Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ronnie Corbett RIP

Comments

• Options
    I'll remember many of the two ronnies sketches until my dying day. And my son will remember them after that.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

A genuinely nice man by all accounts.

I know that can be a bit of a cliche as the TV will always wheel on any old luvvie to heap lavish praise on the passing of one of their own, but in this case it's absolutely true. Never heard anyone have a bad word to say about the man, which takes some doing in these days of hate filled internet posts and tweets.

RIP Ronnie.

was going to say the same. From the outside, what a great life he must have led. Someone who genuinely made people laugh who everyone seemed to have time for, loved what he did and got to play loads of golf. Rare in a comedian, never got the impression he was plagued with the fragility, self doubts, self loathing that a lot of them seem to suffer from.
  • Options
    Damn we're losing some fine folk this year. When I was a kid I didn't really get his monologue bits of the Two Ronnies but as an adult it clicked. A funny man.

RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Ronnie. Reunited with Ronnie B again
  • Options
    RIP. Grew up watching the Two Ronnies.

To add to Off It's post above. A friend of mine of mine did a photo shoot with them both for the Beeb and said they were absolute gentlemen.
  • Options
    The 2 Ronnies are probably my favorite comedy duo of all time (and that's some accolade coming from someone as funny as me).

RIP Ronnie, you will be remembered as one of the best
  • Options
    R.I.P. All the people you grew up with seem to be leaving us!
  • Options
    Palace fan
  • Options
    Love them 2
  • Options
    Absolute legend of comedy that has probably only got the praise he deserved in the last decade or so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Met him. We paid for an hour of his time to open our new shop. He stayed the whole evening chatting, telling jokes and anecdotes. Smashing chap. RIP.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Absolute legend of comedy that has probably only got the praise he deserved in the last decade or so.

I think I know what you're getting at, but back in the 70's and 80's the Two Ronnies were huge so he would've had plenty of praise at the time.

But I think people who were younger back then have kind of "rediscovered" him again in more recent years, probably as we've got older and now fully appreciate what they actually did, rather than just dismiss it as something their parents laughed along to (so it can't be all that!). Similar thing happened with Bob Monkhouse before he popped off.

• Options
    Comic genius, probably the last of his 'type' ... Language Timothy ... R I P
  • Options
    Ronnie Barker was my third cousin, good to know they will be reunited once again.
  • Options
    Sorry should have added RIP
  • Options
    Ironically he R C was recently in a very clever Radio4 series with Lisa Tarbuck: 'When the Dog Dies' .. well worth a listen as it's sure to be back soon on DAB Radio4 Extra
  • Options
    Genuinely saddened to hear of the passing of Ronnie Corbett. In my eyes, the last of the golden generation of British comedians. RIP
  • Options
    Sorry !
  • Options
    Great comedy in that "Four candles" sketch. That shop reminds me of Skillmans in Trafalgar Road Greenwich. Was just like that until very recently.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rest in Peace Ronnie. Your mate will be waiting for you for a warm welcome, I am sure. I'll even forgive you your apparent allegiance to a certain bunch of stripies!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I know I've posted a couple of his armchair monologues (because I really think these were outrageously underrated and really defined him - his presence and timing is masterful), but for me, the following sketch was just brilliant:

http://youtu.be/y0C59pI_ypQ
  • Options
    That clip is brilliant. RIP little Ronnie.
  • Options
    Great great entertainer. Sadly we are due to lose too many as time marches on.

RIP and God bless you Mr Corbett.
  • Options
    RIP Ronnie comic genius
  • Options
    Bang goes my birthday mate, RIP and goodnight from me.
  • Options
    RIP Ronnie. Thanks for the laughs. Sad news but will look back smiling!
  • Options
    I thought he would live forever. It is indeed a sad year.