Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leicester

Comments

• Mark my words, Wednesday to win it next!
  • Mark my words, Wednesday to win it next!

Please no.
  • 6 teams in 23 years. Stewth.
  • Our club is fucking dead
  • 1StevieG said:

6 teams in 23 years. Stewth.

After Arsenal in 2003/04, THREE teams shared the next 11 titles (Man U 5, Chelsea 4, Man City 2). And 2 of those teams won't be in the Champions League next season!
  • Never really believed they wouldn't throw it away. It's great to be proved wrong.
  • 1StevieG said:

Ranieri has not won a top division league title as manager.

He has now :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
    Congratulations to Leicester, nice to see an unfashionable club stick up two fingers to the "big clubs".

Well done too to Claudio Ranieri for masterminding an amazing season, he will no doubt be remembered for ever in Leicester and have buildings, roads and babies named after him.

However, just for a bit of "misery balance" so beloved on CL ...

I'll also remember Ranieri as the man who dealt a mortal blow to our Champions League dreams in 2004 by stealing our number 7.

Just saying ...

#couldhavebeenus #notwithourowner #fcukoffrolandkatrien
  • LenGlover said:

Great to see an ordinary club stick it up the usual suspects.

Thought Spurs come 2nd ; )
  • That's how it's done Pinocchio..........please take note, you arrogant, incompetent, lying old young bag.

• Hallelujah, well done Leicester, not only have you broken up the top four, but you've saved the entire country from the endless gloating and crowing that we'd have heard from Spurs fans had they won it.
    I'm waiting to see any one of the Spurs fans I know congratulate Leicester on social media....... could be a long wait.
  • Have they forgiven Kermorgant , history may have changed had he tucked away that penalty

They should never have underestimated SuperYann it was all part if his master plan :wink: .

• Looking forward to the vocal appreciation for Ranieri at the Valley on Saturday!

He comes from Italy
    He won the Premier League
    Ranieri oh oh oh oh

• The Leicester Customers looked jolly excited - Wierd!

Fantastic result but spare a thought for the Spurs fans who may feel a tad gutted this morning - Lol!
  • IAgree said:

Fantastic result but spare a thought for the Spurs fans who may feel a tad gutted this morning - Lol!

Why?
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame I don't work with any Scousers, as I could point out that a team beginning with L has finally won the Premier League.
    Now I just want Norwich, Sunderland and Newcastle to win all their remaining games and Palace to lose all theirs because they're concentrating on the cup....

and then Man U to win the cup.

• It is great to see someone else get amongst the usual suspects. Once again, success for a club that took the administration route - even if it was some time ago.

• ChiAddick said:

IAgree said:

Why?
    Was being sarcastic LOL!
  • Just read a stat about Andy King. Has now one League 1, the Chapionship and Premier League titles with Leicester.

Chris Solly will do all that and win the Champions League in the next four years
    With his new club :wink: .
  • On 5Live this morning it was all, 'Leicester have changed the PL for ever!' Maybe I'm a cynic, but I really doubt that. It would be great, but I suspect that normal service will be resumed.
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33751507

Not having a dig at Phil McNulty, but his BBC predictions last August for the season are astonishingly wrong! More a reflection of a bizarre season

Chelsea to win
    Spurs 6th
    Everton 7th
    Newcastle 13th
    Villa 15th
    Leicester 19th
    Watford 20th
    Had Leicester City kept manager Nigel Pearson - who for all his bizarre behaviour did brilliantly as the Foxes won seven and drew one of their last 10 games to stay up - we would not be in this relegation territory.

But his sacking, with Leicester's board saying their working relationship was "no longer viable", and the appointment of Claudio Ranieri means I fear the worst.

Ranieri's appointment is, at best, left field and at worst uninspiring and unwise. A charming man but perhaps one out of time with the Premier League having last worked there with Chelsea in 2004 and having had a chequered career since.

The Italian known as "The Tinkerman" for his constant team changes was sacked last year as manager of Greece, an infamous four-month reign notorious for a home defeat by the Faroe Islands.

Time will tell - but this one does not quite sit right and it is to be hoped Leicester are not plunged back into the danger zone they occupied for so long last season.
  • edited May 2016
    You have to laugh as Wes gets dragged by the dogs basket, a couple of paws appear so the dog is clearly unipressed with it all :smile: