient campus and hallowed halls of the University.

This is a personal attack, this has nothing to do with us and find it a bit pathetic to be honest.

Sure protest against everything they do with their club, but don't disrupt their personal lives, that's harassment.

I'm sure I'll get plenty of digs for saying this but it had to be said.

We all dislike what they are doing here, but they won't be around long if we keep up the pressure against what they do here.
  • Options
    We used to have an award at work, dished out weekly. The trophy consisted of a figure of a person with his head stuck up anothers arse, and mounted on a wooden plinth. It was the "Sphincter Boy Of the Week" award. Could be adapted.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

This is a personal attack, this has nothing to do with us and find it a bit pathetic to be honest.

Sure protest against everything they do with their club, but don't disrupt their personal lives, that's harassment.

We all dislike what they are doing here, but they won't be around long if we keep up the pressure against what they do here.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler,

Don't really agree obviously.

It's not a personal attack per se which is a pretty strong word to use but a recognition by virtue of public exposure by these means that her performance as a CEO at Charlton should not be seen in the business and academic world as a success.
    The other side of the coin needs to be shown.

Remember also that KM has no qualms about criticising fans in calling them effectively stupid for "not seeing themselves as customers". No, I don't think she should be immune from the kind of thing I am proposing which is surely only akin to the Pinnochio event where the intention is to draw attention to the failings of someone who in public is presenting themselves as someone whom sponsors can trust for example when all the accumulated evidence points to the contrary.

I would not shed a tear if she received a 'failure' award in public but then neither would she of course but it would alert sponsors and maybe the media that this person is perceived by many as not fit to be the CEO of a major football club in this country.

So, sorry, but I don't accept your view in this instance (certainly not the charge that its pathetic) but, like you, I hope she/they go as soon as poss.
  • Options
    Has it been said that it relates to her time here?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

...says the man who fills her e-mail box with gratuitous e-mails:-) (which incidentally I very much enjoy reading!)
  • Options

cabbles said:

...says the man who fills her e-mail box with gratuitous e-mails:-) (which incidentally I very much enjoy reading!)
    They're strictly business - very top level strategic discussions about important issues